News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

I do have to admit, when I was a Freshman and Sophomore in High School, I LOATHED Pokémon... I thought that Diamond and Pearl were just stupid and the Pokémon people just needed to jump up their asses and die, but I've since reformed! Now, I'm going in circles beating the Elite Four in HG and too lazy to unpack my Wii

Oni-Link

I wish I knew how to get diamond dust on Mt. Silver... I've seen it before, but all the dates I find don't work...

DrP

Quote from: Oni-Link on August 11, 2010, 03:09:07 PMI wish I knew how to get diamond dust on Mt. Silver... I've seen it before, but all the dates I find don't work...

Have you tried doing it from a Japanese version?

Oni-Link

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 11, 2010, 03:11:50 PMHave you tried doing it from a Japanese version?
No, but I want to know if there's a way to do it on the English version.

DrP

I have no clue about that one

SlowPokemon

In D/P/Pt, it's in Snowpoint City on January 12, creator's birthday or something. Have you tried January 12? :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Junichi Masuda or Satoshi Tijari?

SlowPokemon

Oni-Link

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 11, 2010, 06:52:35 PMMasuda, I think. :P
I thought about trying it, but I wasn't sure. I'll try it later tonight, I'm trying to beat my records in Battle Tower.

Maybe it works if I set it to 2009, 10-10...

DrP

when you reset the clock, you need to wait 48 hours for it to come into effect, so back it up 2 or 3 days to try it!

Oni-Link

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 11, 2010, 08:50:46 PMwhen you reset the clock, you need to wait 48 hours for it to come into effect, so back it up 2 or 3 days to try it!
How'd you figure that out?

DrP

It happens to be something normal. The game knows you changed the clock. When you switch the DS time, then the game will think "huh? Why is the DS clock earlier than the previous save data?" and will do into a secret mode that doesn't affect the UI that will reset daily events and other new things (like the daily swarm Pokémon) for another 48 hours

Oh, and I was once a part-time bug tester for DS games for Nintendo (I did Phantom Hourglass and Pokémon Diamond)

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: dahans on August 11, 2010, 08:48:01 AMHow much did it cost?
Sorry for not responding. I got it from a friend for $10. At the Gamestop where I live they're $30 used though.

Anyways... what pokemon would you say are the best to get and lvl up when starting out. I'm not familiar with all these pokemons.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 12, 2010, 09:50:55 AMSorry for not responding. I got it from a friend for $10. At the Gamestop where I live they're $30 used though.

Anyways... what pokemon would you say are the best to get and lvl up when starting out. I'm not familiar with all these pokemons.

It depends on the game. If youre talking about Emerald, your best bet is to get Ralts, found on the route before Petalburg city or Poochyena (its evolution, Mightyena has fairly moderate stats). Lotad can be cool when it evolves into Ludicolo down the road and Wurmples evolve fast into Beautifly and Dustox. But the really powerful ones here is Ralts. Its rare, but when you catch it, you can use it the rest of the game!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Route_102

If you wanna compare stats, just click on the Pokémon name and take a look at their base stats!

SlowPokemon

I myself do usually go for Ralts. Aron is the real powerhouse - available for capture on the second floor of the Granite Cave in Dewford Town. Whismur, a really weird-looking pink rabbit...thing is also good at its final stage. For Electric, go Electrike - look for them just north of Slateport City. Fire, go for Numel - the best Fire-type in the game besides Blaziken. Find them in the Fiery Pass above Mauville City. Water, Lotad is good as it's also a Grass-type... Sharpedo, Tentacruel, Crawdaunt, and Whiscash (and Swampert!) are good Waters. For Grass, my personal favorite is Cacnea - it evolves into a Dark- and Grass-type called Cacturne that has amazing Attack and Sp. Attack (find Cacnea in the desert).

Sorry if this is no help at all. :) Those are my opinions though.