News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

Unfortunately.

Hah! Only joking, Dawn fans.... Oh, and Iris/Dento. I have a feeling that Dento might do Pokemon musicals. (Although I might be completely wrong....)
If that happens, does that mean.... Iris will be like Brock? O_o Oh dear....

Oh yeah, and since Brock is leaving, will the Boulder Shippers go away? (The people that believe in boulder shipping).... XD
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/BoulderShipping
....To me, that's just scary....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

Well, that is just plain scary in my book... but ill let people think that!

Dento is going to replace Brock... to get all sides, I look at Serebii AND Bulbapedia (even though my primary stuff is from Bulbapedia)... Dento is a Pokémon Sommelier, or in English, a Wine Steward... this means he is in the restaurant business, therefore knows food and since Brock made the food and stuff, he will take his place... also, Dento didn't really want to be a Gym Leader (as did Brock)... so there are many similarities there.

In terms of Iris, we really don't know for the time being... she could be like Misty and be a defected Gym Leader, or she is just along for the ride just to "travel"... We shall see!  ;D

SlowPokemon

If it makes them happy, then whatever I don't care if they "ship" that. ::)

I don't care what anyone else thinks about Pokemon things, actually. :P

It is interesting to hear what fans have to say, though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

I has a transcript referring to an interview with Ken Sugimori referring to the starters!!!

Ken Sugimori, primary illustrator: I really struggled the most with the Water-type [starter] this time.

Yusuke Ohmura, illustrator: There was talk of, "Wouldn't a sea otter be good for the Water starter?" But it was a really close decision in terms of what this sea otter would become once it evolves. In the end, we decided to have it evolve into something with a completely different appearance.

Sugimori: Of course, we want to make the starters into Pokémon that remain with the player throughout the game, so we hope to make them evolve into creatures that offer a surprise to the player. We always make an effort to throw in some twists and create third-stage evolutions that have an impact.

Ohmura: There was also talk this time about dividing the three starters into Japanese, Western, and Chinese styles of design. Tsutarja was based on Western design, and Pokabu was rooted in a Chinese style, so I was told, "Let's make Mijumaru into a more Japanese-style design." Someone even asked, "Can't you make Mijumaru into a samurai?" [laughs]

Everyone: [laughs]

Sugimori: I worried about it for a while, and I eventually went to go see the sea otters at the aquarium. I happened to catch the sea lion show while I was there, and I became aware of the sea lion's power. "Well, let's try blending a sea otter and a sea lion," I thought. I came up with the idea of making the shell on Mijumaru's stomach into a sword (katana) and using it to fight, and that's how I completed Mijumaru and its evolution."

Mijumaru's evolution is going to have a sword/katana??? I do like how it blends three main ways of life (though Chinese and Japanese are quite similar)

Roz~

Haha, sounds awesome! Can't wait for the game to finally be released! :D
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

I can't wait until I get that email tuesday!!!

If what Sugimori alluded to was pretty cool, a water Pokémon with a Sword would be awhsome!

MASSIVE EDIT!

ITS OFFICIAL! ISSHU IS BASED OFF OF NEW YORK!

増田

はい。ニューヨークをモチーフにしました。

岩田

とうとう日本を飛び出して・・・。

増田

ついに海を渡ってしまいました(笑)。

岩田

どうしてニューヨークをモチーフにしようと思ったんですか?

増田

やっぱり大きく変えたいという気持ちがいちばんですね。
それに以前、自分の曲をアレンジしていただいて、
『ポケモン』のコンサート(※9)をしたことがあるんです。

岩田

増田さんはディレクターであると同時に作曲者でもありますからね。

※9

『ポケモン』のコンサート=『ポケモン』10周年を記念し、2006年に全国4カ所で開催された「ポケモンはっぴーバースデーコンサート」のこと。曲のアレンジは作曲家・三枝成彰氏が担当。

増田

はい。そこでカントー(関東)、ジョウト(関西)、
ホウエン(九州)、シンオウ(北海道)という
『ポケモン』の舞台になった順番で、
それぞれの場所でコンサートをやらせてもらったんですけど
「もし次にもう1回できるとしたらどこがいいかな?」と考えて、
そのとき、ニューヨークがいいなあと思ったんです。
マンハッタンには、ミュージカルやオペラを楽しめる
有名な劇場がたくさんありますから。
ところが、演奏家や楽器などのすべてを
飛行機で運ばなければなりませんし、
いろんな問題があって、実現できなかったんです。

岩田

では、今作の舞台がニューヨークになったのは
コンサートの場所からの発想だったんですか?

Run this through Google Translate!

Original Site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/interview/irbj/vol1/index2.html

Meta-Ridley

New York?! there's too much grass and sand and stuff for Isshu to be NY (jokes)
The water starter with a sword? EPIC.

Roz~

Seems like there is going to be a total of 156 Pokemon including 12 legendary ones. One of them would be a pure flying-type too. I guess we'll see when the BW Pokedex is released!
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SuperRiolu

FINALLY! A pure flying type... long overdue for that one!
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

Jub3r7

A flying type.... that isn't normal type.
Which means that it will be really weird. (Pun intended.)
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

Well, it IS a Legendary, that can be caught in the game.

The Ubers are a Dark/Dragon type and the "three legendaries" are Grass/Fighting, Steel/Fighting and Rock/Fighting

Lastly, the final Pokémon is a Bug/Steel type, clocking in at Ndex #649

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jub3r7 on September 10, 2010, 11:55:57 AMA flying type.... that isn't normal type.
Which means that it will be really weird. (Pun intended.)

That's not really a pun, but okay.

I'll spoil the mons for myself right now, I can't resist. :P

Aww man, there are no pictures. :(

DrP

I would post the pictures if there were some!

Also, I do know a release date for something that might make you excited...

We can all find out the Gen V starters 9/18/2010!!!! hahaha

SlowPokemon

WOOHOO

But I already knew that, duh. ;)

DrP

I couldnt pop in a joke... of course we'll know before 9/18... there are going to be so many specials plus a CoroCoro release beforehand