News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Calling all Pokémon Arrangers!!!

Started by DrP, July 02, 2010, 02:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

oh good, I'm going to be doing a pokemon suite for orchestra.
the file's not working with my version of word because it was made in a newer version. that confuses me because it's just text o.O.

question: are we working with one key, or are we going to be changing them in all or certain sections?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DrP

were probably gonna have to change keys (meaning a modulation to adapt to each key change at the end of every song... and ill replace the file with a RTF file, so people with word/pages/neither can read it)

The Deku Trombonist

You should edit first post in this topic with the list instead of making people download a file. Then organise it into what's done and not done and perhaps some colour coding if necessary.

And I've finished National Park from a couple of months ago.

dahans

Basically the list is OK. Should we include some songs of Pokemon crystal too? Concerning the kanto arrangments, I don't think that they are necessary... There is already a RB medley!

However, now I need to know what I have to arrange :D.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SlowPokemon

Umm... sorry, don't need my two cents, I know... but after the rocket takeover, don't you think you should put the Rocket battle theme? :P Just thinking, don't kill me...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 06, 2010, 06:45:10 AMUmm... sorry, don't need my two cents, I know... but after the rocket takeover, don't you think you should put the Rocket battle theme? :P Just thinking, don't kill me...

I'm not gonna kill you (that's what hired goons are for, right?) (haha). Thanks for the input!

Quote from: dahans on July 06, 2010, 02:00:41 AMBasically the list is OK. Should we include some songs of Pokemon crystal too? Concerning the kanto arrangments, I don't think that they are necessary... There is already a RB medley!

However, now I need to know what I have to arrange :D.

Sure thing! Ill add to the list... actually, ill just make the list in the first post of this thread
I will need some examples of Crystal songs, though!

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on July 06, 2010, 12:58:52 AMYou should edit first post in this topic with the list instead of making people download a file. Then organise it into what's done and not done and perhaps some colour coding if necessary.

And I've finished National Park from a couple of months ago.

That's what im gonna do... color coding is a must, right! Everyone working on the project will be assigned a color and just tell me what arrangements you're doing. It should be up and rolling by 20:00 UTC-8 (or 05:00 for those in Western Europe)

GreekGeek

Nice list! I would like to work on the modulations as well.
And I'll PM you which songs I'd like to do.
I think we should include some battle themes, the Team Rocket Grunt for instance.

DrP

Quote from: GreekGeek on July 07, 2010, 01:28:29 AMNice list! I would like to work on the modulations as well.
And I'll PM you which songs I'd like to do.
I think we should include some battle themes, the Team Rocket Grunt for instance.

I got your message, and I replied. Ill put the battle themes! and thanks, modulations aren't my specialty (but they sound super cool)

dahans

Modulations? What do you mean by that?

Moreover, we need bridges between the songs. I could do that.

DrP

That's a modulation! It's basically a "setup for the key change... or the new song"

What songs do you want to do. I have you already at Azalea Town, Route 42 and Route 38 (I think)

dahans

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 07, 2010, 01:48:42 PMThat's a modulation! It's basically a "setup for the key change... or the new song"

What songs do you want to do. I have you already at Azalea Town, Route 42 and Route 38 (I think)

I'd love to do the modulations as well :D. (Have a look at my RB medley. I think I did quite a good job with the modulations :D)
I have also done: Trainer confrontation, route 29 (needs a bit of polishing though), Ecruteak ;). But I don't mind if those are not part of the medley! They can be rearranged as well if somebody thinks they are not good enough!

DrP

the list is looking colorful!! anyone wanna take some of the last ones? (or one of mine for that matter)

dahans

Honestly, I consider it really unfair if the medley contains too many arrangments of mine! My suggestion: each arranger does the same quantity of arrangments. It would be much fairer IMO.

Fex: I think my azaela town arrangment is definitely not perfect, if someone wants to rearrange it it would be OK! (GreekGeek wants to do it!)

DrP

ok! then you are gonna have to take some of mine

dahans

No! OK I could take one more! GreekGeek as well (If everyone would do 5/6 arrangments it would be balanced and fair!)