News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheDreamingHawk

Oh joy, more of the same artstyle, visuals and battle system. Barely feels like a new generation. I have a bad feeling the dark age will continue with the casual-focused main story/post game that we've had since Gen VI. God damn you game freak, the first trailer gave me a glimmer of hope showing the series throughout the years. I could mention the glaring issues right away, from the ugly starters, hideous Sun legendary to the reuse of the same artstyle, but I think the puny region takes the cake for me.

Seems like I'll be defending my first amendment rights of daring to say something different than "bestest game evar 100/10" for the next few months...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

WaluigiTime64

Rowlet better be a sweeper otherwise it's screwed. Either way I'm picking Popplio.

Right, actual gameplay.
From what this shows, it's BEAUTIFUL. I also like how the overworld sprites aren't chibi, which just makes it feel better in the realistic landscape. The protagonists seem rather bland for the most part, but at least the legendaries are decent-looking. I think the starters are ok, but not that great. I just feel really sorry for Rowlet because of it's typing (and it gets insulted for its design). Sadly the water-type yet again ends up being my favourite, with there not being much to say about Litten.

Still can't wait for the game's release. I'm choosing Sun.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 10, 2016, 06:03:54 AMRowlet better be a sweeper otherwise it's screwed. Either way I'm picking Popplio.
Give it (rather, its final stage) at least 120 base speed, Harvest as a hidden ability (a bit of a stretch, but renewable Yache Berry would be nice), and it could be decent. Likewise, though, I think Popplio is my favorite so far- there isn't really a starter design that I dislike, although Litten looks more like an early-route Pokemon- but I'll wait to see their evolutions before I make a final decision.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bespinben

I'll wait for the spin-off games to be impressed.

I'm hoping the starters' evolutions will resolve the ugly duckling phase.

Kudos to Pokemon Co. for not having any leaks whatsoever prior to this.

Needs moar dargons.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

E. Gadd Industries

YES!!! ROWLET IS GRASS/FLYING!! THIS IS GREAT!! :D
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

WaluigiTime64

I need elaboration on why Grass Flying is good. I'm pretty sure it's a terrible type.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

SlowPokemon

Oh competitively it's terrible. But it's definitely unique as a starter type at least.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nitro Indigo

Cue endless "Fire starters are based on Chinese zodiac!" statements again...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Altissimo

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 10, 2016, 05:43:30 AMSeems like I'll be defending my first amendment rights of daring to say something different than "bestest game evar 100/10" for the next few months...

Yeah probably :x Because:

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 10, 2016, 05:43:30 AMI could mention the glaring issues right away, from the ugly starters, hideous Sun legendary to the reuse of the same artstyle

Dude

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 10, 2016, 05:43:30 AMOh joy, more of the same artstyle, visuals and battle system. Barely feels like a new generation. I have a bad feeling the dark age will continue with the casual-focused main story/post game that we've had since Gen VI. God damn you game freak, the first trailer gave me a glimmer of hope showing the series throughout the years. I could mention the glaring issues right away, from the ugly starters, hideous Sun legendary to the reuse of the same artstyle, but I think the puny region takes the cake for me.

Seems like I'll be defending my first amendment rights of daring to say something different than "bestest game evar 100/10" for the next few months...
https://youtu.be/yJxCdh1Ps48

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bespinben on May 10, 2016, 07:08:44 AMNeeds moar dargons.
Popplio totally turns into a dragon.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on May 10, 2016, 05:43:30 AMOh joy, more of the same artstyle, visuals and battle system. Barely feels like a new generation. I have a bad feeling the dark age will continue with the casual-focused main story/post game that we've had since Gen VI. God damn you game freak, the first trailer gave me a glimmer of hope showing the series throughout the years. I could mention the glaring issues right away, from the ugly starters, hideous Sun legendary to the reuse of the same artstyle, but I think the puny region takes the cake for me.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nitro Indigo

I personally think it's too early to judge Sun and Moon.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dude

is that an original thought or did you read a guide on when to judge video games