News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Quote from: Roz~ on March 30, 2011, 03:42:41 AMI don't really need anything considering that I can breed 'mons.

damn! me too except for meloetta!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Olimar12345

i need a psycic pkmn for my team and all the other ones...are dumb...hell, i even got a genesect!

goals for pkmn black:
-get genesect
-get meloetta
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

fingerz

How the hell did you get that!?!
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Olimar12345

traded with someone online. the event is may 13 i think.

Roz~

Genosect was never released, not even in Japan. So it's a hack.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Olimar12345

Taser9090

Could I get more details about the events of Meloetta and Genesect? None of the websites I visit are not very specific on details.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Olimar12345

i couldnt find much either. the only thing i keep hearing is may 13 for genesect...

Cobraroll

Got the game about two weeks ago, and beat the fourth gym today (I would have gotten longer if it hadn't been for that military exercise). It's actually better than I had anticipated.

Yes, many of the Pokémon look and/or feel exactly like existing 'mons, but I expect that to become better further into the game. After all, in the beginning, the game makers need specific roles to be filled, and when they absolutely have to exclude all the old ones, they need to recast.

The music is better than expected too. I love the dynamic scores. Accumula Town is my favourite, with the piano and drums. The melodies are generally better than in D/P as well.

But first and foremost, the gameplay changes. Move diversity, weather, little tweaks... all for the better, as far as I can see. The "POKéMON's attack missed!" message will be sorely missed, but it seems more credible that the opponent managed to avoid getting hit, rather than implying that your own Pokémon just fired at a stationary target and missed. Also good that they FINALLY managed to put Pokémon names with proper capitalization.
However, the most prominent mechanic change is the new exp. system, which basically eliminates the option to stay and grind, and makes it WAY easier to train weak Pokémon with an exp. share. It forces you to proceed with the story, unless you stand the ever-decreasing amount of experience each of your Pokémon gets when it levels. Audino can speed up this process somewhat, but it only delays the problem. And it takes ages to force Audino to appear. All in all, I think the new exp. mechanic is an improvement, but a bitter one at times. I can't imagine how long it must take to get a Pokémon to level 100 in this game...

One downside, though: the Town map. It's rather crude compared to its predecessors, with routes not lining up, or even shown at the wrong side of cities (Accumula), and connections to off-road locations missing completely.

All in all, I'm satisfied with this game so far, and look forward to play it again tomorrow.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dude

How is this? Is it decent?: Tepig - #498 (Calm) Male (â™,) Blaze: 30 / 23 / 7, 9 / 31 / 15 / 16

The Defense stat is pretty low though, but overall I think it'll be fine. Now what should I EV train it? I'm starting with Attack, so maybe HP as well since it's so high?

Shadoninja

that tepig seems like it'd be a special attacker or a mixed attacker. you'd probably want to maximize its sp atk. next would either be HP for a bit of survivability or attack to be mixed although the nature lowers his attack. the last 4 could go into speed.
252 HP/252 Sp Atk/4 Spd
Or 252 Atk/252 Sp Atk/4 Spd

however you should try for something that increases attack

Lonely
+Attack, -Defense

Brave
+Attack, -Speed

Adamant
+Attack, -Special Attack

Naughty
+Attack, -Special Defense

Brave or adamant would be the best of the four choices
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on March 31, 2011, 12:24:18 PMGot the game about two weeks ago, and beat the fourth gym today (I would have gotten longer if it hadn't been for that military exercise). It's actually better than I had anticipated.

Yes, many of the Pokémon look and/or feel exactly like existing 'mons, but I expect that to become better further into the game. After all, in the beginning, the game makers need specific roles to be filled, and when they absolutely have to exclude all the old ones, they need to recast.

The music is better than expected too. I love the dynamic scores. Accumula Town is my favourite, with the piano and drums. The melodies are generally better than in D/P as well.

But first and foremost, the gameplay changes. Move diversity, weather, little tweaks... all for the better, as far as I can see. The "POKéMON's attack missed!" message will be sorely missed, but it seems more credible that the opponent managed to avoid getting hit, rather than implying that your own Pokémon just fired at a stationary target and missed. Also good that they FINALLY managed to put Pokémon names with proper capitalization.
However, the most prominent mechanic change is the new exp. system, which basically eliminates the option to stay and grind, and makes it WAY easier to train weak Pokémon with an exp. share. It forces you to proceed with the story, unless you stand the ever-decreasing amount of experience each of your Pokémon gets when it levels. Audino can speed up this process somewhat, but it only delays the problem. And it takes ages to force Audino to appear. All in all, I think the new exp. mechanic is an improvement, but a bitter one at times. I can't imagine how long it must take to get a Pokémon to level 100 in this game...

One downside, though: the Town map. It's rather crude compared to its predecessors, with routes not lining up, or even shown at the wrong side of cities (Accumula), and connections to off-road locations missing completely.

All in all, I'm satisfied with this game so far, and look forward to play it again tomorrow.

Oh my god. Accumula Town is by far the worst song in the game, next to Nimbasa City...what is wrong with your ears? xD

Anyway, the routes do line up. You only get to visit the western region of Unova pregame, and the eastern side post-game. It goes in a circle. The routes near Route 1/Accumula Town are so named because they are optional/you can't visit them until after you obtain surf. It's kind of how Route 24/25 are at the beginning of Red and Blue.

Meanwhile, if you don't like the Pokemon at the beginning because they have a "horrible design" or a "stupid name" or they're just "role-fillers" then you will be disappointed at the rest of the game. I like them, but they don't change, really. There are a few notably good ones like Bisharp, Mandibuzz, and Chandelure, however.

So anyway I visited Black City for the first time and there is no one there...is this because I just switched to the 3DS? :P

Team:
Serperior Lv55
Eelektross Lv55
Samurott Lv56
Mandibuzz Lv56
Haxorus Lv56
Chandelure Lv57

...Going through all the post game routes, I've only been through one. Had to spend a while training at the Nimbasa stadiums...

I'll be going on a ten or eleven hour drive starting tomorrow night, though, so I will have plenty of time to finish up Black and start on White! :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Shadoninja

zuruzukin(scrafty) will always be badass to use in any team ever.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Dude

Quote from: Shadoninja on March 31, 2011, 03:11:32 PMthat tepig seems like it'd be a special attacker or a mixed attacker. you'd probably want to maximize its sp atk. next would either be HP for a bit of survivability or attack to be mixed although the nature lowers his attack. the last 4 could go into speed.
252 HP/252 Sp Atk/4 Spd
Or 252 Atk/252 Sp Atk/4 Spd
Even though I'm gonna evolve it? Wouldn't it be Fire/Fighting then? So I guess the second one would be best as I've already got 131 EVs on Attack.