News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Zeila

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 14, 2016, 07:53:05 AMGame Freak are being so sparse with Sun and Moon details that I'm already starting to wonder if this will be another Zelda U case. The said they'd reveal something on the 3rd... but all they did was show the reveal trailer on TV.
I read somewhere (I'm not sure if it was from here actually) where it said that they are planning to reveal big/more news on the next issue. It seems like they said that last time though, and I could be wrong, so we'll just have to wait and see

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 14, 2016, 07:53:05 AMI also want to remix something from Pokémon, but I'm not sure what. Everything I can find has either been done to death or looks complicated. I'm thinking about doing Lake from Diamond and Pearl, but the only sheet music of it I could find had notes that went way above the stave.
If you're talking about mine, I can edit it for you by lowering it an octave (also there are parts that are raised an octave or just missing due to limitations so I can change that as well)

Quote from: Altissimo on April 14, 2016, 09:09:36 AMHow would that affect a remix? I'm curious lol
I'm guessing it would depend on the instrument used in the remix. Like for example, when people do air horn remixes or even temmie remixes, if the pedal is used then it sounds awful. Or if you use a flute to play the bass part for whatever reason, it would sound (even more) unnatural because a flute can't normally play that low

Oops I got ninja'd. Well you might as well, but you should also ask if they want to be credited too, depending on how much of it you use and all. Also if you import a midi into a DAW, ledger lines shouldn't be a problem

Nitro Indigo

No, someone else's, but could you please show me that Lake sheet music anyway? The one I was talking about only has the melody.

I make my remixes by drawing notes onto the piano roll in FL Studio 12 because I can't afford a MIDI device, unless all electric keyboards in the world are compatible with it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Latios212

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 14, 2016, 09:18:19 AMI'm not good at reading notes above the stave.

I found Synthesia tutorial for Wrapped in a Light from Gates to Infinity, and it seems easy enough to make sheet music of.
If I get Finale Notepad (better than nothing, right?), should I ask if it's okay to use the video as reference?
His sheet's in the description.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nitro Indigo

You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Latios212

Oh. Oops.

I might still be able to find the sheet on my other computer this weekend, I remember downloading it a long time ago.

(But if you wait a few years, Bespinben will make a better version!)

Edit: Try the channel desription
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Nitro Indigo

The link in the description works! Now I know what my next remix will be.

On an unrelated note...
...Are we just going to ignore the fact that they revealed what the Pokémon world looks like years ago?

Ōkami~MD

Anyone getting the second chance Hoopa event (idk if it's in the us or not)?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Olimar12345

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 14, 2016, 07:53:05 AMGame Freak are being so sparse with Sun and Moon details that I'm already starting to wonder if this will be another Zelda U case. The said they'd reveal something on the 3rd... but all they did was show the reveal trailer on TV.

They actually never said it was a moon and sun reveal thing, like at all (see the link I posted in the previous page).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

It sounds weird to say moon and sun.

mikey

It's like saying Blue and Red, Sapphire and Ruby, Y and X
which is fine you know, putting the better games first
unmotivated

Dude

Pretty sure the popular way to say it is the other way but ok

mikey

...that's the point I was making
unmotivated

Dude

Still sounds weird though.

SlowPokemon

It's not that it sounds better or anything, it's just the games are always marketed with a specific one coming first for some reason or another.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BrainyLucario

The commercials for the games cause this, as well. Nintendo's advertisements usually stick to a certain order, so that's basically how the community commonly orders them as well.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.