News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Yugi

fingerz

Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 23, 2015, 11:58:50 PMCan't you say the same about the bible, if you want to go that way
Logic approved. ^^
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Zunawe

Quote from: Waddle Bro on April 23, 2015, 11:58:50 PMSwears represent pure emotion and I think that's beauty.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 24, 2015, 01:26:20 AMshitpokemon*
I appreciate that this was how that played out.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SlowPokemon

I'm almost halfway through a new playthrough of Pokémon X and I think it's finally starting to sink in: this game is incredible, people. I was one of those who didn't like it the first time I played it (or the second or third) but I'm realizing it's actually a stroke of genius. I'm so glad I finally was able to come around.

BLUE YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG AND IM A DUMB PERSON

Honestly how anyone can call any Pokémon game besides the Gen VI titles the best is so beyond me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Uh, I don't think they're the best, but that's my personal opinion.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

clearly gen III is the best and that's not my personal opinion
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on May 13, 2015, 08:49:18 PMUh, I don't think they're the best, but that's my personal opinion.

fair

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 13, 2015, 08:45:50 PMI'm almost halfway through a new playthrough of Pokémon X and I think it's finally starting to sink in: this game is incredible, people. I was one of those who didn't like it the first time I played it (or the second or third) but I'm realizing it's actually a stroke of genius. I'm so glad I finally was able to come around.

BLUE YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG AND IM A DUMB PERSON

Honestly how anyone can call any Pokémon game besides the Gen VI titles the best is so beyond me.
what makes you say that? I enjoyed the games, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling them the best in the series.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Jompa

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 13, 2015, 09:06:32 PMclearly gen III is the best and that's not my personal opinion
fair
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: K-NiGhT on May 14, 2015, 12:06:49 AMwhat makes you say that? I enjoyed the games, but I'm not sure I'd go as far as calling them the best in the series.

XY & ORAS have more polish and care and thought put into them than the rest of the series combined. That much is clear to me atm. Black and White would probably be my next favorite games after those.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 14, 2015, 04:35:24 AMXY & ORAS have more polish and care and thought put into them than the rest of the series combined. That much is clear to me atm. Black and White would probably be my next favorite games after those.
I see what you're saying, I think. But imo the best games in the series for me were Heartgold and Soulsilver. They still stick out as the best remakes for me. The graphics are incredible for the DS, and it housed so much content just like its originals. Plus when you add all the stuff it added post-Red, you have an insane amount of postgame content that a lot of games before and after them just didn't have imo. I'm playing them again right now and have sunk almost 20 hours into the game, and I only now beat the 8th gym, whereas I could beat most other games in half that time.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

That's fair. I'm about 20 hours into X though and I just beat gym 4. There's more content here than people realize I think. Also I'm going to go ahead and claim that the Trainer customization features in XY are the single greatest features in any Pokémon game.

Latios212

X and Y were great, but I agree with K-NiGhT, HGSS was the best with a ton of content and my favorite graphics.

Also I think the GB sounds is the single greatest feature in any Pokémon game. My whole childhood, in one tiny key item...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

This is kind of unrelated, but it turns out if you play X without the Exp. Share, it's actually one of the more difficult titles xD everything is fine up until about Geosenge Town and then it gets really difficult. I had made a vow not to grind at all but I had to break it just so I could beat Korrina in the Geosenge Town fight.

KefkaticFanatic

I actually found it to still be too easy without exp share :x all of the levels are just scaled too low.  The only thing that saves it is that the AI for the stronger trainers/leaders is much better than previous games.

me irl
[close]