News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taser9090

Quote from: Cobraroll on March 31, 2011, 12:24:18 PMThe music is better than expected too. I love the dynamic scores. Accumula Town is my favourite, with the piano and drums. The melodies are generally better than in D/P as well.
You should hear Village Bridge. At first it seems dull, but if you talk to certain people, the song sounds amazing. It's one of my favorite spots to train my stronger Pokemon.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Shadoninja

Quote from: Dude on March 31, 2011, 04:11:32 PMEven though I'm gonna evolve it? Wouldn't it be Fire/Fighting then? So I guess the second one would be best as I've already got 131 EVs on Attack.
Typing means nothing when determining EV spreads.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on March 31, 2011, 03:28:41 PMzuruzukin(scrafty) will always be badass to use in any team ever.

I didn't get to it in Black since I was training Krookodile (for a period of time anyway) and I didn't want another Dark-type...I will definitely be using it in White though, along with probably Swoobat.

EDIT: Umm...what?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

pokemon trading card game online is win. I can't wait till we can build our own decks and battle peoplez

Roz~

Haven't tried it yet because of school/work, but it really looks awsm.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Jub3r7

Too bad it's offline right now.  :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Roz~

Wouldn't have tried it right now anyway, I'm too tired. Plus I need to concentrate on catching my Reshiram.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Reshiram and Zekrom are ridiculously easy to catch for some reason...maybe because you HAVE to. :P

Shadoninja

well they do have a capture rate of 45 which is pretty average.

Dude

Isn't it supposed to be Winter in-game by now? It still says Autumn for me...

EDIT: Nvm, I just needed to go in somewhere and go out.

Cobraroll

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 31, 2011, 03:22:38 PMOh my god. Accumula Town is by far the worst song in the game, next to Nimbasa City...what is wrong with your ears? xD

Perhaps it is, but I still LOVE how the dynamic music is integrated in it.

QuoteAnyway, the routes do line up. You only get to visit the western region of Unova pregame, and the eastern side post-game. It goes in a circle. The routes near Route 1/Accumula Town are so named because they are optional/you can't visit them until after you obtain surf. It's kind of how Route 24/25 are at the beginning of Red and Blue.

That's not what I meant, though I can see that it could be interpreted that way. What I meant is that some routes are depicted entirely wrong on the town map, such as with Accumula where Route 2 goes west for a while before turning north, but the map depicts it as going straight north out of Accumula. Route 6 too goes more north than west, but the map shows it going linearly northwest. Similarly, Cold Storage is so close to Driftveil that it should count as part of the city, yet on the map it appears to be a fair distance away. Same goes for most other off-route locations.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Well, even so, you enter it from the west and it's just a straight path north... but now I know what you mean anyway.

And btw there are tons of cities and stuff with instruments that you can activate by talking or going near people. (Ex. in Nacrene City the guy with the accordion)

Have you figured out yet that on routes, while walking the drums can be heard in the score, but not while motionless?

Winter

I have no internal clock on my DSi, so it';s been spring this whole time.

Cobraroll

Seeing as everybody else uses the, you know, news topic for this kind of questions, I thought I'd have a go myself:

I just trained my pathetic Pansear to lv. 43, taught it Crunch and evolved it. Coincidentally, that happened to be just ten minutes after I got my Litwick in Celestial Tower. Pansear's capabilities have struck me as mediocre at best throughout the entire game, while Chandelure seems like a beast.

Though, here I am with a lv. 43 Simisear with Fire Blast and Crunch, vs a lv. 28 Litwick with one third of Simisear's stats and Flame Burst. Would it be better to keep Simisage in my team for now, then wait with Litwick, or should I drop Simisage and train Litwick, who eventually will become Lampent, instead? Mind you, I'm thinking on a relatively short term basis here. I will eventually get a good Chandelure, but I'm just not sure if now is the right time to start training one.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Definitely chandelure--it's a little frail but its sp. Atk beats even Porygon Z. Will also serve well against the elite four.

Anyway nobody even mentioned the inconvenience of having pokeballs in the same pocket as items...

Anyway I finally have a team. Here it is currently:

Serperior Lv58
Chandelure Lv58 (I love its modest nature)
Carracosta Lv58
Eelektross Lv58
Haxorus Lv59
Krookadile Lv59