News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Roz~

I don't really understand why it's so expensive.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FSM-Reapr

15 euros?! wtf :( It's like 22 USD!!! D:<

BonusPwnage

What do you mean? Euros aren't worth the same amount of U.S. dollars. !5 euros is about 19 U.S. dollars, so it's actually a little cheaper in the U.S. ;)

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: BonusPwnage on November 10, 2012, 07:27:38 AMWhat do you mean? Euros aren't worth the same amount of U.S. dollars. !5 euros is about 19 U.S. dollars, so it's actually a little cheaper in the U.S. ;)
-.- I know.

...*looks euro-dollar*
HOLY SHIT

But if you exchange money from dollar to euro it would have to be more than 19 dollars(because we have humongous taxes) ;)

BonusPwnage

But it's really not that big of a deal. You may get ripped off a little, but it's not like a difference of $100 or anything.

Roz~

You're getting ripped off just by buying the damn thing.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nebbles

The 3D models may be nice but god damn it's not worth it at all.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BonusPwnage

Well, that's one of the reasons why I don't have it.

Kman96

Ok, world, answer me this: How is a Pokemon region governed? What's their government like? For instance, if it weren't the Elite 4/Champion, would there be like a governor/president or something?
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kman96 on November 10, 2012, 01:58:16 PMOk, world, answer me this: How is a Pokemon region governed? What's their government like? For instance, if it weren't the Elite 4/Champion, would there be like a governor/president or something?
I'd think that the towns and cities would be loosely bonded together, almost not even a "region."
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Cobraroll

There probably is a governing body, but it's not shown in the animé because it's irrelevant, and the games do not show the world to scale and thus omit the unnecessary parts.

After all, somebody must be employing the police (at least in Kanto, which is shown to have several police departments) and greenlighting infrastructure projects.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Jompa

The Pokémon anime is just Ash's coma anyways, so it wouldn't really matter what's shown after episode 1..
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Kman96 on November 10, 2012, 01:58:16 PMOk, world, answer me this: How is a Pokemon region governed? What's their government like? For instance, if it weren't the Elite 4/Champion, would there be like a governor/president or something?
I could say:
IT'S JUST A GAME!!! EVERYTHING DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE!!!

What I will say:
idk, I think the Champion is in charge of the entire nation and Gym Leaders are mayors.

Nebbles

and towns/cities that don't have mayors?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FSM-Reapr

They are like small villages in our world; they have no one.