News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 23, 2010, 06:13:30 PMSnivy=Snake+Ivy
Tepig=Tepid (meaning warm or lukewarm) +Pig
Oshawott=Ocean+Water/Otter
Quote from: winterkid09 on November 23, 2010, 06:15:07 PMThat explains things :)
Yep! :)

I think that they actually make sense if you think about them...but. :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Jub3r7 on November 23, 2010, 05:37:34 PMWHY?! Osha... wott... water. Otter. It's a water otter. Woohoo. How many Oshawotts in a lightbulb?

epic

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Shadoninja

I have a feeling Zeta had a hand in the naming of oshawott.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

dahans

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 23, 2010, 12:11:40 PMYou can't say that without telling us their names! Now I want to know. :)
Alright! You can't hold me resonsible for vomitting!
Ottaro
Serpifeu (Ser-pee-foi)
Floink
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Korados

Quote from: dahans on November 23, 2010, 10:02:20 PMAlright! You can't hold me resonsible for vomitting!
Ottaro
Serpifeu (Ser-pee-foi)
Floink

The german names for the starters aren't translated well, especially Ottaro, it doesn't fit in the sense of the japanese name Mijumaru, meaning something like "little, unexperienced water otter", in german just the otter survived. Further you could confuse Serpifeu with the fire pokemon in german in cause of the last syllable, fire means Feuer in german and the feu at the end of Serpifeu... Last but not least, Floink rhymes on Spoink so you could confuse that also. I don't like the english name, Tepig, too. Tepig almost sounds like the german word "Teppich", meaning carpet on english... :D

Roz~

French names:

Vipélierre (Tsutaja)
Gruikui (Pokabu)
Moustillon (Mijumaru)

Horrible. At least the English names are not as bad as those.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Jub3r7

Gruikui is definitely not as bad as TEH PIG.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

Disagreement; terrible name for terrible Pokemon equals perfect. Tepig fits it perfectly.

Winter

Jub3r7

SlowPokemon

Terrible name for terrible Pokemon for terrible trainer=still perfect. ;) Just kidding. I'm sworn against Fire starters, kinda.

Jub3r7

SlowPokemon

I've picked Charmander and Chimchar before. :P Trained Charmander in FireRed and Chimchar in my first Pearl...Torterra went to my Diamond.

Anyway, I'll be picking Snivy in Black, and then either train it again in White or pick Oshawott. (Most likely the latter)