News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 12, 2010, 09:50:55 AMSorry for not responding. I got it from a friend for $10. At the Gamestop where I live they're $30 used though.

Anyways... what pokemon would you say are the best to get and lvl up when starting out. I'm not familiar with all these pokemons.

also, who'd you start out with?

SuperFireKirby

I went with Treecko. So far I've caught a few pokemon but right now the only one I'm actually working on as a perminent member of my team is Abra.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Alakazam will make a perfect team member... you should teach it Shadow Ball since there is a Psychic gym in the game.

You should get a Water Pokémon early on for surfing, because it is an integral part of the game this time around and you'll need some high level Pokémon at the same time (without being able to switch at a given moment)

SuperFireKirby

I know how to play pokemon very well, especially when its comes to making balanced teams. Its just I've been hit with two generations of pokemon and moves that I've never heard of before.

I have an unbeatable team on my blue version consisting of Blastoise, Alakazam, Jolteon, and Nidoking.

Blastoise beats fire, rock, dragon, and even grass.(I've taught it ice moves)

Alakazam beats fighting, ghost, poison, grass, and rock.

Jolteon beats water, ice, and bird.

Nidoking is just an all around powerhouse.

I'm thinking for this game I'll go with grass, psychic, electric, water, and maybe dragon. Good idea?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

you still got one more slot open. you may need some ground moves to beat wattson, some fighting moves for norman, some ghost/dark/bug moves for tate and liza, sceptile should be great against juan. but the only problem you might run into is Glacia and Drake in the elite four they are Ice and Dragon respectively. You should get a Snorunt or Spheal (spheal is dual water/ice) like Seel/Dewgong... if you can venture into Shoal Cave, because it can REALLY help you against Drake, but you may need some firepower for Glacia. For Dragon, you can't even reach Bagon until after you beat Juan and ready for the elite four (meaning a crapload of more training on your part if you want a good Salamence) but if you can catch Swablu west of Fallarbor Town, Altaria can really pack a punch! (except itll be weak to Glacia).

Oni-Link

I think Ice is pretty good, since a lot of people use dragons.

Ice type affects:
Grass, Ground, Flying, and Dragon.

You can OHKO a Salamance with like, Ice Beam.

I think it's a good choice.

OR IF YOU DON'T WANT TO FOCUS ON JUST TYPES YOU COULD TRY TO FOCUS ON STATS.

Or are stats to complicated, that you can't have a well balanced team of one that's defense, one that's a attack, and one that's (Sp)Atk/(Sp)Def+Speed?

My team is like that, I don't focus on "Types". To me, that's not what makes a team balanced.

SuperFireKirby

Well for Glacia and Drake, Electric should take care of Glacia's ice pokemon and a water pokemon with some ice moves will take care of Drake's dragons. Wattson may be a problem, but the treeko>sceptile can learn graound moves so I'm alright there. And Juan will be taken care of with an electric pokemon as well as sceptile.

So far I'd say the team I'm aiming for is good. But I'm thinking in a gen 1 sense anything change that would make what I've just layed not possible? Ex. OMG SFK! ICE ISN'T WEAK AGAINST ELECTRIC ANYMORE! U SO DUMB!!!

And I also focus on stats making sure I don't and up with a situation where pokemon are heavy on attck power and super weak on defense. I try to keep that balanced as well while making sure I have types that can own almost any kind of pokemon.

SlowPokemon

Erm, Ice was never weak to electric... It was just that all Ice-types (except Jynx) were paired with a type that's weak to Electric...

o_o
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 12, 2010, 03:46:49 PMWell for Glacia and Drake, Electric should take care of Glacia's ice pokemon and a water pokemon with some ice moves will take care of Drake's dragons. Wattson may be a problem, but the treeko>sceptile can learn graound moves so I'm alright there. And Juan will be taken care of with an electric pokemon as well as sceptile.

So far I'd say the team I'm aiming for is good. But I'm thinking in a gen 1 sense anything change that would make what I've just layed not possible? Ex. OMG SFK! ICE ISN'T WEAK AGAINST ELECTRIC ANYMORE! U SO DUMB!!!

And I also focus on stats making sure I don't and up with a situation where pokemon are heavy on attck power and super weak on defense. I try to keep that balanced as well while making sure I have types that can own almost any kind of pokemon.

U NOT SO DUMB!!11! ahaha. Electric should do wonders against Glacia's Walrein. Maybe you can teach your water pokemon (whatever it may be) to know Ice Beam. Definitely EV train your Pokémon. I'm doing that for my restart on Soul Silver! You can now look up your Pokémon's nature on Serebii or Bulbapedia and see what stat wont grow as much as the others (unless its one of the five that doesnt change)

Do you have a rough team that youre planning on following through with to Wallace?

Oni-Link

I somehow beat a Hitmonlee with my Tyarnitar with Stone Edge (Not very effective) before it had time to use a fighting type move on TTar.

SlowPokemon

I should really play my HeartGold more. I'm about to face Morty... but I need to train. lol.

1300th post, btw. Hooray.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Congrats... I just love it when im busy! Transferring 72 Pokémon from SS!

Oni-Link

I can't wait for the Celebi event, that hasn't been announced yet.
Too bad Japan gets it first ='(

DrP

So you can battle Giovanni?

Oni-Link

Yeah, but mostly for the Celebi.