News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Pokémon Black and White News

Started by DrP, July 30, 2010, 12:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Wait, so super effective moves are 2 and critical hits are 1.5 then? And is psychic and poison one of those types where both types (like ice and dragon) both supereffective to each other

SlowPokemon

No, Psychic is super effective against poison, and Poison is normal damage against Psychic.

Everything else you said is right though. :)

DrP

Oh... I must have gotten those mixed up

SlowPokemon

Yah, that's fine.

I told you I restarted my HeartGold again, right? Well, I started with Chikorita (couldn't help myself) and I WAS planning on only training that, so the game would be more of a challenge. But then my Togepi hatched shortly after I got it, and had Serene Grace. x-)

So, I am training it. I'll make a full team now. I'll have Meganium, Togetic (Togekiss)...

Any suggestions? :) I want to train Slowpoke again, but either evolve it into Slowbro or not evolve it at all. (It's SO adorable as a Slowpoke!)

I also may train only three, or something like that.

But you must speak up before I go and choose them myself. :)

DrP

Slowpoke and growlithe, cause an arcanine has high base stats

SlowPokemon

I was considering Growlithe, but I see more potential in Magmar. So I may go that route. Or I may decide that Togepi and Bayleef are enough to go on by themselves.

And Slowpoke's not definite. I could train a Poliwag, or Wooper, or Chinchou.

Then there's the matter of other things... I could train a Jynx! :D

I'm not going so much for "good choices" here as I am personal favorites. So if my team sucks, it won't really matter.

DrP

DrP

Some More B/W News:

Junichi Masuda, in a blog post, stated that Pokémon from Gen V will be the ONLY Pokémon available to Pokémon trainers until the national dex is acquired! This will enable the new AND seasoned player a new, fresh start with the newest Pokémon instead of relying on originals

Cobraroll

Sounds nice.

Oh, and critical hits are 2x as well. Check the links I provided.

Choice Band/Scarf is a 1.5x multiplier, though.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

I have no idea how I got the 1.5x multiplier in the first place... maybe that's how it used to be way back when. hmm.

SlowPokemon

Nope. 1.5x damage if its a STAB move. :)

And they better make like 150 - 200 Pokemon if that's the only gen we can catch. :)

Roz~

Hmm, I think it's gonna be interesting. And yeah, they won't have a choice but to create a whole bunch of new Pokemon. That's cool, there'll be more than just evolutions. :D
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Yep! With Johto, we got one hundred brand-new Pokemon, a relatively small number... from there, we got a whopping 134 from Hoenn (though not all were as good of quality)... and then we were all disappointed with the meager 109 Sinnoh monsters, which in some cases were even lower quality than Hoenn, and at least twenty to thirty of them were new evolutions, pre-evolutions, or legendaries.

But from what we've seen of Isshu, perhaps Game Freak will once again win us over and have us clamoring for the next batch. Come on, Sugimori! Don't mess this up!

DrP

well, i remember way back when when I got 150 brand-spanking-new Pokémon... haha

the number of new Pokémon will probably be around 140 or so