News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

Eh maybe I'm using weak Pokémon or something but my entire team of six has been wiped out at least five or six times so far and that never happens to me in the older games when I play with the no grinding rule, except at the very beginning of the game.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Double post, but about the levels thing, it is scaled too low up until about that Geosenge Town part. And even after grinding up to Trainer level at that point, I just finished the Power Plant area, which capped at Lv. 38, while my Pokémon are Lv. 33-34. That's with battling every Trainer on every route, too. So idk

Hero of Trains

Am I the only person who never uses the exp share? I'm fine with levels in every game. Maybe I'm just used to grinding?
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

DonValentino

I wanna replay Pokemon. Please convince me which one I should! I have all of 'em except Red and Gold (had Gold but lost it, and now I have two Silvers, heh). Only ones I wouldn't replay are ORAS , because of recency, and RSE, because of ORAS. :J

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: Hero of Trains on May 14, 2015, 12:17:39 PMAm I the only person who never uses the exp share? I'm fine with levels in every game. Maybe I'm just used to grinding?
actually pretty much everyone here thinks the exp share is for scrubs.  I use it though because why not

Zorro is right
unmotivated

Nebbles

My next Pokemon game I plan to replay will probably be Platinum.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 13, 2015, 08:45:50 PMBLUE YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG AND IM A DUMB PERSON
slow haven't you learned yet that when one of us has an opinion about how great a game is the other one always seems to come around to that viewpoint sooner or later
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 14, 2015, 04:35:24 AMXY & ORAS have more polish and care and thought put into them than the rest of the series combined. That much is clear to me atm. Black and White would probably be my next favorite games after those.
Weird, I think the opposite.
rant
I feel like Red & Blue and Ruby, Sapphrie & Emerald, and to some extent Diamond & Pearl are the only games in the entire Pokémon series that have an impressive level of care put into them. For the newer games after BW2, it seems to me like they weren't thinking abobut the players even a little bit, and have completely excluded all the elements to capture the player that they've used earlier in the series.
For me, the one big difference between RSE and ORAS is how RSE throughout the entire game pushes and motivates the player to go on playing, and even play the game several times, while ORAS is a (slow,) boring, easy and monotone way to pass time when you don't have anything else to do. The only good qualities ORAS has (imo) are the ones it has from copying RSE (that weren't destroyed in the adaption process).
^This is all just my opinion though. Maybe I've just aged, but I think the newer games lack soul.

THEY ARE GOOD GAMES THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY REALLY ARE!!!!! I'm just comparing them to my elitist taste in GBA games...
[close]
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

I kinda agree with Jompa.... gen 6 felt so rushed and not polished to me, they really could've been way better in terms of many things and kind of weren't.

mikey

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on May 14, 2015, 11:26:46 AMI actually found it to still be too easy without exp share :x all of the levels are just scaled too low.  The only thing that saves it is that the AI for the stronger trainers/leaders is much better than previous games.
yeah screw the new battle ai it's too good
unmotivated

Hero of Trains

Platinum is my favorite (also my first main series game).
I have a thing against 3D graphics in the new Pokemon games, but I still really like the games themselves (well, it's a Pokemon game, so there's not really another option).
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

SlowPokemon

Weirdly, I don't think I could disagree more with Jompa's rant. The games certainly don't feel "rushed" to me. As far as Omega Ruby, I have 145-ish hours on my file, and that's the longest I've spent on a single game since Black (170-ish). So I don't think it's monotonous or boring at all. The best features imo were the way they made the original Ruby & Sapphire feel modern, and made the experience overall more enjoyable. Not to mention the new story--Team Magma was so amusing throughout the entire campaign that I was tempted to get Alpha Sapphire too just to experience the Team Aqua story.

I went back and played the first three hours or so of Pokémon Platinum a few weeks ago and it was so dated and so unnecessarily bogged down with things that I had to play one of the newer ones. So I went to Black 2, and I got through six gyms or so before I called it quits, and that was because I realized it was basically like the sixth gen games, except without the modern aspect of the gameplay and graphics. I'm not sure what it is I missed my first time through X (or my two failed attempts to replay it) but suddenly it's there for me. I hope the rest of you can have the same experience too eventually haha

Nebbles

I doubt I really will ever like gen 6 in the same way you do, so don't get your hopes up for me.

Bespinben

I seem to have knack for liking unliked games (ex: Gates to Infinity), so once I get my hands on a copy of Y version I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up feeling the same way as Slow. Also, just in general observation, I haven't really ever seen Gen VI get the "these Pokémon designs suck" rant that Black/White got, and for understandably good reasons (man is Noivern epic).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday