News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Skyward Sword

Started by DrP, July 03, 2010, 10:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 16, 2011, 02:27:25 AMJust finished the third dungeon.  This game gets really good fast.  The motion tracking can still be a pain when you are required to slice a certain direction because it simply doesn't work properly for me, but otherwise the game is really picking up.
There. I fixed your statement for you.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DrP

Quote from: Dudeman on December 16, 2011, 06:09:17 PMThere. I fixed your statement for you.
No. It really does suck.

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: DrP on December 16, 2011, 03:28:00 PMI know!!! I kinda saw the Grannie thing coming... I kinda figured that out early. I really liked demise

I was playing OoT and Shiek's Harp was the Goddess Harp!

Yeah!! I just realized that. awesome!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Roz~

Spent the afternoon playing. Managed to beat the 4th temple. T'was awesome! I love the game so far.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

Yea, just got to the same point in my game.

And lol, pretty sure everybody has figured out by now that in any sort of "Zelda timeline" this comes before everything.

me irl
[close]

Raymondbl

I don't own the game, but I've watched the whole game on Youtube and have played it once.  The control scheme works for me, the only thing I have trouble with is the beetle.  Sometimes when I slash horizontally it slashes diagonally, but not a big problem.  Five stars from me.
The purpose of life is to survive.  Deal with it.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Raymondbl on December 18, 2011, 10:12:48 AMSometimes when I slash horizontally it slashes diagonally, but not a big problem.
Until you get to the puzzles and enemies which require you to be precise -___-

Also the flying controls are the most unintuitive and annoying mechanic that I've had to deal with in the entire game so far besides glitchy swinging.  Especially when you turn too hard and it just reverses direction :|

[hit modify instead of quote on your post before.. my bad]

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 18, 2011, 10:59:40 AMAlso the flying controls are the most unintuitive and annoying mechanic that I've had to deal with in the entire game so far besides glitchy swinging.  Especially when you turn too hard and it just reverses direction :|

Really? I haven't had any problems with the flying...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

That and swimming.  It's just a poor method of movement that would work so much better with an analog stick.  Makes it imprecise and annoying.

me irl
[close]

Roz~

OH GOD SWIMMING ASHFDSHFGEUFHDJS.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Dudeman

Eh, I thought it was decent. Takes a little getting used to, though. And who doesn't love spinning out of the water? ;D
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

I did often think I was using the analog stick and get very confused when it wouldn't turn...lol. However, the swimming did piss me off.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

For the people who hate it, you're really gonna go crazy when (SPOILER ALERT!!) you have to get Faron's portion of the Song of the Hero [/spoilers].

Nana1Popo2

everything just takes a little getting used to... once you get it you dont have as much of a problem. besides, if everything were easy, then the game would be nothing! in my opinion it kinda adds to the difficulty and getting used to the new mechanics.
and whenever i want to get a sure-fire horizontal slash i just swing both the nunchuk and wiimote to get that really big swing. Doesnt bother me when fighting Beamos!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

KefkaticFanatic

At some point it's no longer difficulty and it's just broken or poorly designed mechanics.

The fact that they gimped the targeting baffles me.  Makes weapons other than the sword near useless in battles.  And they almost never ask for them either, which is disappointing.

me irl
[close]