News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Skyward Sword

Started by DrP, July 03, 2010, 10:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

I had none of those problems. Admit it, being a knight is probably damn hard, I'm sure they get disoriented and swing the wrong direction too. It just takes practice. And personally, the controls are so suiting to me, that it would be a challenge to go back to normal controls.

Bespinben

^This.

I played Twilight Princess on Gamecube, so this is my first Zelda Wii title (aside from Link's Crossbow Training [doesn't count]). You'd think I would find the new motion controls hard to get accustomed to, but I actually found them fairly intuitive and enjoyable.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DrP

The fact you can swing from all different directions is a nice new feature and they incorporate it into defeating enemies and some doors and whatnot... however they should've refined it a bit more. When I try and do horizontal slashes on Beamos and other monsters, some times it takes 3 times to get a true horizontal slash and not one of the funky ones. It's frustrating, but im enjoying the later parts of the game compared to the earlier (I won't spoil anything for those who have not reached a certain point yet)

KefkaticFanatic

The implementation is plain poorly done.  It does nothing but detract from the experience.  Nearly everyone I have talked to agrees.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Final SS Boss really gives you an arm workout.

Also I just totally pwned Demise like I did with Ganon... and the end perfectly explains Ganon's existence. <--- Spoiler

GoronsOrchestrated

*sighs* i have to wait until christmas to get skyward sword... 17 days left (for me at least... this isnt 4 in the morning for me, its 7 PM)
Quote from: DrP on December 18, 2011, 02:25:37 PM
I didn't know he or those arrangements existed.

... ಠ_ಠ

Olimar12345

...so you've been arranging all this music from a game you haven't played?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

GoronsOrchestrated

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 08, 2011, 09:05:10 PM...so you've been arranging all this music from a game you haven't played?
yep. ive been finding all the tracks on youtube (but not going too far, to avoid spoilers)
Quote from: DrP on December 18, 2011, 02:25:37 PM
I didn't know he or those arrangements existed.

... ಠ_ಠ

KefkaticFanatic

I only got up to the first dungeon before I had to go back to school.  But I return home on tuesday and so long as I'm not too distracted by Skyrim I will probably play a bunch :>

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

I like it. Though I can't say that the motion controls don't piss me tha fuck off at times, I still think its fun.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Roz~

The only time I've had problems with the controls is when, since I don't have a chair in my dorm room, I decide to sit on my bed and I end up laying down a bit.  Otherwise it's all good.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on December 11, 2011, 05:39:28 PMThe only time I've had problems with the controls is when, since I don't have a chair in my dorm room, I decide to sit on my bed and I end up laying down a bit.  Otherwise it's all good.
I've noticed that too. Whenever I lay down, it sucks even more.

KefkaticFanatic

Just finished the third dungeon.  This game gets really good fast.  The motion tracking can still be a pain when you are required to slice a certain direction because it simply doesn't work properly, but otherwise the game is really picking up.

me irl
[close]

Nana1Popo2

The ending blew my mind....
SPOILERS: I never expected such an epic-looking enemy! Like, I saw The Imprisoned come out an thought... really? this is the final boss?? Demise just made Ganondorf look like minced meat!! I was very satisfied with that boss. I still beat him on the first try (with one heart left) but it was really fun. and then finding out Impa was Grannie.. haha.. didn't see that one coming! That was really cool. also all the references to later games like OOT and TP.. loved it!
GREAT game! all 40 hours of gameplay :)
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

DrP

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on December 16, 2011, 11:21:27 AMThe ending blew my mind....
SPOILERS: I never expected such an epic-looking enemy! Like, I saw The Imprisoned come out an thought... really? this is the final boss?? Demise just made Ganondorf look like minced meat!! I was very satisfied with that boss. I still beat him on the first try (with one heart left) but it was really fun. and then finding out Impa was Grannie.. haha.. didn't see that one coming! That was really cool. also all the references to later games like OOT and TP.. loved it!
GREAT game! all 40 hours of gameplay :)
I know!!! I kinda saw the Grannie thing coming... I kinda figured that out early. I really liked demise

I was playing OoT and Shiek's Harp was the Goddess Harp!