News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Shadoninja

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 11, 2013, 06:09:39 AMI do not recommend this that much because of it's weakness to Stealth Rocks. It's easy to kill it from 50% range.
That's why you use a rapid spinner.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 11, 2013, 11:58:49 AMThat's why you use a rapid spinner.
Yes, but still. Rapid Spinners can't always get rid of all the rocks set up on the field in one game and they give the opponent a good chance to predict a switch to the spinner and counter it.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Shadoninja on January 11, 2013, 11:58:49 AMThat's why you use a rapid spinner.
Hmmm... that gives me an idea...
Baton Pass-ing a White Herb Shell Smash + Ingrain (and maybe even a Calm Mind, if possible) into a Magic Bounce Espeon (that also has Baton Pass itself, to counter any super-effective types coming in).

The Espeon (Timid nature) might look something like this:
Reflect
Baton Pass
Psychic
Psyshock

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Light Clay
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 11, 2013, 12:30:33 PMHmmm... that gives me an idea...
Baton Pass-ing a White Herb Shell Smash + Ingrain (and maybe even a Calm Mind, if possible) into a Magic Bounce Espeon (that also has Baton Pass itself, to counter any super-effective types coming in).
What about Skill Link Cloyster?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 11, 2013, 12:35:42 PMWhat about Skill Link Cloyster?
Magic Bounce on Espeon reflects any of those hazards and stuff. I was just considering it for a team of my own (especially because I'm training an Magic Bounce Espeon in White 2), although Cloyster might be a good backup in some situations.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Yes but you get walled by a single Dark-Type.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 11, 2013, 01:04:20 PMYes but you get walled by a single Dark-Type.
That's what Baton Pass is for; I thought I pointed that out... :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Basically a Hydreigon would mess that up. :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 11, 2013, 01:47:22 PMBasically a Hydreigon would mess that up. :P
You could easily Baton Pass out to Cloyster or Lucario (with Aura Sphere/Close Combat and Choice Scarf, to outspeed and destroy it :P). If Hydreigon uses Dark Pulse to try and defeat Espeon, then Lucario might be a better choice.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

The point is that it will Dark Pulse before you even get to use Baton Pass. :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 11, 2013, 01:59:13 PMThe point is that it will Dark Pulse before you even get to use Baton Pass. :P
Calm Mind should be required, I guess, to avoid any Special Sweepers.

EDIT: DERP. Espeon with Shell Smash and Timid won't have any trouble out-speeding Hydreigon.
Espeon has base speed of 110; Hydreigon has 98.
If Lucario has Steadfast or Justified, it could easily take out Hydreigon with a Close Combat. If Hydreigon is "locked" with Choice Specs, the opponent will have to switch out (or not :P).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

forgot to post this:

Pokemon and it's stupid Roadblocking/Railroading

BlackDragonSlayer

What, where, and how did this happen?? O_o

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 11, 2013, 02:19:46 PMEDIT: DERP. Espeon with Shell Smash and Timid won't have any trouble out-speeding Hydreigon.
Espeon has base speed of 110; Hydreigon has 98.
If Lucario has Steadfast or Justified, it could easily take out Hydreigon with a Close Combat. If Hydreigon is "locked" with Choice Specs, the opponent will have to switch out (or not :P).
*blushes*
Sowwy, I somehow forgot Shell Smash's Speed boost. :-[

Shadoninja

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 12, 2013, 01:05:45 AMWhat, where, and how did this happen?? O_o
It's the route south of Undella. They're there before you beat the League.