News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Need help with submitting a file!

Started by Purple1222119, June 28, 2010, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple1222119

I want to submit some sheet music to the site. I have it currently written up on Noteworthy Composer, but I know you guys like Finale better, and I was wondering where I could get Finale so I could submit this stuff.
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX

The Deku Trombonist

From what I know, you pretty much have 2 options. Either go and buy Finale (either from a store or from their website) or you could convert it to a midi/pdf and ask someone else to write it out for you in a Finale document.

Perhaps someone else might have some more suggestions?

Offkey

Mm you can just create a midi for it, then in Finale Notepad you can load the midi so you don't have to do it all over again, you can get a free 30 day trial for Notepad.
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

Ruto

There is a link to the free version of Finale Notepad 2008 posted somewhere in the forum (you can also find it via google). It's from Finale's website and they provide a serial number. It seems too good to be true, but really this Notepad's like a "trial" software as it lacks many of the features of the paid software. Some necessary features IMO.

If you must buy a program, I suggest using google or ebay to look for a good price. If you can see this link,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350368409726&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=WVF%3F&GUID=6339f7b31240a0e204a0ac70ffcc9757&itemid=350368409726&ff4=263602_263622

this seller is selling Allegro for a decent price. Much less than than the official website's.

That's all I can think of in terms of legal options.  And you could always ask that someone change the file type for you.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Offkey

Meh well, Notepad 2010 is like 7 euro, not that expensive if you plan on using it a lot, is there anything Notepad can't do which you would want it to do anyway?
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.

Ruto

Quote from: Offkey on June 29, 2010, 03:37:50 AMMeh well, Notepad 2010 is like 7 euro, not that expensive if you plan on using it a lot, is there anything Notepad can't do which you would want it to do anyway?

Ohh, 7 euros? I haven't tried the 2010 version but the 2008 version doesn't allow you to delete measures, change keys in the middle of a sheet, has only preset time signatures, has only 5 "smartshapes" (no 8va/8vb, only glissando, decrescendo, crescendo tools, line tool and slurs). There's more things I can see, but those are the things that annoy me the most.

/rant

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Offkey

Mm yeah I believe it still can't change key/time sig halfway... since I've never arranged anything I have no idea which features are important and which aren't ^^

Youtube channel.

Purple1222119

Haha it's okay everybody I just got the 30-day trial. Thanks for the help everyone!
My Youtube! Featuring Orchestrations of Nintendo music and more!
Latest Tracks: Super Mario RPG & Superstar Saga HD ReMIX