News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Shadoninja

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 22, 2012, 07:05:52 AM
Battles with these type limitations would be cool. Water and Fire seem be powerhouses.

Someone should create a crossover of avatar and pokemanz. That would be interesting.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Shadoninja

Quote from: Shadoninja on November 16, 2012, 08:34:31 PMArcanine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat/Wild Charge
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Crunch
Probably going to replace close combat because it doesn't have enough PP.

BlackDragonSlayer

Hey!! What would you say about a Pokemon with these base stats?
HP: 120

Atk: 180

Defense: 80

Sp. Atk: 40

Sp. Def: 80

Speed: 100

Total: 600

Aside from the fact, of course, that a base Attack of 180 would put it on par with Deoxys (Attack form), making it tied for the highest attack; the Bug-type Pokemon with the highest attack and the Fighting-type Pokemon with the highest attack? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 25, 2012, 08:57:01 PMHey!! What would you say about a Pokemon with these base stats?
HP: 120

Atk: 180

Defense: 80

Sp. Atk: 40

Sp. Def: 80

Speed: 100

Total: 600

Aside from the fact, of course, that a base Attack of 180 would put it on par with Deoxys (Attack form), making it tied for the highest attack; the Bug-type Pokemon with the highest attack and the Fighting-type Pokemon with the highest attack? :P
Overpowered.

BlackDragonSlayer

It only has a base-stat total of 600, the same as a fully-evolved pseudo-legendary (which it's supposed to be :P).
Its Sp. Atk. is pretty much terrible (even below that of Beedrill, for example), meaning that, for the most part, it will use mainly Physical moves. Its Defense and Sp. Defense are about average, and its Speed isn't enough to move before Deoxys (Attack) without any boosts.
Being Bug-Fight gives it a 4x vulnerability to Flying types, 2x to Psychic (which, being a Bug-type, it can take care of, usually), and 2x to Fire (which can be negated with one of its abilities ;)).
If used properly, it could be very overpowered, but I'm trying to balance it out a little.

Essentially, if Thoxicon can hit, it hits hard, but if it misses (or, rather, is outspeeded by the opponent, one way or another), it's open to vicious attacks. Although I haven't made a moveset (by leveling up) yet, I'd imagine that the only priority move it would learn might be Mach Punch. The few special moves it would learn would probably be these:
Bug Buzz
Silver Wind
Final Gambit

However, these do not count ones learned by TMs and HMs.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

beware shiny charizards, bds is joining the game freak

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 26, 2012, 01:17:23 PMbeware shiny charizards, bds is joining the game freak
...Hmmm...

Well, I just came up with the stats after taking a close look at all the pseudo-legendaries, and a few other Pokemon (including Beedrill, Heracross, Dexoys-Attack, and Rampardos).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Except the other pokemon you looked at have terrible base stats. Rampardos may have an atk stat of 165, the rest of its stats suck so if you're not a bad player you should be able to play around it. Your 'mon has 600 stats total, so even if it has a really bad sp. atk stat, it has 120 HP stat which is huge, and it has decent def/sp. Def and speed. So I agree with Shado, this thing is way too overpowered.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on November 27, 2012, 08:47:29 AMExcept the other pokemon you looked at have terrible base stats. Rampardos may have an atk stat of 165, the rest of its stats suck so if you're not a bad player you should be able to play around it. Your 'mon has 600 stats total, so even if it has a really bad sp. atk stat, it has 120 HP stat which is huge, and it has decent def/sp. Def and speed. So I agree with Shado, this thing is way too overpowered.
That is one of the reasons I looked at them... to get an idea of the extremes and of somewhat-balance. Also notice "including"...

One thing I saw, upon further examination, is that the stats I chose are more like the statistical averages of Fighting-type Pokemon, except with slightly-more-extreme differences.
However, I think it might be better, in this case, to not say any more, lest I ignite another "fire of rage," so to say, and just end with:
Thank you for your advice, Roz and Shadoninja.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

So Im thinking about doing this, whether on tumblr or on here. Does anyone want to see? :P

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Nebbles

:D sounds awesome! I need to find that on tumblr so I can reblog it and do it....
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

Yay! But I realized quickly that I dont have the patience to learn how to use my photoshop in 2 days, so they're all gonna be sketches :P

I kinda wish they had more of a variety for choices, because honestly I dont have a favorite fighting or favorite in-battle Pokemon. I really had to think hard for those

EDIT: And Im so skilled I found you :P

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bubbles

http://bubbles7689.tumblr.com/

I wont post them here to avoid clutter

advertising