News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Here's my Pokemon Poll (Thanks Cobraroll!)

Started by SlowPokemon, June 19, 2010, 03:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Pokemon type?

Normal
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Ice
Fighting
Poison
Ground
Flying
Psychic
Bug
Rock
Ghost
Dragon
Dark
Steel

Cobraroll

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 20, 2010, 08:01:47 AMI think Vespiquen deserves acknowledgment as well.

Nope, Vespiquen is terrible. I'd say even outclassed by Butterfree, Ledian and Beautifly. Not sure about Dustox. Small movepool, bad stats, bad typing, no gimmick to stay afloat with.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 20, 2010, 11:25:58 AMNope, Vespiquen is terrible. I'd say even outclassed by Butterfree, Ledian and Beautifly. Not sure about Dustox. Small movepool, bad stats, bad typing, no gimmick to stay afloat with.

:O
What? With moves like Attack Order, Power Gem, Aerial Ace, Slash, and then status moves (my favorite!) like Confuse Ray, Swagger, Destiny Bond, Defend Order, Heal Order, Toxic, etc., and pretty decent stats, I'd say it's good. And all those moves are learned ...except Aerial Ace. Tho only thing bad about it is its type combination.

Maybe it's because I've trained one. I don't know.
Butterfree, Ledian, Beautifly, and Dustox I have also trained, and they all suck... because they have a horrible moveset and stats.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

Vespiquen has decent moves, but no stats to back it up with. Its Speed stat is completely abysmal (on par with Probopass), leaving it a sitting duck for Rock attacks (It's 2HKOd by Rock Throw). Which means that it's revenge killed by pretty much everything. Its largest flaw is its typing, the second largest its stats.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Okay, I can agree with that.
Most Flying-Bug-types are bad in general.

DrP

I put water. Squirtle was my first pokémon (and squirtle is my favorite, too).

I have to go with psychic, fire and ice, too! and dragon, cant forget them. the others im not that fond of (though some of my favorite pokémon are in the "others")

SlowPokemon

Haha, I know what you mean by...
Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 02, 2010, 01:43:00 PM(though some of my favorite pokémon are in the "others")
It's like when your favorite author didn't write your favorite book.
i.e. -
my favorite author - probably Roald Dahl
my favorite book - Howl's Moving Castle.

Honorable mention to Harry Potter, for keeping me entertained over and over again...

DrP

exactly! its like me, my favorite author is probably Ken Kesey, but my favorite book is Gulliver's Travels (I love satires)... and don't forget about Fantastic Mr. Fox! (it's my favorite Roald Dahl book)!

SlowPokemon

Actually, other than Twilight and the books that follow, there has never been a book that I didn't like. Oh, and Eragon.
And I'm a compulsive reader. Slash piano player. Slash gamer. Slash writer. Slash artist.
Gah, I've got too many hobbies.

Speaking of writing...
I shall post my new story soon! It will be fail! And I'll be SO PROUD OF IT! As soon as I get internet on the computer I have it saved to. Well, as soon as the internet connection gets fixed.

THEN I'll post my story up for criticism. Chapter by chapter...

That internet has been down for so long, I'm on the verge of retyping the whole twenty-something pages I already have written.

DrP

Twilight? really? its ok, i dont judge.

You probably are able to take a flash drive and move the files from one computer to another, that's what i had to do with my new computer

I am a piano player/clarinet player/steel pan player/writer/chef/pilot/skiier/kayaker/swimmer/japanese language enthusiast... the one thing I can't do is draw

SlowPokemon

Yeah, but this is the computer my whole family uses, and I don't want anyone to read it...
Except y'all of NSM. Who are awesome.

DrP

SlowPokemon

Haha, I can't tell if that was sarcastic...
I'm going to say that you're agreeing with me! :D

DrP

it would sound sarcastic (i am very sarcastic) but i usually write sarcasm in brackets because some people can't tell it out of context. 

oh, and GO DRAGON POKÉMON!

SlowPokemon

DrP

Altaria!!! thats a must train in R/S/E, but dont forget about Garchomp... i've trained him in Platinum and he can really get down to business!