News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Nebbles

Gen 6 did have a good pokedex, I'll give it that.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

Never played x or y, don't plan to.  As far as I'm concerned I'm done with Pokemon.  I only got alpha sapphire because it was a remake of the greatest generation.  Pokemon isn't even that great of a game in general

Mystery dungeon isn't that good either
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 14, 2015, 05:25:33 PMMystery dungeon isn't that good either
you take that back you dirty whore
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Hero of Trains

I have to say, the mystery dungeon mechanics were pretty generic. But it was never about that! It was about the story! The characters! The adventure!
I also love all of the Pokemon games. But that's all just my personal opinion, and you can have yours as well. Even if I don't agree with it. Seriously, why.  >:(
K-Night, you might be overreacting a little bit.  ;)
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

braix

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 14, 2015, 05:51:55 PMK-Night, you might be under reacting a little bit.  ;)
ftfy

Spoiler
NoS take that back, you motherfucking dick suckin fuck knuckled twat greasy haired cuntbag piece of shit go die in a hole
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nebbles

PMD had sort of flat mechanics, but the story and characters make it worthwhile every time.

Hero of Trains

Yeah, I always get super over attached to my partner. My biggest problem with PMD Let's Plays (like yours) is that it isn't my team.  :P
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Latios212

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 14, 2015, 05:25:33 PMMystery dungeon isn't that good either
Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 14, 2015, 05:51:55 PMI have to say, the mystery dungeon mechanics were pretty generic.
Quote from: Nebbles on May 14, 2015, 06:39:20 PMPMD had sort of flat mechanics
Really...? I actually enjoy leisurely doing missions in PMD quite a bit more than the main series games... I enjoy dungeon crawling way more than just straight up battling... In my eyes there's more things to do than just select one or four moves and the randomness keeps me on my toes.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

PMD is pretty flat gameplay, but it's the sort of monotony that's almost comforting if that makes sense. There's not as much strategy as there is in Pokémon battles, but it's kind of pleasant to just spend a few hours dungeon crawling.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Hero of Trains

Not like that! I mean generic for the genre of dungeon crawlers. It didn't bring anything very revolutionary to the table, while Pokemon is, well, Pokemon. The game mechanic is very fun, and I really like it.  :)

Nebbles

I usually name my PMD partners after my friends. Makes the ending more emotional.

blueflower999

In all the Mystery Dungeon games I've played I picked my partner to be weak against the type of the Pokemon I was given. I anticipated a plot twist where I'd have to fight my partner and I wanted the advantage, but it never happened and I ended up accidentally killing him a ton of times with misplaced attacks.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Nebbles on May 14, 2015, 04:33:08 PMGen 6 did have a good pokedex, I'll give it that.
Really?
...okay, that was an extreme example. Gen 6 was actually pretty solid

Dungeon crawlers tend to be more of a niche genre. Either you like it or you don't. As a kid, I wasn't phased by the first PMD game, so I guess that means I thought it was good.
Man, I need to play that game again...

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 14, 2015, 08:09:57 PMORAS > XY
YUS I never want to experience anything like Lumiose City ever again...

Nebbles

Despite how much I like gen 4, its Pokedex was definitely not the best. Too many evolutions of older Pokemon... there's a few I liked, but that was it. The extra baby Pokemon were unneeded.