News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The World Cup

Started by Nakah, July 09, 2010, 06:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Roz~ on July 11, 2010, 06:07:15 AMI'm probably the only person here who's not following the world cup. :P Go Spain I guess.

im not following it either, haha, but im rooting for a team :P
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Cobraroll

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

I didn't really follow the World Cup that much... I'm not a HUGE fan of soccer/football, but I root for Germany every 4 years (I used to be a France supporter)

Ruto

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 11, 2010, 11:23:00 AMbut I root for Germany every 4 years (I used to be a France supporter)

*high fives* :D

Awww...that was one disappointing game. The Netherlands just had to play like that in the final. They could have won :(

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on July 11, 2010, 02:37:54 PM*high fives* :D

Awww...that was one disappointing game. The Netherlands just had to play like that in the final. They could have won :(

That was... and im a Dutchie! im just in shock, though the Dutch really fended the Spanish off until overtime... thats the problem with soccer, they just move around a bunch, but no one ever scores (sounds like those dates where you are in a group and your rotate every 5 minutes)... the "traffic cones" just didn't try hard enough

Harvest

-

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 11, 2010, 11:23:00 AMI didn't really follow the World Cup that much... I'm not a HUGE fan of soccer/football, but I root for Germany every 4 years (I used to be a France supporter)

France did so horrible this year, and I loved it. I was able to troll my French friends who kept saying that they'd win the world cup.  :P

And I knew Spain would win. Couldn't watch the game 'cause I was working, but I heard it wasn't that great anyway.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on July 11, 2010, 05:03:58 PMFrance did so horrible this year, and I loved it. I was able to troll my French friends who kept saying that they'd win the world cup.  :P

And I knew Spain would win. Couldn't watch the game 'cause I was working, but I heard it wasn't that great anyway.

I know... even mexico beat them, and they are pretty bad. I just found out from CNN (and WikiNews) about the game. I can't watch soccer/football for a longer period of time (cause it gets too boring for me). I still rooted for the Netherlands, though I knew Spain would win, too. Vos amis français doivent aimer leurs équipe de foot... Zidane est un héro national (pourtant, il ne joue plus au foot)

Roz~

Zidane est seulement reconnu pour son coup de boule contre un joueur italien en 2006. C'était assez épique dois-je dire. Et les déboires de l'équipe cette années m'ont bien fait rire. And same here, I can't watch a game for too long, it gets boring. I dunno, they're kinda running in the middle of the field for 85 minutes, and then spend the other 5 minutes shooting... and it never gets in most of the time.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

FallenPianist

Quote from: Roz~ on July 11, 2010, 06:22:22 PMZidane est seulement reconnu pour son coup de boule contre un joueur italien en 2006. C'était assez épique dois-je dire. Et les déboires de l'équipe cette années m'ont bien fait rire. And same here, I can't watch a game for too long, it gets boring. I dunno, they're kinda running in the middle of the field for 85 minutes, and then spend the other 5 minutes shooting... and it never gets in most of the time.

Je n'aurais pu si bien dire...

Today's game was pretty boring(IMO), but i'm glad Spain won. Paul predicted it!
Also, message to the FIFA admin: PLEASE CREATE A RULE FOR THOSE WHO FAKE!!!

DrP

J'ai ri au match contre México... Les français-là étaient très stupide... quel dommage! It's all over now, and the whole football fever is basically over (except in Spain). I was more excited by the Lakers-Celtics basketball game moreso! I try and catch a bunch of Ducks games whenever they're playing! Now, that's a fun sport to watch

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Haha!  I have absolutely no idea what you guys are saying!  @FP, it's called diving and if the ref can tell, you can get a yellow card.  @Dr.PM, Celtics should have won.  I'M BLAMING BOTH OUTCOMES ON BAD OFFICIATING.  >..>

DrP

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on July 12, 2010, 01:24:14 AMHaha!  I have absolutely no idea what you guys are saying!  @FP, it's called diving and if the ref can tell, you can get a yellow card.  @Dr.PM, Celtics should have won.  I'M BLAMING BOTH OUTCOMES ON BAD OFFICIATING.  >..>

Yes, they should have... damn Lakers had to win (and it was hard to be a Celtics supporter walking around in an area about an hour from Los Angeles... everyone where I live is a Lakers supporter)