News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DonValentino

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 20, 2015, 03:21:05 PMoh dang that crobat

Yup. I love it already xD
Totally gonna transfer it to X/Y or ORAS.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 21, 2015, 02:08:10 AMit's not that good on any of the mons you can run that on :/

I really like using it on Malamar! Because it gets Psycho Cut and Night Slash which become pretty powerful after a couple Attack boosts, and its Attack and Defense are pretty good in the first place.

Also unrelated, I love the Topsy-Turvy move those two get. It's so tricky.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Hero of Trains

I like Inkay way too much because of chain fishing.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 21, 2015, 06:52:17 AMI really like using it on Malamar! Because it gets Psycho Cut and Night Slash which become pretty powerful after a couple Attack boosts, and its Attack and Defense are pretty good in the first place.
It's fun in the main story, but it only has 5-8 PP which kinda gets annoying when they run out!

But Nebbles seemed to overestimate how great it actually is in like battles against human players

blueflower999

It's obviously the best when you get a n00b in NU that you can sweep with Contrary Spinda
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 17, 2015, 04:35:15 PMThe first PMD games did get a one-episode anime special before their release. I want to say that the others did as well, but I don't know for sure.

But yes, PMD for sure needs some other adaption. The whole "suddenly I'm a Pokemon" idea is just fascinating.

The first three did get anime specials, though they were lackluster compared to Pokemon Chronicles and (More recently) Origins because in the case of the first and second ones they didn't cover much of a story, but in the third special it did cover the penultimate boss battle extremely well, though I still am incredibly upset that they skipped through 75% of the main story, just throwing the viewers into the action without any summary. If Ys could shorten it's entire second game into a full length made for TV movie then you'd think PMD should be able to do it easily.

GTI kinda had an anime special, but it was more or less an animated highlight reel and it was super short, making it incredibly disappointing. It also had no manga to go along with it like the first two games did.

Speaking of which am I the only one excited for SPMD? It seems on other sites people are incredibly upset it isn't X2/Y2 because of the bitterness towards GTI (Which I still blame on nostalgia for EOT/EOD ).

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 21, 2015, 07:25:35 AMIt's fun in the main story, but it only has 5-8 PP which kinda gets annoying when they run out!

But Nebbles seemed to overestimate how great it actually is in like battles against human players

I love using it against others too! Idk I really like it :> I'm glad I decided to train Inkay

And yeah, Hawk, I loved GTI too. It took me a while to get there with it but it is a really great game and my personal favorite Mystery Dungeon now.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Hero of Trains

If there was an actual PMD anime that was all of the scenes from the game stitched together, I would love it to death. The most amazing (and completely impractical) thing they could do would be to make it so that you could choose which Pokemon were the hero and partner. I always get startled when it's not my team, and if they did make it my team I would just cry.

I am so incredibly hyped for SPMD. I already told all of my friends, even if they don't play Pokemon. When I first read about it, I squealed in the middle of English. I am very excited for this game.
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Latios212

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 21, 2015, 08:47:02 AMI am so incredibly hyped for SPMD. I already told all of my friends, even if they don't play Pokemon. When I first read about it, I squealed in the middle of English. I am very excited for this game.
It's been like three hours and I'm still freaking out inside
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nebbles

Oh I REALLY hope it's good since I didn't like Gates to Infinity all too much...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

DonValentino

Quote from: Nebbles on May 21, 2015, 12:03:37 PMOh I REALLY hope it's good since I didn't like Gates to Infinity all too much...

Hmm, I was about to post the same thing

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 21, 2015, 08:47:02 AMIf there was an actual PMD anime that was all of the scenes from the game stitched together, I would love it to death. The most amazing (and completely impractical) thing they could do would be to make it so that you could choose which Pokemon were the hero and partner. I always get startled when it's not my team, and if they did make it my team I would just cry.

I agree. Someone should make an OVA of one of the PMD games that covers the whole story, like Pokemon Origins. I think they can get around the issue of the player and partner by giving them both unique names, so that attachment would go to the character instead of the species. I wish I could animate...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Hero of Trains

Yeah, that could work. They'd better give them good names though. Actually, you know what would crack me up? If they chose names of other Nintendo characters. Imagine seeing Zelda and Link, or Mario and Luigi.
I think everyone wishes that they could animate.

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]