Skyward Sword

Started by DrP, July 03, 2010, 10:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

I wanna know everyone's thoughts on the new Zelda game (even though it won't be released for sometime... like Pokémon Black and White).

I love the fact that the sword is basically an extention of the arm with MotionPlus (which works on SMG 2 suprisingly)

SuperFireKirby

I do like the new control scheme thanks to wii motion plus. Fighting on Twilight Princess on the wii version could get pretty annoying, which is why I played the gamecube version instead. The new items looks nice as well. One thing I'm not really liking are the kinda but kinda not cell-shaded graphics. I'd rather they just keep the same amount of realism in the graphics they used is TP as well as making them look better.

I just really hope it comes with a wii motion plus device. If so, I'm sold.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

I'm pretty excited this time, but I should try to keep things to a minimum. Usually the games I preorder and whatnot turns into a disappointment xD

Anyhoo, I do like Impressionist Art, but the game doesn't seem as dark as I'd like. The woods are like something from a children's cartoon, when the initial art suggested it was going to be rated T or something.

One thing though, if there's the Master Sword, does it mean we see Ganondorf? lol.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 04, 2010, 07:31:07 AMI do like the new control scheme thanks to wii motion plus. Fighting on Twilight Princess on the wii version could get pretty annoying, which is why I played the gamecube version instead. The new items looks nice as well. One thing I'm not really liking are the kinda but kinda not cell-shaded graphics. I'd rather they just keep the same amount of realism in the graphics they used is TP as well as making them look better.

I just really hope it comes with a wii motion plus device. If so, I'm sold.

theres no way ill pay 20 dollars for motion plus, unless likes you said, it came with it.

im not a huge fan of the cell-shaded graphics, i really loved TP graphics and i believe they were the best of all the zelda games (even including skyward sword), but i wont mind when im playing. its still a great zelda game!

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on July 04, 2010, 09:33:21 AMI'm pretty excited this time, but I should try to keep things to a minimum. Usually the games I preorder and whatnot turns into a disappointment xD

Anyhoo, I do like Impressionist Art, but the game doesn't seem as dark as I'd like. The woods are like something from a children's cartoon, when the initial art suggested it was going to be rated T or something.

One thing though, if there's the Master Sword, does it mean we see Ganondorf? lol.

I've had pretty good luck with preordering games (Bowsers Inside Story and Pokemon Platinum and SoulSilver)

The art is leaning more toward that of WindWaker, but with a more realistic looking setting and stuff, like a mixture between WindWaker and Twilight Princess

And if there's a master sword, then master sword=ganondorf (just look at spirit tracks, you had Malladus and a Spirit Sword, the master sword only applies to Ganon/Ganondorf)

Ruto

Definitely very painterly. If it had looked more like the leaked artwork, I would be much happier I think. I am looking forward to leaping off that cliff! :D

Well I want Link to fight some really, really scary looking bosses, so I hope they'll consider that. I'll be fine with cutesy drawings if that's the case.

Nana1Popo2

I, too, was disappointed in eharing that the new Zelda game was cell-shaded. I was looking forward to a more Twilight Princess-like kind of look. They said that the graphics would be improved somewhat, so I was wondering how they would improve from TP. sadly I guess I wont be seeing a new, more realistic looking zelda game.. :/ maybe next time. so, all in all, I hope this game changes my mind. hopefully the new graphics/storyline.bosses/gameplay/etc will be worth it! so, those are some of my thoughts on SS.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

HugoMeister

I think the graphics and wii motion plus are perfectly fine. Of course, I was hoping for a game that was darker than MM, but this works too.

Speculations of story points or anything anyone? I'll start then.

*watch out, I might spoil some things if you don't know about it*

So since the game tells the story of how the master sword came to be, I'm hoping for some Windwaker elements to return, specifically the sages of Earth and Wind, as they were required to give the sword its powers.

We know that Link lives above the clouds, in a floating continent, so I'm going to assume the return of the Oocoa (or however you spell it) and perhaps even Valoo, the sky dragon.

Link discovers that Hyrule lies beneath his land, he uses the Skyward Sword to travel between the two worlds, and he eventually figures out why the two worlds exist separately. Eventually his Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword we know and love today.

My first speculation, the one I'm absolutely convinced of right now, is that during the course of the game the two worlds will join together, and that this union (that of wind and earth) results in the power of the Master Sword. To keep this power strong, each world gains a sage that has the ability to ask the gods for their continued assistance.

If the above is true, then I'm hoping music will play an important element once again. In the Windwaker, the Harp and Violin were required, so I'm hoping for more backstory on those, and possibly the addition of others.

What do you guys think?

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

DrP

With what you described is great, especially the music part! I have a feeling its going to be great.

ive been reading in a bunch of places that Skyward Sword is gonna take place before Ocarina of Time (which in turn took place before everything else). I hope the gameplay takes mysterious turns that no one would expect (I always love that in a game)

The graphics are using the new graphics technologies of Twilight Princess (with improvements with new technology developments) and the cell-shading similar to that of Wind Waker and the future DS series that spun off the Wind Waker Branch from Ocarina (the other being the Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess/Link to the Past Branch)

Ruto: I love the picture, it does give a change of pace for the regular zelda graphics... I did however like the "Zelda 2010" poster with those graphics a little better for this situation

Nana1Popo2: Maybe the zelda game after LoZ:SS will be the most realistic of them all (and please, I need a new storyline, like Spirit Tracks [but that had minor changes to the basic storyline])

SuperFireKirby

Referring back to the one poster of Link that was revealed way back when, Link was carrying some kind of fairy/spirit. I'd bet that's either the wind or earth spirit. Probably wind if it were a choice between the two. Now seeing this is the creation of the master sword, I'm doubting the wind and earth temples are in existence yet, and if so, they're on the two different worlds(Hyrule and Oocoa).

Now I'm thinking that if that figure in the poster is in fact the wind spirit, Link has to take him/her down to Hyrule and unite it with the earth spirit, which may be in the Earth Temple dungeon.

Now seeing as there has been some kind of instrument or musical element in very console Zelda since OoT(excluding Majora's Mask) ex. Ocaraina, Wind Waker, Howling, I'm betting that Link will probably have some kind of music making device or ability this time around as well. Whether either the wind or earth spirit has an instrument is a possibility.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

im excited to see what the instrument is! and the storyline, too!

DrP

new skyward sword music at ZREO

Link here

Ruto

Thanks!! You seemed really hyped by this game.

I think I will paint something from it now ;)

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on July 07, 2010, 08:32:18 PMThanks!! You seemed really hyped by this game.

I think I will paint something from it now ;)

I've been waiting since I beat Twilight Princess

Ruto

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 07, 2010, 08:39:12 PMI've been waiting since I beat Twilight Princess

Yah I have to agree. Need my 'Zelda' fix...

On a completely unrelated topic, I'm thinking of doing some fanart of the new game or any of the old ones. Mind posting a screenshot of your liking since I can't seem to decide? I will either use oil, acrylic, pencil, colored pencil or do a digital painting, depending on preference (yours or mine). I'm going to be hyped for this game too. I'm safe from disappointment since this is Zelda, right? :D