News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Kman96

I found this.

wut.

pinsir and heracross pre-evolutions.

...still doesn't confirm anything, though...
Party Hard!
[close]

Nebbles

NO WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE PRE EVOS
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Cobraroll

Don't worry, it's a confirmed fake. Originally posted on Serebii forums, and got debunked there.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

BlackDragonSlayer

Look at this:

This is wonderful. @_@
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

It's just two dragon sprites on a mountainous background.

I don't see the wonderfulness.

SlowPokemon

Yeah.... Not overtly special.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

What's a good nature for a Meloetta-P? Ironically everyone on the internet says this form is superior, yet I haven't found any sets that utilize it. They're all aria.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

Actually I'd say the Aria Form would be better competitively than it's Pirouette form.

As always, it depends what set you're using. Mixed set would be the best imo.

Let me make a set that I'd use if I wanted to use Meloetta-P:

EVs: 252 Speed and the rest divided between Attack and Special Attack.
Nature: Naive
Item: Life Orb
-Relic Song
-Close Combat
-Psychic
-U-Turn

Basically a Hit&Run set. After a Pokemon who resists Close Combat comes out, I use U-Turn or Relic Song.

But here's Smogon's stuff:
Spoiler
Other Options

Thanks to Meloetta's diverse movepool, it has many options at its disposal. Relic Song is a very cool move that provides a lot of surprise factor, the ability to switch into its Pirouette forme, which is strong and speedy as well as sporting a Fighting-type, is very interesting. This allows Meloetta to utilize Close Combat to hurt its normal counters otherwise. With this, a mixed set of Relic Song, Close Combat, Psychic, and Thunderbolt, is very possible and can build up pressure with Spikes support, but this is generally inferior to Meloetta's other sets. However, if you really love keeping up offensive pressure, this set can perform well. That aside, Meloetta also has other offensive options such as Energy Ball, which can be used to hurt Swampert but is generally inferior to Grass Knot and Thunderbolt. It also has Thunder if you're running manual rain, but it's horribly inaccurate and is inferior to Thunderbolt in general. Return could be used if you're brave enough to use Pirouette forme Meloetta, but it doesn't provides decent coverage. Meloetta also has a decent physical movepool consisting of Zen Headbutt, Stone Edge, the elemental punches, and Shadow Claw, but you're better off using special sets. A specially defensive set with options such as Toxic, Thunder Wave, and Perish Song is possible, but it's outclassed by Snorlax, which has Whirlwind to phaze and recovery in Rest. Finally, Charge Beam is an option for troll factor, with Serene Grace raising its Special Attack boosting chance to 100%, but you're better off running Calm Mind for boosting.
[close]

Waddle Bro

Like FSM said, Meloetta-P isn't that great competitively. In fact, I'd never use it myself. I'd want a Timid or Modest Meloetta. Those two Natures are the ones you should go after for.

If you really, really want to use Meloetta-P, use a mixed set. Anything else is doomed to fail.

I'd probs use FSM's Meloetta-P set, but I'd replace U-Turn with T-bolt(/Thunder in rain teams for the 60% chance to paralyze) for the coverage.

Roz~

I've seen someone using a Meloetta-P with only Relic Song and Last Resort, and when used correctly you can actually sweep with it. =P But yeah, I agree with FSM and Waddle, Mixed Aria is probably better.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Plus it is 20349823049238594740932480923849032x cuter than the Pirouette form
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

spitllama

Hrm. That's too bad. Pirouette is kind of cool.

I just got a Timid one with 31 in speed, so I guess for the other one I'll go for FSM's set.

Thank you!
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: spitllama on March 17, 2013, 07:38:09 PMI just got a Timid one with 31 in speed
Holy crap that's a good Meloetta! You should try Specs set with that!

Also no problem.

Roz~

Why is everyone freaking out when they see a 31 IV 'mon
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.