News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

mikey

I'd prefer delta emerald with the same souped up storyline, just a little bit more artwork as ORAS
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

@K-NiGhT - basically! I'm excited, this wasn't exactly unexpected but I'm always ready for a new Pokémon. I'm estimating an early-mid 2016 release?

@NocturneOfShadow - the Delta Episode at the end of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire was Game Freak's way of acknowledging the storyline from Emerald and allowing it to be integrated into the plot, so there's not really much that would be gained from a Delta Emerald game. I'm way more interested to see how they update the Kalos region.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 11, 2015, 10:52:38 PMI'm way more interested to see how they update the Kalos region.
of course you are
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I... feel indifferent? I need to see what they do with these new formes first. Will it improve X/Y's "story"? Will Kalos actually be somewhat interesting and have more to it? Let's hope so, I'd like to see impressed by Gen 6 for once.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

We'll take a generic Water-type, give it crummy stats EVERYWHERE except for Speed, give him a trait that doubles his Speed in the rain and the option to use Agility and call it a day. Luvdisc is great if you're playing with Battle Timeout, because its mere presence should cause your opponent to laugh at it for so long that you win the match.
Such a load of potential here. First off, use Rain Dance to double the only stat that Luvdisc doesn't need a boost in. 95 Base Power with the boost from STAB and Rain Dance sounds very powerful, and it would be on any other Pokemon. Ice Beam is for all these Grass-types that have way too much Special Defense to hurt anyway, but I suppose I just like the words "It's super effective" on your screen. Toxic shows off Luvdisc's amazing stalling power with 43 HP, 55 Defense and 65 Special Defense, but Hidden Power Electric is there if you're afraid of Pelipper or (God forbid) a hostile Luvdisc!
Watch Luvdisc stall out his opponents with his amazing total of defenses not even topping 170. Confusion and attraction together equals a 75% chance your opponent has to wait one more turn before Luvdisc is turned into a pile of heart juice, Protect is another turn, which means that Toxic might inflict a little damage in the meantime. If you're lucky. Aqua Ring can be used on this set. Just kidding, of course.
Get to 1 HP somehow and start Flailing. Your third move is here to add more Speed should you run into one of the three or so Pokemon Luvdisc should ever face that actually outspeed him. Safeguard prevents you from being statused (because such a tank as Luvdisc is obviously going to get Toxiced and all...), or you could use the Water moves and hope to make a use out of Rain Dance and actually hurt Rock-types like Sudowoodo. If by hurt you mean tickle.
Charm turns Luvdisc into a very sturdy physical wall that can survive two Caterpie Tackles and force it to switch out.

Instead of listing Luvdisc's counters, I'll list here what doesn't counter Luvdisc:
unmotivated

Altissimo

ah yes the fantastic smogon write-ups on some mons. gotta love 'em

mikey

I've never seen one better than that
unmotivated

mikey

wow I forgot how great platinum's story is
I reset my game and I'm playing through without saving just to experience the storyline again and so many of these characters are great
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Well in recent news Hoopa is heading to Mcdonalds of all places as a Wi-Fi event you can obtain from using the McDonalds Nintendo Zone at the end of this month, around the same time that the Pokemon ORAS Happy meals replace The Peanuts Movie. Thoughts? McDonalds is OK for me since one is very close to my home, but it makes me worry a little about looking silly standing in the corner of one in order to download Hoopa. Still better than last year's serial code event, though...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

K-NiGhT

The opening of the new anime season is pretty awesome.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

I GUESS I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle