News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG VII: Host Signups

Started by master_gamer38, June 19, 2010, 10:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HugoMeister

"Pichu-Pi!" (Not again!) shrieked the baby pokemon, being very familiar with the building its trainer was entering. Pichu hated everything about this place; the small fenced in area, the smelly old couple, nobody to play with, the possibility of never seeing your trainer again. . .

"Welcome to the Day-Care!" said the Old Man, gleefully. "Back again so soon?"

"Yeah", replied the trainer as she pulled out her membership card. "Going to Kanto for a bit with my team. Need to train for the upcoming tournament. I just don't have time to watch over it while I'm gone."

She placed Pichu on the counter, and next to it a shiny pokeball. Looking down at her baby, she sighed and and patted it on the head. A slight electric shock reassured her, and soon their goodbyes were said. "Pichu-chu-chu Pi." (Hurry back!) She winked and was out the door.

Out back, the Old Man found his wife with the other pokemon. Pichu had never seen so many of them here before. It was ecstatic! Friends to play with! "Perhaps this won't be so bad after all" thought Pichu.

"We've got another one, dear?" said the Old Woman to her husband. "Yeah, another Silver Conference trainer. What luck eh? Business is flourishing. I was even able to hire 3 helping hands! It's so nice having to do just a little bit less."

The three helpers were gathering around the pokemon for a nap. One pokemon, however, didn't look too much like napping. In fact, Pichu noticed, it didn't look like doing anything around these people. Its eyes were full of anxiety and worry, and the poor thing was trembling.

One of the helpers came over to take Pichu's pokeball to the shelf where all the pokeballs were kept. He smiled, running his hand over each of them as he walked to the end to place Pichu's with the rest. That's when Pichu noticed why the pokemon seemed to be so tense. There were 18 open pokeballs on that shelf. There were only 11 other pokemon in the Day-Care.

Day Care

12 Players:

1 Wolf Shaman - A wolf with the ability to seer the colors of other players. (Night)
2 Wolves - Just regular wolves, you know how they work. (Night)

1 Vigi - Kills one player of their choice. (Night)
1 Guardian - Protect one player of their choice from being wolf'd. (Night)

2 Masons - Humans who know who all of the other Masons are. (Day)
5 Humans - Regular Humans, you know how they work too. (Day)

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

universe-X

I'd definitely play this, but the game's gonna be waaay too fast-paced with Vigi. Also, I don't think Wolf Shaman's really good for anything except finding out who Vigi and Guardian is. Same for Masons. Does this imply that Wolf Shaman doesn't know the other wolves?

And a little bit out there, can guardians guard themselves?

master_gamer38

The guardian can guard themselves. And I've seen some amazing strategies from that. The Wolf Shaman does know the other wolves, and yes, that's the point of the Wolf Shaman, to find the Vigi and Guardian, or the blues in general. And it's only gonna be fast paced if the vigi just kills constantly. Trust me, I can see Hugo's game playing out well. Just with the right players in the right roles.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

TheLegend

Quote from: master_gamer38 on June 20, 2010, 10:46:58 PMThe guardian can guard themselves. And I've seen some amazing strategies from that. The Wolf Shaman does know the other wolves, and yes, that's the point of the Wolf Shaman, to find the Vigi and Guardian, or the blues in general. And it's only gonna be fast paced if the vigi just kills constantly. Trust me, I can see Hugo's game playing out well. Just with the right players in the right roles.
exactly.

I'm a guy that doesn't kill alot... and now, I think the three helping pokemon were munchlax, the jynx-pre-evolution, and that fighting pokemon in the shorts.... I love pokemon. 

Cobraroll

^Not enough to recognize Smoochum and Tyrogue on the spot... :P

Also, draw my submission from this. I'll be away for a week from Saturday on, and won't be able to oversee the game. However, I do have another idea for a story, to be submitted after I get home.

Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

universe-X

I'm liking Hugo's story. Anyone that agrees say "Aye!"

Aye!

TheLegend

master_gamer38

Okay, so. We have 3 game ideas.

Master_Gamer38's
SuperFireKirby's
HugoMeister's

In order to vote for their game, type the name in bold. I'll close the voting at some point. Maybe tomorrow night, or if I feel it hasn't been long enough, I'll close it Wednesday night. Anyways, let's vote.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Nakah

I agree that hugo's idea would be an interesting game, but I feel a manhunt would be better for the people trying to learn right now. Everyone should learn to play by instinct and without special roles first, so that they can tone up their wolf catching skills. So my vote goes to MG for the next game.

Also, manhunts are sick.

TheLegend

Quote from: Nakah on June 22, 2010, 07:17:57 AMI agree that hugo's idea would be an interesting game, but I feel a manhunt would be better for the people trying to learn right now. Everyone should learn to play by instinct and without special roles first, so that they can tone up their wolf catching skills. So my vote goes to MG for the next game.

Also, manhunts are sick.
I've watched four games, and played in one, so I think I would learn anyhow. So my vote is still Hugo

askalice23

MG... i think nakahs right we all need to learn how to play this game because many of us arent that good at it yet

TheLegend

universe-X

hmmm.... tough choice... I'll go with Hugo

TheLegend

Quote from: universe-X on June 22, 2010, 08:53:45 AMhmmm.... tough choice... I'll go with Hugo
thank you.  I love pokemon!

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.