News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

SlowPokemon

I'm good with moving on to Gen VII personally. If these games are announced and come out in November, it'll be over three years since XY came out. That's exactly the length between Black and White and X and Y for Japan, and if you remember correctly a good bit longer than the same wait for US. Our Gen V only lasted from March 2011 to October 2013--basically two and a half years.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 25, 2016, 11:24:17 AMI'm good with moving on to Gen VII personally.
of course you are
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 25, 2016, 11:27:44 AMof course you are

I don't see the point in wasting away in the same gen for more than a few years rather than thinking of ways to expand and improve. Gen IV is my least favorite simply because it went on for too long and all of the games in that gen were essentially the same in terms of gameplay.

also, remember how much better Black and White were than Diamond and Pearl, now that they had tried some things and learned more about the DS hardware? Yeah, I'm guessing Moon and Sun will be that much better than X and Y if they are new generation games. Just saying new is not always bad and a series like Pokémon continuing to grow and provide new ideas is fine with me.

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

did u even read my post i'm expanding on my viewpoint you questioned not freaking out or being sensitive

Dudeman

Nocturne, please cool it. Slow is sharing his speculation on Sun and Moon just like the rest of us, and it's not fair to single him out for it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

I am sorry if I came off as a dick tho it's very possible and has happened before. I really didn't mean to sound rude or angry I promise

Latios212

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 25, 2016, 11:33:27 AMalso, remember how much better Black and White were than Diamond and Pearl, now that they had tried some things and learned more about the DS hardware?
I don't really agree with this. I liked D/P better as a whole. What things exactly are you referring to?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dudeman

Another thought: The design of the logo (specifically, the solid border around the title) is rather similar to the design of X and Y's titles. Yet another reason why I think they're probably sequels.

ninja'd by conversation carry on
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

uh so the moon has a dark type symbol in it but the sun doesn't have a recognizable symbol in it (at least to me)
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Latios212 on February 25, 2016, 12:13:56 PMI don't really agree with this. I liked D/P better as a whole. What things exactly are you referring to?

In general, and this is I suppose a matter of opinion (though I had thought it was the popular opinion), I thought Diamond and Pearl felt incredibly clunky and weighed down with unnecessary slowness (whereas Black and White moved much faster and felt in general more polished). The story was fresh and better in Black and White, we got a lot more new Pokémon (and generally higher quality ones, in my opinion), and several old-fashioned things such as, off the top of my head, excessive field HM use or TM expiration were deemed obsolete or simply obtuse and done away with. In general, the Unova games felt much smoother and exciting than the Sinnoh games.

Latios212

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 25, 2016, 12:37:53 PMIn general, and this is I suppose a matter of opinion (though I had thought it was the popular opinion), I thought Diamond and Pearl felt incredibly clunky and weighed down with unnecessary slowness (whereas Black and White moved much faster and felt in general more polished). The story was fresh and better in Black and White, we got a lot more new Pokémon (and generally higher quality ones, in my opinion), and several old-fashioned things such as, off the top of my head, excessive field HM use or TM expiration were deemed obsolete or simply obtuse and done away with. In general, the Unova games felt much smoother and exciting than the Sinnoh games.

Better story and TM change, I'll give you that :P On the other hand, I kind of felt the game was a bit too saturated with new Pokémon. It's actually been a while since I played through B/W, so you may be right about the pacing.

I think my main issue with B/W is the way it looks. The Skyarrow Bridge scene is amazing, but I feel overall the attempts made to increase depth perception made everything look really clunky and pixelated. I don't mind a full 3D look for Pokémon (X/Y looks awesome!) but when things constantly zoom in and out in Gen 5, it doesn't look good to me. Particularly the moving battle sprites. I prefer the overworld of D/P for that reason - it looks smoother. Another thing is that D/P to me seems more colorful and fun to explore. I never found any of the locations in B/W to be particularly memorable, but I love just wandering aimlessly through Sinnoh.

(Oh, and both soundtracks are phenomenal, but I undoubtedly give the nod to D/P.)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

As great as sinnoh exploration is it's got nothing on all the sea exploration in hoenn
unmotivated

Oronoco

I've always been a bit disappointed in how "linear" Unova and Kalos are. It takes away some of that fun exploration feeling. I like Route overlap.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.