News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Introduction Thread

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, March 18, 2008, 08:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: BrainyLucario on April 14, 2016, 11:42:03 AMI thought that, given the rarity of such cases, it would be almost impossible for someone like that to be an active member of NSM, Statistically speaking. I viewed it to be as possible as winning the lottery, to give you all an example.

i know a shitton of real trans people from one specific forum lol. it's more common than you think

mikey

it's a lot less common than you'd think irl than on the internet
unmotivated

Bloop

It's probably because it's something most people don't really talk about as much
I, for example, still have to tell my sister, and I rarely talk about it with my parents

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 14, 2016, 02:33:47 PMit's a lot less common than you'd think irl than on the internet

This kind of ignorance astounds me. It's not that these people don't exist, it's that they're not as comfortable talking about them irl. Like, would you want to be out as a trans person? (Also, contrary to your stereotypes, it's not possible to determine if someone is gay or trans just by looking at them. It's not like everyone is "obvious" or out.)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 14, 2016, 02:33:47 PMit's a lot less common than you'd think irl than on the internet

actually nah i know several trans people who go to my school... plus what Slow said lol

FireArrow

not to mention that people on the internet also exist irl
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dudeman

Quote from: FireArrow on April 14, 2016, 06:26:20 PMnot to mention that people on the internet also exist irl
what

my life is a lie
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Add all the people you've seen irl. Then factor in how many other out people there are. Then factor in how many people are still in the closet, but haven't told.
The number is far greater than people assume it to be if we don't have daily interactions with trans people. I have a couple of trans friends, and it's literally impossible to tell if you didn't know them (with the exception of the transition to testosterone shots and whatnot).
what is shitpost

Th3Gavst3r

Quote"An estimated 0.3% of adults (in the United States) are transgender."[1]

Altissimo

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on April 14, 2016, 08:13:57 PM[snip]

don't be fooled by the small percentage - it's a sizable raw number!

Th3Gavst3r

I love everybody :)
(stats too)

Magic Mole

Sorry for popping up out of nowhere and straying from the topic at hand, but what sort of book is this "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" that I've seen in several of these bio post thingies? As far as entertainment goes, I love most things sci-fi (hence my advocacy for anything related to Metroid Prime) and reading in general. If it gets the NSM seal of approvalâ„¢ and it sounds like my kind of book then I'd love to have something good to read at school when I have nothing to do.

Carry on :P

Edit: Ahh I didn't realize this was the intro thread...should've put this in the Post Your Thoughts blah blah blah thread or something sorry about that
To make up for it: I'm Magic Mole, age 18, a(nother) socially awkward teenage male who happens to be 6'8" and DOES NOT play basketball. Some of my favorite games off the top of my head are Xenoblade Chronicles, Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, PM:TTYD, Super Mario Sunshine, poop it's hard to narrow it down, etc. I'm not too active at the moment but I hope to post around and get to know some of you guys. Maybe I'll post a more detailed intro eventually.

mikey

The hitchhiker s guide to the galaxy is simply the best piece of British literature ever written
unmotivated

Bloop

guuuys don't fight about how common or rare transgender people aaare, it doesn't really matter.

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 14, 2016, 09:58:28 PMThe hitchhiker s guide to the galaxy is simply the best piece of British literature ever written
Pretty much. Everyday Joe learns that his best friend is actually an alien hitchhiker and then gets whisked off on a hilarious adventure with the president of the galaxy and a woman he met a few years ago who was seduced away by said president of the galaxy. And there's a robot.

that made it sound kinda boring but it's actually amazing and needs to be read
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book