News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I enjoy using many non-damage moves. My favorites are Toxic, Nasty Plot/Swords Dance as the case may be, Calm Mind/Bulk Up as the case may be, Iron Defense, Cosmic Power, Confuse Ray (sometimes Swagger), Dragon Dance...

Growth will be amazing now that it raises Atk/Sp.Atk, but my favorite new non-damage moves are Shell Break and Ciol--especially Coil as Jaroda learns it (Lv38 to be precise) and Jaroda is the ruler of all.

Because I said so.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

if you use "ruler of all" and "because I said so" in the same Phrase/Sentence/Modifier or helper of a previous sentence, you are perceived as something I don't want to say... Jaroda is not the ruler of all... that can be EASILY debated and a loss can be attributed to an extremely annoying.

Tsutarja and Janoby may learn some great moves (as well as Jaroda) but its basically, like KF said, an unoriginal Pokémon that looks like a Milotic... and it doesn't have the best Stat distribution... personally, none of them really do... and with base values at 528, they should have SOME semblance of being good (also, Togekiss can pwn them with higher base stats... Togekiss can really do a number on Jaroda any day!)

C'est mon two cents!

SlowPokemon

I don't think it's unoriginal at all. And just because something is "strong" doesn't make it perfect or even good in my book.

C'est moi two cents! ;D

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a flame war here, and I can totally see your perception of only using damage moves. But many competitive battlers (and me) look for something outside the run-of-the-mill Pokemon.

DrP

C'est MON two cents!!! You wouldn't go on saying "It's me two cents"

Also, I have a feeling that the starters here in Isshu may be underused (minus Mijumaru's evolution... cause it looks cool and water starters are usually the most overused), so that may help... but I intend on using Pokémon that are underused in BW... so no Munna or that Alligator thing or that Fire think that looks like a pre-evo to Hetran... etc...

SlowPokemon

I understand you completely! :)

Are you saving the overused ones for your alternate/English version, or are you just never using them? I didn't use a Staraptor in Diamond (my first Gen IV game) but I did in Pearl.

And I just copied what you said... therefore you had also made a mistake before you edited!

DrP

I'm saving Shimama for one of my English ones... Munna im using right now (even though I really haven't been using it)... im just about to face the fourth gym leader and I have no pokemon strong against it, so I'm gonna use Shimama against his Emonga Army!!! haha

Jub3r7

So far my team (when I get the game) will consist of:
Pokabu's final evo, Gear's final evo, Yorterri('s evo?)... uhhh
And a couple more. I haven't completely decided yet.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

My Yoterrie (well, Harania, or whatever it is) is at Lv 27... still gots a ways to go...

My team hasn't been constructed one bit... i am contemplating on using the ghost-chandelier!

SlowPokemon

I would love that! First time other than Vulpix I'll use a Fire-type that I'm excited for! Ghost is easily one of my favorite types!

Jub3r7

Oh yeah! And I want the fire type ghost on my team!
So...
Evolutions of:
1. Pokabu
2. Gear
3. Yorterrie
4. (Fire Ghost)
5. (Water Type (anything but the squid))
6. ???

Oh no! Two fires on my team! Oh well.

SlowPokemon

:o

There's a squid??? POST A PIC POST A PIC

Jub3r7

It's either a squid or a jellyfish...
I'll look for a picture, unless someone beats me to it.

SlowPokemon

OOHHH The water-ghost one!!

That one is like my favorite water type from the region lol

I just love octopi.

Winter

SlowPokemon