News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

New Type of Pokemon Game?

Started by TheLegend, June 25, 2010, 12:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegend

I think we seriously need a type of game based on the anime.  I think that the Pokemon Colosseum graphics are best for this.

My changes would be:

1. Instead of PowerPoints (PP), we would just make a general "Energy" bar.  

2. Instead of making battles "fair" we would make it actionish and use different combinations of buttons for different attacks, and you can move around the pokemon to attack.  

3. When we travel in grass, or inside a forest, pokemon would randomly pop out in front of you on a trail, and you would send out your pokemon to fight and you fight in that area.  

4. You can learn as many moves as you want, as long as you make your own combination of buttons.

5. The HP and Energy/PP restores itself gradually when not in battle.

6. There be special events where you are your pokemon and you have to complete certain events.  

7. You have to buy pokemon food!  ;D or buy steel and stuff for people like Rhydon or Steelix or... whatever.  

8. You have to aim to catch pokemon, and they can dodge and move around or run. However, the pokeballs are thrown fast so they don't have time to dodge before it touches them.  

9. You can choose whether or not to send out your pokemon in wild battle, so you don't have to run.  But for pokemon who you can't run from, you have to battle.

10. When battling an opponent pokemon, you switch from controling the player character to controling the pokemon e.g. running, moving, attacking.

11. You can choose what type of player you are going to be; from trainer, co-ordinator, breeder, and even villians like team rocket.

12. There could be a game that's completely mirroring the anime, with the game character being Ash, and you could meet Misty and Brock and
they will follow you throughout the game (except when Misty becomes gym leader). But then you meet people like May, and Dawn...

Problem with 11:  there'd have to be completely different storylines then.  I think you would have to make them different games then.  

SlowPokemon

I don't understand your proposal. Do you suggest that a game like this actually be made? Or are you talking roleplay?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheLegend

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 25, 2010, 12:50:36 PMI don't understand your proposal. Do you suggest that a game like this actually be made? Or are you talking roleplay?
The first one.  Edit is tomorrow.  We could send to game freak! somehow...

Taser9090

I don't know... It would kind of be like a Simulation/RPG game.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Meta-Ridley

I'm with you on this one. I have a couple of suggestions though.

1. When battling an opponent pokemon, you switch from controling the player character to controling the pokemon e.g. running, moving, attacking.

2. You can choose what type of player you are going to be; from trainer, co-ordinator, breeder, and even villians like team rocket.

SlowPokemon

Haha a breeder is the life for me. Baby Pokemon are the BEST!

TheLegend

Quote from: metroid/bkfan on June 26, 2010, 12:12:18 AMI'm with you on this one. I have a couple of suggestions though.

1. When battling an opponent pokemon, you switch from controling the player character to controling the pokemon e.g. running, moving, attacking.

2. You can choose what type of player you are going to be; from trainer, co-ordinator, breeder, and even villians like team rocket.
Yes, the first one was one of my major points.  but I forgot to add it in!  And I'll add those!  Any more?  

Quote from: Taser9090 on June 25, 2010, 08:57:17 PMI don't know... It would kind of be like a Simulation/RPG game.

I don't get what you mean. 

SlowPokemon

Here's another problem - unlike the anime, you should not be able to tell your Pokemon to "dodge". Unfair.

TheLegend

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 26, 2010, 09:22:09 AMHere's another problem - unlike the anime, you should not be able to tell your Pokemon to "dodge". Unfair.
It's basically a game where when you battle, you are your pokemon.

Meta-Ridley

Well maybe it could be like ash's first pokemon adventure in the indigo plateu where he catches bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander, and he meets brock and misty
and they follow him

dahans

Quote from: metroid/bkfan on June 26, 2010, 03:58:27 PMWell maybe it could be like ash's first pokemon adventure in the indigo plateu where he catches bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander, and he meets brock and misty
and they follow him

That'd be amazing! I would immediately buy this game!
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Offkey

The right title would then be "Tales of Pokémon", awwyeah.
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

TheLegend

Quote from: dahans on June 27, 2010, 01:47:06 PMThat'd be amazing! I would immediately buy this game!

I'll add it!

TheLegend

EDIT: Which game system do you think this should be for?  3DS would be good, Wii is good too, but hen there's future systems, and gamrcube...

SlowPokemon

Hmm, probably with a portable system. Nintendo DS or Nintendo 3DS. I don't think Gamecube is any longer an option.