General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

FSM-Reapr

Roz~

I hope he does, I'd live to watch it! :)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

You wouldn't live otherwise? D:
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

BlackDragonSlayer

I suddenly have an idea for an ability (Smogon format, just because :P).

Spoiler
Crasher
Description
Cancels out all abilities of Pokemon currently on the field (minus Crasher itself, for fear of a paradox); maintains effect until affected Pokemon switch out.
Effects already "finalized" by abilities (such as weather or stat boosts brought on by abilities) are not cancelled, however.

Competitive Use
In singles, this ability could be used to negate the ability of Pokemon such as Politoed, Breloom, Gliscor, and Shedinja, as well as other abilities such as Prankster and Moxie; the uses are nearly endless.
In Ubers, this ability could be used to prevent weather before it occurs, or in some cases, prevent Rayquaza from negating its effects, etc.
In doubles, however, its effect is not limited to merely opposing Pokemon: it can be used on Pokemon such as Slaking and Regigigas in order to provide their full bulk and power, un-hindered by their abilities, while still crippling an unprepared opponent. A sudden switch-in can cause the opponent to damage themselves (such as when Politoed uses Surf while Gastrodon is out).

Found Normally
Symbolen - Dark/Psychic

Found in Dream World
Unown - Psychic
[close]

It seems like something that could easily be banned within a short time... :P Yet, the potential!!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Cobraroll

Umm... Mold Breaker?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mold_Breaker

As far as I can understand, it does exactly what you're describing.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Cobraroll on February 23, 2013, 01:09:22 PMUmm... Mold Breaker?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mold_Breaker

As far as I can understand, it does exactly what you're describing.
Mold Breaker only stops certain abilities, such as Volt Absorb, Heatproof, and other abilities that hinder moves used by the Mold Breaker user.
My idea gets rid of ALL abilities and cancels out their effect (unless, for example, the weather has been previously placed before the Pokemon is sent out) regardless of whether it affects the Pokemon with the ability or not.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 23, 2013, 03:35:58 PMSolution: gen II
Ah ha ha. That's not what I'm talking about though... :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Cobraroll

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 23, 2013, 02:42:48 PMMold Breaker only stops certain abilities, such as Volt Absorb, Heatproof, and other abilities that hinder moves used by the Mold Breaker user.
My idea gets rid of ALL abilities and cancels out their effect (unless, for example, the weather has been previously placed before the Pokemon is sent out) regardless of whether it affects the Pokemon with the ability or not.

Practically, what would the difference be? Mold Breaker nullifies all relevant in-battle abilities anyway, apart from those activating on the switch-in (Intimidate, for instance). I don't really see Volbeat crying over losing Illuminate, or Blissey's Natural Cure not working while it's in battle (after all, the ability only takes effect after you switch out).

Or, well, perhaps nullfying Truant or Slow Start in Doubles could have some interesting effects. And it appears that Mold Breaker doesn't stop Prankster, Pressure or Guts.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Cobraroll on February 23, 2013, 03:46:48 PMPractically, what would the difference be? Mold Breaker nullifies all relevant in-battle abilities anyway, apart from those activating on the switch-in (Intimidate, for instance). I don't really see Volbeat crying over losing Illuminate, or Blissey's Natural Cure not working while it's in battle (after all, the ability only takes effect after you switch out).

Or, well, perhaps nullfying Truant or Slow Start in Doubles could have some interesting effects. And it appears that Mold Breaker doesn't stop Prankster, Pressure or Guts.
As I mentioned, Shedinja would become very useless if the opponent used a Pokemon with Crasher (thinking of a new name for it :P); Pokemon like Gliscor and Breloom that use Toxic Heal (or Pokemon with Guts) would be damaged by their held items instead of healed (or boosted, in the case of Guts), and, if sent as a lead, might be able to stop weather by Politoed/Ninetales/Kyogre/Groundon/Tyranitar.
Pokemon with Moxie would be less dangerous; Arceus would be unable to use Multitype, which would automatically revert it to normal form.

In Hackmons (always thinking outside of the box, I am ;)), the ability might be put on something like Deoxys-S or a wall (with a Lum Berry, obviously) to get the upper hand over opponents early in the battle and surprise them.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

blueflower999

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Genesect's appearance in this, I think that means that every Generation 5 Pokemon has FINALLY appeared in the anime. Yay!
Bulbear! Blueflower999

JDMEK5

I was really disappointed with the Keldeo movie...
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Kman96

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 02, 2013, 07:52:40 AMI was really disappointed with the Keldeo movie...
ME TOOOOOO OMFG.

All it was was Keldeo being a little bitch and Kyurem playing tag with it. Then he doesn't even beat him at the end, he just damages him "enough." I hope the next movie is better than just this and actually has a decent plot....
Party Hard!
[close]

Waddle Bro

I'm getting sick of this friendship overcomes everything shit.

Actually, I already have.