News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. 4

Started by Meta-Ridley, July 06, 2010, 04:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Umm, it was a gift? When exactly did I say I bought it?
And I don't think there will be another SSB. :P

If the new franchise goes through, then they kind of have to. But other than that, I don't think there will be beforehand.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

There probably will be another one, but I don't think it'll come out on a portable console. And what SFK said made sense, we'll probably have to wait for the new franchise before seeing it. I really hope it'll be like SSBM more, with fast-paced battles and more varied levels.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Well, looking at the SSB trend, only one SSB game has been released for a console (N64, GameCube, and Wii)... so it'll be a while. Melee came out here in 2001, Brawl in 2008, so therefore we could be waiting all the way uo to 2015 for a new release of SSB (and by then, the wii will be gone and another nintendo system will take its place)... However, Nintendo may be making SSB 3D for the 3DS, since they are remaking N64 games for the 3DS

Meta-Ridley

Quote from: Roz~ on July 09, 2010, 09:43:00 AMThere probably will be another one, but I don't think it'll come out on a portable console. And what SFK said made sense, we'll probably have to wait for the new franchise before seeing it. I really hope it'll be like SSBM more, with fast-paced battles and more varied levels.

Yeah definately. SSBB was too slow e.g. Samus shoots a big ball of electricity and hits opponent - opponent stands still for one second - opponent flies off screen.

SlowPokemon

That was part of the attack animation, mbk.

I like the original probably the best, as it's the most nostalgic, but SSBB is the best otherwise. Never really loved SSBM.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Meta-Ridley

Don't get me wrong - even though brawl is a bit slow paced it is still better than melee by a long shot.
I loved the original - ness was awesome - starfox ship was a descent size - Final Destination music FTW!!!

Sekter77

I don't know. I think Melee is better than Brawl actually as far as gameplay goes. Brawl is loaded down with lots of cool stuff, but I think it may have gotten crushed under its own weight. The original is my favorite. It's just got the most charm and fun packed into its simplicity. The sound effects pack more punch and there's just enough to keep it fresh without suffocating everything else. But I love playing all of them regardless of which one's my favorite.
Guitar and video games.

pumpy_heart

I'd have to go with Melee on this one too guys.
Melee added characters (though some are overpowered) upon the original cast. Most of the original cast got upgrades into Melee as far as moves go (save Ness). Brawl, however, took away characters, cut down on originality between characters (two attacks with different animation but same effect is not original), and tried to balance every character. Brawl ended with some OP characters and some virtually unplayable. Brawl is much slower than Melee (yawn) and the characters become very bland. Don't forget about the huge physics change. Melee made fighting faster, but kept most of the same game physics. Brawl changed the jump height, reaction time, a bunch of things. Feels out of place.
I'm sticking with Melee on this one.

Shadoninja

I never really noticed the physics change. I do have to say though that lucas kicks ass.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Meta-Ridley

Jub3r7

It's really fun when you get good with Olimar, you always end up on the high score board for most damage caused.  :D
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

Though I personally favor Brawl Kirby over Melee Kirby, I have to say Melee is most definitely my favorite.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

So what's everyone's preferred Brawl character? I definitely overuse Meta Knight.

Meta-Ridley

I use lucas and samus and lucario. I'm best with lucas.

PK STARSTORM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winter

I could never understand what he was saying, haha