News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Will to Go On

Started by SlowPokemon, July 17, 2010, 07:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the ending?

It was a suitable finish.
Flawless.
What were you thinking? That was awful.
Not that great; it could have been better.
I still haven't read it.

Winter

I really like this actually. Kind of an awkward transition into a romance but it works. Kinda seems like it was your original intention actually.

DrP

^^ HEY! you stole my spot!!!

Anyways, great writing, as always... you just need to make smoother transitions from event to event, not using phrases to cause instant change. This is definitely a transitional chapter and probably leads to nowhere (and yes, I did get the hidden element that you placed so obviously in there).

Good work dude

Also, you should change your poll or something

SlowPokemon

Second commenter, hooray! :D

Thanks Winter Kid and DrP...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

No matter how the story turns out, I really want to her more! Maybe spend a chapter in the underground tunnel and a chapter in the radio tower? You could have houndour face off with houndoom at the top of the radio tower.

SlowPokemon

That English essay I didn't turn in? Turns out it was a rough draft, so I can bring it tomorrow for a full grade minus ten points! :D Already done.

SO I may write tonight.

DrP

woo! I say continue on to Ecruteak and do a Bell Tower scene or something

SlowPokemon

I feel like writing, but I don't FEEL like writing right now, you know?

And I'm surprised, Dr. Grapefruit, that you haven't realized--or at least commented on--a certain Gym Leader's name significance.

DrP

What Gym leader's name significance? from your story or mine? if it's from mine, is it Candice??

SlowPokemon

Nope, from mine.

You'll figure it out eventually, as I only named one so far.

DrP

and what about this fantastic Norman? something special with him coming up?

SlowPokemon

Norman is just normal; he's the Gym Leader of Petalburg in the future.

You probably realize now why I named...
Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 13, 2010, 06:03:26 PMthe prettiest girl any of them had ever met
...Margaret.

DrP

THAT was your subtle thing... you know you told me everything a while after I read that part of the story, so I really didn't pick up on it (I kinda forgot the story a bit... it was kinda a filler chapter)

But... haha... you put things in... maybe one of these other gym leaders in Merin might see something special!!!

SlowPokemon

That wasn't my subtle thing. That subtle thing takes a LOT of inferring about a line spoken by Karen to figure out.

SlowPokemon

Surprise! :D Chapter thirteen tells of two interesting strangers.

Chapter Thirteen
Have Eusine Suicune?

They walked into Ecruteak City, an old and historic city. Something about the place just left one feeling sad and maybe a little creeped out.

A Pokémon Gym was standing within sight. There was a Pokémon Center, a shop, and two large towers. Something affected Will a little strangely, though. There was a sign that proclaimed “Ecruteak City” on a tiny corner of a huge patch of dirt. There was nothing on the spot of land, though it was surely big enough for a house. It saddened Will to wonder what had been there before. Was there a house there? If so, what had happened to it?

He was pulled from these melancholy thoughts after a short period of time, however, as he was traveling with Karen and Aaron, the latter of which was only quiet when sleeping. And sometimes not even then. Will rolled his eyes to recall an incident in which Aaron had begun shouting in his sleep andâ€"but that is an incident perhaps best left for later.

Or never.

â€œWe should go check out the tower,” suggested Will.

â€œWhich one?” said Karen. “The intact one that’s said to be home to a horribly powerful creature or the rickety and burned down one?”

Will frowned.

â€œNever mind.”

Aaron looked up at the Pokémon Center. A small Weedle, hanging from the doorframe, was wrapping itself in a thick shell of string. Aaron murmured, “Sweet, a cocoon.”

â€œYou there!” shouted a voice right behind Aaron. He turned around quickly, startled.

â€œWhat?”

Behind him was a very theatrically dressed boy about their own age, with a purple suit and a cape. He had three PokéBalls at his waist.

â€œYou’ve seen it, haven’t you?” said the boy excitedly. “You saw the Pokémon I’ve been looking for! Admit it!”

â€œUmm, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” said Aaron.

The boy groaned in frustration.

â€œThe Pokémon of the pure water! The life-giver! The canine beast so wickedly fast that no one in history has ever managed to catch it! Sightings are few and far…ever so far…between… But you, just now, said its name! You must have seen it! Where did it go?”

Karen looked sideways at Aaron, who was looking at the boy with a bewildered expression.

â€œHuh?” he said, perplexed. “Which Pokémon is that?”

The boy glared at him.

â€œSUICUNE!” the boy shouted dramatically. “THE POKÉMON OF PURE WATER! THE LIFE-GIVER! THE CANINE BEAST SO WICKEDLYâ€"”

â€œYeah, yeah, we get it,” grumbled Aaron. “But I didn’t say ‘Suicune’. I said ‘sweet, a cocoon’.” He pointed up at the Weedle, now a Kakuna, hanging from the doorframe.

The boy looked up at the Kakuna, then back at Aaron, then back at the Kakuna, then back at Aaron.

â€œSo you didn’t see…?” he said hopefully.

â€œNO,” said Aaron firmly.

The boy sighed and hung his head.

â€œIt’s the same everywhere I go,” he said mournfully. “Everywhere, I hear ‘Suicune was just here’ or ‘wow, did you see how fast it was?’ or ‘look at that freaky kid’. It is my ultimate life dream to find and capture Suicune. The day I accomplish that, my friends, will be my glory day!” he said, his eyes suddenly ablaze. “The day I accomplish that…I will have lived a full, complete, happy life!” His face darkened a bit. “That day, I fear, may never come, if you would like to know the truth…”

The trio blinked a few times, staring with incredulity at this strange boy.

â€œSo…have you ever seen Suicune?” inquired Karen interestedly.

â€œAh,” said the boy, his eyes shining again. “Indeed I have, my good lady. That was the most rewarding and gratifying day of my entire life. It is because of that sighting that I will search all across Johto, and perhaps even beyond, to catch one more glimpse of that extraordinary, breathtaking creature. I will never be fully satisfied until the beautiful Suicune rests at my waist in a PokéBall.” He shook himself, and the fire in his eyes died down. “Well, my friends,” he continued. “I never did get your names. You are?” he said to Aaron.

â€œAaron,” said Aaron importantly.

â€œAaron…” murmured the boy. “You?” he inquired of Will.

â€œWill,” said Will flatly.

â€œWill…” said the boy. “What about…you?” he asked of Karen.

â€œKaren,” said Karen, looking a bit wary of the boy, as if he was perhaps mentally deranged.

â€œFantastic!” said the boy, smiling. “Good-bye, then!” He began to walk away.

â€œWait!” called Will after him. The boy stopped.

â€œWhat is it?” he said a bit impatiently. “I have to track down Suicune at top speed, my friend. Absolute top.”

â€œYes, but you can’t just get our names and walk away!” said Karen, a stupefied expression on her face. “At least give us yours or something!”

â€œAh, it is my name you wish to know?” said the boy, smiling wryly, as if he had been waiting for them to ask. “I am Eusine! Sworn tracker of the Pokémon Suicune!” said the boy with a faraway look in his eye. “I must be going now…you’ll have to excuse me. Good luck to you all, and may we meet again, Aaron, Will, and Karen!” he said mysteriously, and ran out of Ecruteak City to track the Pokémon of pure water, the life-giver, the canine beast so wickedly fast that no one in history had ever managed to catch it.

The trio stared after him in silence for a moment.

â€œThat guy,” said Aaron frankly, “was a COMPLETE nut job.”

â€œHe was a bit strange, wasn’t he?” said Will thoughtfully.

â€œI think it’s neat that he’d travel alone all over Johto to find one Pokémon,” said Karen musingly. “But he seems a little obsessed.”

They stood there in silence for a second longer, then they all shook themselves.

â€œAaron--Will and I are going to check out the town,” said Karen. “How long do you think it will take for you to win a Fog Badge?”

â€œAn hour, maybe,” said Aaron, shrugging.

â€œAlright,” said Karen decisively. “We won’t book rooms, then. Maybe we can be in and out of this depressing town within the day.”

â€œGot it,” said Aaron, and headed towards the Gym.

Karen and Will looked around the town for a few minutes. Will left Karen to go to the PokeMart. Karen wandered about for a bit. A large crowd was gathering outside the Ecruteak Dance Theater. She walked inside and watched as five Kimono Girls danced and battled their Pokémon artfully and elegantly.

The Kimono Girls danced unlike anything she had ever seen. It was quite entrancing.

That’s amazing, thought Karen, her eyes wide.

â€œYes,” said a boy of their age who was standing near them. “They’re very beautiful, aren’t they?” he continued a little sadly. There was something bittersweet in his voice.

Karen took a good look at this stranger. He had piercing blue eyes. He was rather strange to look at. He gave off a distinct aura of awkwardness, but in a likable sort of way. He was holding with one arm a notebook that had a pencil placed inside its spiral binding.

â€œWho are you?” asked Karen curiously.

â€œMe?” laughed the strange boy. “I’m no one. I really don’t belong here.”

Karen looked at him, confused.

â€œOkay, then,” she said, a little awkwardly. “I’m Karen, and I’m here with my friends, Aaron andâ€"”

â€œWill,” finished the strange boy. “Believe me, I know who you are. It’s strange to think that you don’t know me…” He sighed sadly, and then he walked out of the theater.

â€œWait!” said Karen, running after him. “Where are you going?” she said, confused again.

The strange boy gave a sad sort of half-smile and replied, “Goldenrod. I need to meet with an old friend. And from there…” he said, and threw his hands up in the air. “…Anywhere. Who knows? Who can tell, really?” he said, and laughed a little bit. “It was nice to see you,” he said sincerely, “but I have to leave.”

And with that, the strange boy walked away, leaving Karen with more questions than answers. She decided to forget about it and walked instead to the Gym. Will was already waiting there with Aaron. Aaron offered his hand and they walked out of Ecruteak together, Will at their side.

SlowPokemon

Oh, and I've composed (sort of) a theme for this story. When I record myself playing it, I'll upload it to YouTube and you guys let me know what you think. :P It's pretty generic.