News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

"even more so than sun and moon" as if any of your reasons for being dismissive of sun and moon are legitimate
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

it's 2016 you don't need a reason to dismiss pokemon
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 31, 2016, 03:20:42 PMit's 2016 you don't need a reason to dismiss pokemon

you know this is fair point, pokemon either sucks or it doesnt

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 31, 2016, 02:56:22 PM"even more so than sun and moon" as if any of your reasons for being dismissive of sun and moon are legitimate

Honest opinions, no matter how brutal they may come across are definitely legitimate. I'll hold onto my caution until I play the games for myself or if tomorrow's trailer gets me excited (Though I have a very likely feeling it'll just be legendary names and moves with not much else). If I honestly feel that the $40 won't be worth it on the day of release, i'll just spend it towards another title like Ys VIII instead. My comment regarding GO though was in regards to the general negative reception from the earlier tests, where even the folks who defend pokemon to the death felt it was little to do with the initial trailer or Pokemon in general. It seems to be getting better, but I think people have every right to be cautious. This IS the 20th anniversary year after all, and they can't screw things up or else the brand will be damaged very badly.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Altissimo

i dont think nintendo/game freak is capable of alienating all their pokemon fans no matter how badly they fuck up

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Altissimo on June 01, 2016, 10:33:19 AMi dont think nintendo/game freak is capable of alienating all their pokemon fans no matter how badly they fuck up

Of course. The sheep follow the herd as they say. It just depends on what kind of sheep there are. For example in Gen V when angry genwunnners got mad about the game being too different (despite the whole point of it being a reboot), folks like me stayed to see how it could potentially change the formula, and folks were either really pleased or disappointed with a legitimate complaint in the end, but the loud folks who refused to let go of their charizards somehow convinced Gamefreak to ignore the ones who wanted to see the series grow, and instead listen to the group of folks by stuffing X/Y with Gen 1 throwbacks that made no sense plotwise.

Then you have the (admittedly reasonable) group of people demanding a Hoenn remake for years after HGSS, and when we finally got one announced everyone was excited, only for those like myself who were the most hopeful to be crushed at how they made it, only for us to be swept under the rug as fans due to those who just blindly accepted them and were like "ok i guess i can handle this".

It's really infuriating when for the past year and a half the only websites that show up when I goggle my usual complaints with the games are GameFAQS forums and 4Chan, two of the most toxic communities out there. I don't want to be associated with those places, but this depression I've gained from feeling like the only one wanting to be cautious at the series after a heartbreak makes me honestly feel that I may have gotten too old for the main series now. Seriously, I felt overjoyed when earlier I expressed my honest opinions on reddit and others actually agreed with me, folks from a non-toxic community for once.

I'll still play the TCG no matter what, as one day I hope to go to worlds and tell Masuda in person my honest disappointment, and to fulfill the main goal of Pokemon, "to be the very best."

That being said, I also don't want Pokemon to fall and die to something like Yokai Watch. If that ever happened (or if they made a crossover) I may just die inside.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nitro Indigo

Speaking of Yokai Watch, I saw someone on Bulbagarden Forums say that Pokémon would die because of it. I swear, half of the people on that site hate Pokémon...

As for my problems with the franchise, I don't like how recent Pokémon anythings try to cram as many legendaries into the plot as possible.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Maelstrom

Nitro Indigo

The article should've mentioned that shiny Charizard is grey. Still cool, though.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

Except shiny Charizard is black.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

Close enough?

I made that post before I read the part that mentioned the yellow-to-orange thing.

BlackDragonSlayer

Charizard? Not, like, any other Bug Pokemon?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

mikey

looks kind of purplish to me
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 01, 2016, 10:58:46 AM
Stuff TheDreamingHawk said
Of course. The sheep follow the herd as they say. It just depends on what kind of sheep there are. For example in Gen V when angry genwunnners got mad about the game being too different (despite the whole point of it being a reboot), folks like me stayed to see how it could potentially change the formula, and folks were either really pleased or disappointed with a legitimate complaint in the end, but the loud folks who refused to let go of their charizards somehow convinced Gamefreak to ignore the ones who wanted to see the series grow, and instead listen to the group of folks by stuffing X/Y with Gen 1 throwbacks that made no sense plotwise.

Then you have the (admittedly reasonable) group of people demanding a Hoenn remake for years after HGSS, and when we finally got one announced everyone was excited, only for those like myself who were the most hopeful to be crushed at how they made it, only for us to be swept under the rug as fans due to those who just blindly accepted them and were like "ok i guess i can handle this".

It's really infuriating when for the past year and a half the only websites that show up when I goggle my usual complaints with the games are GameFAQS forums and 4Chan, two of the most toxic communities out there. I don't want to be associated with those places, but this depression I've gained from feeling like the only one wanting to be cautious at the series after a heartbreak makes me honestly feel that I may have gotten too old for the main series now. Seriously, I felt overjoyed when earlier I expressed my honest opinions on reddit and others actually agreed with me, folks from a non-toxic community for once.

I'll still play the TCG no matter what, as one day I hope to go to worlds and tell Masuda in person my honest disappointment, and to fulfill the main goal of Pokemon, "to be the very best."

That being said, I also don't want Pokemon to fall and die to something like Yokai Watch. If that ever happened (or if they made a crossover) I may just die inside.
[close]

I agree with most of this and am especially disappointed at how easy pokemon is getting. I still enjoy pokemon, but it's getting really lack luster as of late and they really need to spend like 2 years studying what made each game great and learn from what makes it bad. Each game has its high points, but they also have lots of low points. Game developers are too afraid to make challenging games because kids will stop playing. Kids are going to stop playing challenging games if they keep playing easier and easier games. I want the next pokemon games to stump me and make me train, like in Gen 3 (my first game). I'm not much of a fan of reading story, but I'm going to actually read it in Sun/Moon and I hope to get something good and interesting, so I don't just spam-click "A".