News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Yugi

After I've finished some FFVI arrangments and requests I might make a pokemon great battle medley, contaning snippets from all the great (read: overrated) battle songs in the series.

Thoughts?

BlackDragonSlayer

Welcome Porthos.

Also, the cutscene before the battle with White Kyurem was epic; the battle was utterly anti-climactic. It went something like this:
Kyurem used Fusion Flare! It's not very effective...
Wave used Revenge! It's super effective! It's a critical hit! Kyurem fainted.

Too bad you can't capture it during that battle... I was expecting Wave and White Kyurem to duke it out. :P The battle with Ghetsis was mighty fine, but a majority of his Pokemon had a weakness to Fighting-type...

In other things, it seems as if Bulbapedia has gone berserk, because, now, Google warns me about it, and Norton blocks several attacks. :(
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

lolol Ghetsis Battle:

Zangroose(yes) uses Swords Dance two times = destruction begins

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on December 30, 2012, 12:46:40 PMlolol Ghetsis Battle:

Zangroose(yes) uses Swords Dance two times = destruction begins
After Cofagrigus was down, Roy could handle it.
But that Kyurem battle... I was expecting a bit more...  :-\ I guess I forgot that it was still Ice/Dragon.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Cobraroll

Yeah, Bulbapedia is "down". My money's on some dubious code in the advertising scripts (which are provided externally and have nothing to do with Bulbapedia. Use AdBlock and you'll probably be fine).

Also, Serebii is reporting news of some announcement to be made on January 8. This can be anything from announcement of a new game, to an event containing Volt Tacke Emolga or something equally silly. Considering the progression of the Anime, my bet is that it's game-related (see my post two pages back).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

BlackDragonSlayer

Team:
Wave, level 64.
Roy, level 61.
Marat, level 58.
Reill, level 55.
Lilly, level 21.
Totesabird, level 19.

I plan to train Reill to level 58, Lilly to about level 40, and Totesabird to about level 30-35. Otherwise, am I ready for the Elite Four yet??

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 30, 2012, 06:24:51 PMTeam:
Wave, level 64.
Roy, level 61.
Marat, level 58.
Reill, level 55.
Lilly, level 21.
Totesabird, level 19.

I plan to train Reill to level 58, Lilly to about level 40, and Totesabird to about level 30-35. Otherwise, am I ready for the Elite Four yet??
What pokemons are these?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 28, 2012, 05:22:54 PMWave (Female Samurott), level 44
Roy (Male Lucario), level 39
Marat (Male Watchog), level 36
Reill (Mall Azumarill), level 23
Totesabird (Male Sigilyph), level 19
Lilly (Female Lillipup), level 13

Clanker37

Quote from: Cobraroll on December 30, 2012, 02:55:59 PMYeah, Bulbapedia is "down". My money's on some dubious code in the advertising scripts (which are provided externally and have nothing to do with Bulbapedia. Use AdBlock and you'll probably be fine).

Also, Serebii is reporting news of some announcement to be made on January 8. This can be anything from announcement of a new game, to an event containing Volt Tacke Emolga or something equally silly. Considering the progression of the Anime, my bet is that it's game-related (see my post two pages back).
If it's a Volt Tackle Emolga, I will scream. But I'm sure Game Freak are going to announce something amazing. Maybe RSE remakes? Or perhaps another sequel to BW, BW3? They've been talking about how it's going to change the Pokemon Universe, so it maybe something completely groundbreaking. Maybe a Stadium or XD remake or sequel all baked in HD on the Wii U?

Also, I'm doing well with my aim to complete to National Dex! Here is the list so far. Going to be playing through LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Ruby and Platinum to get the rest. Already over half way! :D

Nebbles

Ooh man, that Stadium remake sounds nifty...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Shadoninja

I'd love to see a Pokemon game on the Wii U styled similarly to the anime. You could have multiple trainers on your adventure which could either be AI or other players. Just imagine dungeon crawling with your friends. The only problem is 3+ local gamepad players, though a controller mechanic is possible too.

I'm imagining a battle system similar to Final Fantasy XII. You'll control the trainer and the Pokemon will move on its own. AI Trainers following the player will move on their own possibly with a gambit-like system or you can give them orders or take control of them directly. The gamepad has a built-in microphone right? imagine having an extra feature where you can use voice commands. "Stunfisk! Dodge!"

The gamepad would make an excellent in-game Pokedex.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Yugi

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 30, 2012, 11:59:57 PMI'm imagining a battle system similar to Final Fantasy XII. You'll control the trainer and the Pokemon will move on its own. AI Trainers following the player will move on their own possibly with a gambit-like system or you can give them orders or take control of them directly. The gamepad has a built-in microphone right? imagine having an extra feature where you can use voice commands. "Stunfisk! Dodge!"
So (for the people who haven't played FFXII) the battle system will be like this.

Next to a trainer/pokemon there will be a bar filling up, when it is full, the trainer/pokemon will do something depending on if you told it to do something or weather it will do something by default because of a gambit. 

Gambits are slots in the menu making a character do an attack if in a certain scenario. For example.

Enemy: Weak to fire: Fire Blast

Meaning, if there is an Enemy Poke that is weak to fire on the battlefield, Your player/pokemon will use Fire blast on it.

Questions?

BlackDragonSlayer

Team, According to the Hall of Fame (in order of "who's first"):
Lucario ♂ Lv. 63; Name: Roy
Samurott ♀ Lv. 69; Name: Wave
Watchog ♂ Lv. 61; Name: Marat
Azumarill ♂ Lv. 58; Name: Reill
Stoutland ♀ Lv. 40; Name: Lilly
Sigilyph ♂ Lv. 30; Name: Totesabird

Marshal was the hardest Elite Four member, for the sole fact that I did not have any moves super-effective against his Pokemon (Marat and Lilly have Crunch).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

To keep or not to keep!?

Reshiram-- Timid
HP: 13
Def: 20
Spatk: 12
Spdef: 15
Spd: 31

I can't decide :( The Sp. Atk. really could be better.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Roz~

It sucks. You can get something better.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.