News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Nebbles

the anime screws up game canon all the time, anyway. I mean, it's SUPPOSED to be in Hoenn. I refuse to believe it's in Kanto. What bull.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FSM-Reapr

I was just wondering, since I've never seen the word "anime" spelled with a é.

Jompa

Quote from: Nebbles on December 28, 2012, 04:00:20 PMthe anime screws up game canon all the time, anyway. I mean, it's SUPPOSED to be in Hoenn. I refuse to believe it's in Kanto. What bull.
But Nebbles, don't forget that this whole discussion is about the anime, not the canon games. :)
The proof you asked for is that I remember it from an episode; That guy in the blue shirt, Scott, introduced Ash to the Battle Frontier, and told him that it had recently opened up in Kanto, since Ash was heading home anyway. This was at the end of the 3. gen arc.

Anime isn't spelled with é.. Though I see where Cobra is coming from -->  Norwegian is a bit awkward. I can actually remember that I used to call it "aníme", because that is the logical way to pronounce it in Norwegian :3
So if a norwegian only would've heard the word, without ever reading it, he'd write "animé" :P
Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

but the anime canon is so stupid sometimes D: Hoenn is also my favorite region, and I love the battle frontier (hence my blog named after it) and why I refuse to believe what the anime says.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Jompa on December 28, 2012, 04:19:41 PMBut Nebbles, don't forget that this whole discussion is about the anime, not the canon games. :)
The proof you asked for is that I remember it from an episode; That guy in the blue shirt, Scott, introduced Ash to the Battle Frontier, and told him that it had recently opened up in Kanto, since Ash was heading home anyway. This was at the end of the 3. gen arc.
No; I was talking about the games.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Jompa

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 28, 2012, 04:32:33 PMNo; I was talking about the games.
Yeah yeah, but the whole discussion started when Cobra talked about the anime, so yeah...
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

I don't think N is a villain. I'd be interested in a lot more N, he's the series's best character in my opinion.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

On a different note:
Team currently:
Wave (Female Samurott), level 44
Roy (Male Lucario), level 39
Marat (Male Watchog), level 36
Reill (Mall Azumarill), level 23
Totesabird (Male Sigilyph), level 19
Lilly (Female Lillipup), level 13

Ready to... uh... fight Skyla (I hope).
I really need to train Reill and the below party members... however, I'm doing much better than in my previous games, where I'd just train one Pokemon (until I got an experience share/all).

EDIT: Battle summary!
Wave owned Swoobat, but had trouble with Swanna, switching out with 22/152 HP left. Roy had a close encounter of the Skarmory-kind, defeating the opponent with 3/114 health left (Force Palm + Quick Attack combo).
Wave, Roy, and Marat came out one level higher, and now we know not to try and use Counter on Skarmory! :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Jompa

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 28, 2012, 05:22:54 PMOn a different note:
Team currently:
Wave (Female Samurott), level 44
Roy (Male Lucario), level 39
Marat (Male Watchog), level 36
Reill (Mall Azumarill), level 23
Totesabird (Male Sigilyph), level 19
Lilly (Female Lillipup), level 13

Ready to... uh... fight Skyla (I hope).
I really need to train Reill and the below party members... however, I'm doing much better than in my previous games, where I'd just train one Pokemon (until I got an experience share/all).

EDIT: Battle summary!
Wave owned Swoobat, but had trouble with Swanna, switching out with 22/152 HP left. Roy had a close encounter of the Skarmory-kind, defeating the opponent with 3/114 health left (Force Palm + Quick Attack combo).
Wave, Roy, and Marat came out one level higher, and now we know not to try and use Counter on Skarmory! :P
Did you get the Sap Sipper Azumarill from the hidden grotto, or just a normal one? Cause Azumarill is pretty useless, unless it has Sap Sipper.
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Jompa on December 29, 2012, 05:25:19 AMCause Azumarill is pretty useless, unless it has Sap Sipper.
You couldn't be more wrong. HUGE POWER is the only effect it should ever have! Seriously, that is the only ability Azumarill should EVER have!

Jompa

Not worth it at all - it still has crappy stats
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

-.- Huge Power makes it's Attack from 50 base to 100 WHICH IS HUMONGOUS, it has 80 Defense and Special Defense which is good considering it has base 100 HP, 50 Special Attack but nobody uses Azumarill as a special attacker and it's low speed is fixed with a move like STAB Aqua Jet and its humongous Attack. I recommend moves like Waterfall, Superpower, Aqua Jet and Ice Punch.

Azumarill has proven that it deserves a spot in the UU tier.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on December 29, 2012, 05:57:48 AM-.- Huge Power makes it's Attack from 50 base to 100 WHICH IS HUMONGOUS, it has 80 Defense and Special Defense which is good considering it has base 100 HP, 50 Special Attack but nobody uses Azumarill as a special attacker and it's low speed is fixed with a move like STAB Aqua Jet and its humongous Attack. I recommend moves like Waterfall, Superpower, Aqua Jet and Ice Punch.

Azumarill has proven that it deserves a spot in the UU tier.
Yep; I was lucky enough to catch one with Huge Power on my first try.

EDIT: Travels in Unova with Otis S. Star (completely fictional character; my player character, since I don't like to call all my characters "Mike"):
Riding on Route 13, and I ride past Cobalion...
"Hello Cobalion," and I keep going.
Wait... Cobalion!?!? :P

EDIT: I went back and, two Revenges and a few Pokeballs later, caught it.  8) Welcome Athos.

EDIT: Welcome Aramis.
I like how characters reference your previous character through Memory Link:
"Perhaps you can show me that future, the way Vincent and Iris have?"

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber