General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Kman96

Quote from: hjm978 on March 08, 2014, 07:47:15 AMWe could have a game for like Wii U or something that combines every region... That'd be cool...
Unfortunately, Game Freak have officially stated that there will never be a game including all of the regions because it would be "an unplayable mess."

Don't argue with that, people. I don't care how many theories you have of how it could work- the pokégods have spoken.
Party Hard!
[close]

mikey

What would make it unplayable?
Go to one region, then the next, then the other, then another.  Done.
unmotivated

blueflower999

Because Wii U discs don't have infinite storage capabilities. 721 Pokemon is already pushing it, but six regions, each packed with thousands of trainers, cities, items, and routes?

Personally, I'll take quality over quantity.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Nebbles

A multi region game would never work. Do you remember how half-assed Kanto was in Johto? And Johto wasn't as flourished as it could have been because Kanto was there?

Stuffing 6 regions into a game just sounds bad.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

It just doesn't make any sense--Kanto in the Johto games worked because they're connected and the post game is basically the second half of the story.

But a game with every region? Not only is that just a stupid idea, that game would lack an identity. You always associate Pokemon games with their regions.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Oh I know, but both regions felt underwhelming, but that's just my opinion.

And how would it work? You'd finish one region, deposit all your old Pokemon, get new ones? That takes away any personal bonds with your Pokemon as well.

mikey

Quote from: Nebbles on March 08, 2014, 10:41:28 AMA multi region game would never work. Do you remember how half-assed Kanto was in Johto? And Johto wasn't as flourished as it could have been because Kanto was there?

Stuffing 6 regions into a game just sounds bad.
I never even made it into the dragon gym in those games.
unmotivated

Nebbles

...you never made it to Claire's gym? Really?

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 08, 2014, 01:05:42 PMI never even made it into the dragon gym in those games.

it's official gen III is nocturne's favorite becAUSE IT'S THE ONLY ONE HE ACTUALLY FINISHED
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 08, 2014, 01:15:10 PMit's official gen III is nocturne's favorite becAUSE IT'S THE ONLY ONE HE ACTUALLY FINISHED
You got me  ::)
nah I've finished Diamond, Platinum, Emerald, Sapphire, and Yellow (because glitches)
unmotivated

Nebbles

the only reason you finished yellow was because of glitches

what

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 08, 2014, 08:31:19 AMI swear to god every time I hear someone say that I lose a few brain cells.
I think there should be a game where all 6 regions are explored.

mikey

Quote from: Nebbles on March 08, 2014, 02:38:11 PMthe only reason you finished yellow was because of glitches

what
Yo lance was hard...
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 08, 2014, 08:31:19 AMI swear to god every time I hear someone say that I lose a few brain cells.
THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING

I think what people are talking about is a "MMO-type" Pokémon, which would certainly be doable (as MMOs obviously exist); but then again, it's a question of whether or not they'd be willing to do so, the answer to which is likely no (especially since MMOs are always tricky business, although I assume that, due to all the requests for such a game, it would be wildly successful).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 08, 2014, 02:50:45 PMYo lance was hard...

if twitch plays pokemon can beat the elite four the normal way, so can you

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 08, 2014, 03:06:20 PMI think what people are talking about is a "MMO-type" Pokémon, which would certainly be doable (as MMOs obviously exist); but then again, it's a question of whether or not they'd be willing to do so, the answer to which is likely no (especially since MMOs are always tricky business, although I assume that, due to all the requests for such a game, it would be wildly successful).

I would be so down for a pokemon MMO. The online interaction part, though, would be tricky (as it always is with Nintendo) seeing as they still want to maintain their child-friendly image, and interactions on an MMO are generally...not that