News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Yeah, I know. :) I was just being my usual smart-alecky jerkish self.

Ghost/Fire or Ghost/Water would be cool... but Ghost/Grass seems interesting. :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

a non-legendary Psychic/Grass (with the primary being psychic) would be cool (because Exeggcute/Exeggutor are primary grass)

SlowPokemon

Yeah... my two favorite types...

together, they will fear bug-types!

DrP

SlowPokemon

Luckily, one doesn't come across Bug-type moves very often. :)

Cobraroll

^^Aside from the weaknesses to Fire, Poison, Flying, Ice, Dark and Ghost, you mean?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

yes, but... poison will be counter balanced since psychic is the primary type, so the move wont be as effective as it would on a grass type.

Cobraroll

Sorry to say, but the order in which the types are presented are actually just for aestethic purposes. For example, Tyranitar is clearly a Rock Pokémon, so his primary type is Rock, but he has all the qualities of a Dark-type as well. Likewise, Zapdos is "an Electric thing that can fly", Parasect is "A bug with a plant on its back", Bulbasaur is "A plant that happens to be poisonous", etc. Thus, the types are presented in that order. A Psychic/Grass type would work exactly like a Grass/Psychic one in every aspect.

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Yeah, Dr Pamplemousse, that has no significance at all. :)

DrP

But look at Dragonite, a Dragon/Flying type... Dragon's are barely affected by electric moves and flying types are really affected, but in Dragonite's case, damage is 1x instead of 1/2x or 1/5x... both counteract each other... so how does that work out, huh?

SlowPokemon

Umm, because it's supereffective on Flying, but not very effective on Dragon, so it cancels out! Hello? Are you just now figuring this out? ;P

Cobraroll

Yeah. Say, type A is weak to Attack move T, so T deals 2x damage to a Pokémon of the A type.

Then Type B is resistant to T, so T deals 0.5x damage to Pokémon of the A type.

If a Pokémon is dual-type AB, damage will first be calculated for type A, then for B. In Dragonite's case, Electric attacks will be halved in effect before being doubled again. If it had been Flying/Dragon, it would have been doubled, then halved. Both equations put it back to 1x effectivenes.

Sorry, just had to elaborate.

SlowPokemon

Yeah, that's perfectly fine...

Even if you do the primary type first, the result is still the same.

DrP

No... say we take exeggecute witch is grass/psychic and a poison move is used... first it would take 1.5x damage and multiply that by .5x to make it equal the virtual 1x final damage of the move on exeggcute

Cobraroll

The poison move would first do 2x damage, like any Super Effective move. Twice the damage, look it up on Serebii, Bulbapedia or Smogon, they all say the same.

Also, Psychic is not resistant to Poison.