News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Nebbles

I hate the Battle Maison because there's no creativity or challenge behind it. I rather have the Battle Frontier back where I can actually enjoy an engaging post game.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Altissimo

Quote from: Nebbles on June 01, 2016, 04:25:18 PMI hate the Battle Maison because there's no creativity or challenge behind it.

that is Untrue

Nebbles

Even so, I just couldn't bring myself to care for it.

cashwarrior1

The only reason I want Battle Frontier back is because I sucked at battling when I played Emerald and didn't play it. Now I want to get into competitive battling, and I think that Battle Frontier would be a fun way to get into it.

SlowPokemon

Okay honestly if you play the newer games without Exp. Share they're very difficult.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

I play them without exp. share to relive how I used to play pokemon. The only real problem when you do that is the difficulty spikes at random points (looking at you, pokemon X/Y).

SlowPokemon

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 01, 2016, 04:50:50 PMI play them without exp. share to relive how I used to play pokemon. The only real problem when you do that is the difficulty spikes at random points (looking at you, pokemon X/Y).

Exactly, but the people who complain about XY being too easy clearly play with the Exp. Share on at some point because if you don't you hit major, borderline unfair difficulty spikes (which is how I prefer my Pokémon games, so I have to actually strategize).

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 01, 2016, 04:53:50 PMExactly, but the people who complain about XY being too easy clearly play with the Exp. Share on at some point because if you don't you hit major, borderline unfair difficulty spikes (which is how I prefer my Pokémon games, so I have to actually strategize).

No, they're complaining that the game gives you the option to make it easier. ://////

mikey

no, really, easy is fine
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Easy is fine, but too easy is not fine. It's especially not fine when they tell you you're the greatest when they were just holding your hand the entire time.

Altissimo

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 01, 2016, 05:09:20 PMEasy is fine, but too easy is not fine.

But you have the option to make it harder. You're not forced to play it on "easy mode". There are plenty of ways to make it harder, and the easiest one is turning the Experience Share off.

Plus, are you seriously complaining that a game for kids, in a series for kids, which has always been marketed and targeted to kids, and has always been a million times more forgiving than other JRPGs - especially other JRPGs from the era - is too easy for teens/adults?

Not to mention! The EXP All did the same thing as the current experience share and it was in gen 1 and couldnt be turned off!

Nebbles

Well, you had to earn that at least.

SlowPokemon

Well the Exp. All actually split up the Exp. yield among your party. In the Gen VI games, every Pokémon in your party gets half of what the Exp. yield would be for a solo Pokémon.

Altissimo

ok i forgot that that was true, fair point

you can still turn the exp share off though

it is not hard to do

Nebbles

I just wish we had a challenge mode option again, like what gen 5 did, because I enjoyed having the option to up the difficulty.