News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Here's my Pokemon Poll (Thanks Cobraroll!)

Started by SlowPokemon, June 19, 2010, 03:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Pokemon type?

Normal
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Ice
Fighting
Poison
Ground
Flying
Psychic
Bug
Rock
Ghost
Dragon
Dark
Steel

SlowPokemon

Okay, I'm voting for Psychic. Here's the poll I mentioned in the 5th gen topic.
It really has no importance, but I'm posting it anyway because I'm kind of interested to know.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

dahans

I voted for water. My very first pokemon was a water pokemon. I simply love them. (it would be great if there would be the opportunity to vote for more than one option). I also like Ground pokemon :D.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

SlowPokemon

If I were to vote for two, I'd probably pick Grass. My very first Pokemon was a Treecko! I like Normal, too.
I also love Ground-types. Hippopotas is probably my favorite ground type. Its so adorable!

Cobraroll

Dragon or Dark here.

In the first generation, Psychic was broken. Simply overpowered.

Today, Dragon types have taken over this dominance to a certain degree. Garchomp is considered too powerful for standard competitive play, and the other dragons linger among the best of the best, with Altaria as the one exception (totally outclassed by Dragonite and Salamence). And, why blame them? Dragons are awesome!

Dark-types, on the other hand, are often brutally simple. All-out physical offense is the norm, with little in the way of defense. They often have a raw, competitive personality, not thinking twice about using unorthodox methods to win the battle. The Dark types are out there, striking when the opportunity arises. Find their soft spot, or catch them off-guard, and they'll fall. Unless, you're in for a nasty surprise...

Honourable mentions to Fire and Rock. Steel are also cool. Normal at the bottom of the ladder.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

I like Normal Pokemon because they're JUST SO CUTE! Especially Spinda. Though that opinion is not widely held.

I train a Dragonite myself in my SoulSilver. It's amazing. My favorite Dragon Type, though, is Salamence.
I also like Altaria. What? You guys already know I'm a Hoenn fanatic. xD

Taser9090

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 19, 2010, 03:23:25 PMIf I were to vote for two, I'd probably pick Grass. My very first Pokemon was a Treecko! I like Normal, too.
I also love Ground-types. Hippopotas is probably my favorite ground type. Its so adorable!
My first Pokemon was a Treecko also! But that was when my brother forced me to play so he could dex all the Pokemon :\

I'm picking Normal, since I don't really have a favorite type. I remember that I wanted a Jigglypuff when I was 3-4 years old, because of the anime. I would go outside to find one (I thought Pokemon were real :I)

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Roz~

My favorite type's fire. My first pokemon was a fire, so I stuck with them.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

HugoMeister

Fire most definitely. Typhlosion has always been my favorite, part of the reason I'm a Johto man.

Water and Electric are close seconds. Poliwhirl and Manectric my favorites in both categories.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

TheLegend

I voted dragon.

dragon:  Dialga
fire: charizard
water: gyrados
grass: chikorita and evolutions
psychic: mew

SlowPokemon

Aargh... Fire, Water, and Electric are all good (albeit overused)... But, due to my sibling rivalry with my brother, I'll never say that I love Fire-types. Except Ninetales. I train one in SoulSilver.

I feel bad - no one's gonna vote for types like Bug or Flying. xD
However, I won't say Poison because I love Poison types. Muk=epic in my field of vision.

I think I don't like some of the more popular types because (no lie) I don't really care about strength. Dragon is amazing defensive-wise...
Fire-types are my least favorite (or maybe Bug) because there are not many cute Fire Pokemon. The only ones IMO are Vulpix and Charmander. Don't say Cyndaquil, Torchic, or Chimchar are cute... I just can't see it. Same with Piplup.

As for my favorite Pokemon...
I'm not sure that it's a Psychic-type. Truthfully, it changes at least once a week. Typically between Pokemon like Spinda, Mime Jr., Gardevoir...the list goes on and on and I'd be here all day if I listed them all.

pumpy_heart

Electric is my favorite. Not because of Pikachu or some fanboyish thing like that.
I just love the color yellow.
And, not to mention, their very awesome super effective ratios. Though it is weak to ground and can not hit it, that is their only weakness. They are super effective against flying and water, while resisting electric, flying, and  steel.
And don't forget about their effects. Most have Volt Absorb, which can heal them on a swap in to an electric attack. Electivire has Motor Drive, which when he absorbs an electric blow, boosts speed. Both of these are vastly broken.
Did I mention Thunderbolt as a STAB?
Yeah man. Electric all the way.

Cobraroll

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 19, 2010, 03:55:53 PMI feel bad - no one's gonna vote for types like Bug or Flying.

To be fair, though, Flying is more of an attribute than a type in this case, as there are no primary Flying Pokémon. Thus, all the Flying types are stuffed into the other categories.

Bug, on the other hand, have their gems too. Heracross, Scizor, Yanmega, Ninjask and Forretress. Scyther deserves a mention too. They are fast, powerful, and while they all have drawbacks (4x weakness on all of them), they certainly rock.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 19, 2010, 03:55:53 PMDragon is amazing defensive-wise...

Umm... I have to disagree here. Bulbapedia is down at the moment, so I can't check, but I think the only fully evolved Dragon types without a 4x Ice weakness are: Lati@s, Kingdra, Giratina, Dialga and Palkia. I guess you could count Reshiram and Zekrom too. Anyway, the rest of the lot fall like flies to Ice Beam.

However, when hit by almost anything else, they truly stand out. Kingdra and Palkia have only one weakness, so I guess you're right after all.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

I mean, other than 4x damage. I meant that they're resistant to a bunch of types - Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Poison, blah, blah, blah...

I like Bug types despite being terrified of insects in  real life, but it's definitely not my favorite type. You mentioned Ninjask, who has amazing speed. I think Vespiquen deserves acknowledgment as well.

So, recently restarted my Pearl, and my main goal was to train (other than my starter) Pokemon I've never trained before. I say other than my starter because I've trained all Sinnoh starters (and gone through a game without using my starter) and I like Turtwig the best. So far, my team is Grotle, Mr. Mime (egg traded from Platinum), Skorupi (egg traded from Platinum as well), Drifloon, and Buneary. It's a terrible type combination, but there you are. Any suggestions on the final Pokemon? I was considering Lucario, but I've trained that before. And I'd rather not have any repeating types, or I would have chosen Gible (going to have Torterra as a Ground-type). Or maybe a Water-type. Was considering Azumarill or Pikachu. I've trained both of those, but in different games.

Anyway.

Taser9090

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 20, 2010, 08:01:47 AMI mean, other than 4x damage. I meant that they're resistant to a bunch of types - Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Poison, blah, blah, blah...

I like Bug types despite being terrified of insects in  real life, but it's definitely not my favorite type. You mentioned Ninjask, who has amazing speed. I think Vespiquen deserves acknowledgment as well.

So, recently restarted my Pearl, and my main goal was to train (other than my starter) Pokemon I've never trained before. I say other than my starter because I've trained all Sinnoh starters (and gone through a game without using my starter) and I like Turtwig the best. So far, my team is Grotle, Mr. Mime (egg traded from Platinum), Skorupi (egg traded from Platinum as well), Drifloon, and Buneary. It's a terrible type combination, but there you are. Any suggestions on the final Pokemon? I was considering Lucario, but I've trained that before. And I'd rather not have any repeating types, or I would have chosen Gible (going to have Torterra as a Ground-type). Or maybe a Water-type. Was considering Azumarill or Pikachu. I've trained both of those, but in different games.

Anyway.
I'm not a strategist, so I can't really tell.
But I'm wondering if you IV breed your pokemon and EV train them?

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

SlowPokemon

Nope. I just raise their levels because I don't care about strength and don't battle competitively (unless my brother counts).