News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

A lot of questions (new ones, some Y/N)

Started by Ruto, June 09, 2010, 11:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Edit: I don't want to spam the entire board so here's an edit....But I'm on the last sheet so I'll probably not be talking for a while about this.

I'm having a bit of trouble with these one of the sheets I'm supposed to be converting. (Caps follow)

New #1

a. -I can't seem to insert "pedal" on the sheet without it skipping the grace note. Even after I remove the "ped" the grace note doesn't play anymore, unless I move note to a different layer.  Should I omit the pedal? (Y/N) Or is there a way to fix it so I can have both? (Y/N)

b. -I need the tuplet tool for the beginning of each measure. Correct assumption? (Y/N)

c. -I'm certain there are rests in these measures. Particularly in the first one.  Problem is, that I have an idea of what they might be based on the sheet, but it disagrees with what I actually hear. Again: Leave it? (Y/N)

New #2

...This. This. How. 

More specifically:

a. How would I be able to draw the ties?
b. Is that another tuplet? >.< (Y/N)
c. The space between the quarter rest and half note is exaggerated, right? (Y/N)

Feeble attempt aka crap warning:

I warned you.

New #3

Delldongo asked me to put a sharp here. Finale's not letting me do it, and I have doubts there could be a sharp there...I don't know what to else to say. Help?

I only want to ask Delldongo as a last resort. He's helped me with some of the previous sheets already =__=

----Thanks for any input.

I got a UX16 cable for my keyboard a while ago but it's never worked. I think I looked for a month online about this problem and have found nothing on it. I would contact Yamaha about this...but then if there's a really simple solution for it first, I'd like to hear it. 

The problem is that the computers I use never seem to detect the keyboard. I followed the instructions on it, and even downloaded an "updated driver" but nothing. When I start to run the driver it says that it can't find the keyboard. D: I tried this on my desktop (WinXP) and laptop (Vista). No success. Before I bought the cable, it seemed a lot of reviews were very positive or very negative...the negative ones usually given by those who can't connect to the keyboard at all. Some insist they're not computer geeks though.

I don't think this is really a quality issue with the cable, but I'll have to consider that too if I'm out of luck again. I've checked the compatibility of the keyboard/cable/computer. According to the specs/manual, they are compatible with each other.

#2 (answered)

I posted on the request forum a while ago (also) for sheet music for the Soul Calibur series. The majority of them were just requests to convert pdf sheet music by Delldongo (http://delldongo.free.fr/transcriptions/) to be written in MUS files to be submitted for ninsheetmus.

Are there any other things I should do other than crediting him for the original arrangements and providing a link to his website? I have not submitted the sheets to the ninsheetmus yet, right now they are just sitting on my desktop.

Annoying question #3

(answered)

-Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nintendude73

I can answer #2 real quickly by letting you know we don't accept music written by someone else without their explicit permission for your resubmitting it.

Ruto

Quote from: Nintendude73 on June 10, 2010, 04:34:46 AMI can answer #2 real quickly by letting you know we don't accept music written by someone else without their explicit permission for your resubmitting it.

Edit:

I got his permission! Caps at the bottom.

universe-X

Quote from: Nintendude73 on June 10, 2010, 04:34:46 AMI can answer #2 real quickly by letting you know we don't accept music written by someone else without their explicit permission for your resubmitting it.
Does that mean veterans on NSM as well? I was thinking about putting up a few of the old songs in the submissions sub-forum up for submission...

Cobraroll

^I guess that's perfectly legal, as putting a song in your thread was the way of submitting it in ye olde days, so they sure intended it to be on site one day. However, all of them will need a copyright update.

Also, have a look at that post I made in some thread around here. I listed a lot of arrangements there.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Ruto

I'm actually waiting for a response right now. *crosses fingers* o_O

But I'm going to lock the files for downloading right now since I've already gotten some feedback on the distributing/credits question. Meaning someone saw it and said something. I would have actually asked the transcriber a longer while ago but at that time I didn't think I would end up actually getting the software and entering all the notes. Crappy cable=keyboard/mouse did all the work. Gah.

Quote from: universe-X on June 10, 2010, 10:48:10 AMDoes that mean veterans on NSM as well? I was thinking about putting up a few of the old songs in the submissions sub-forum up for submission...

If they were once on the site, wouldn't they have some contact info left behind?  (Just a thought, not really promoting any form of stalking here). I mean, NSM wasn't like the changed Facebook ToS a while back where it basically said, "if you upload anything it belongs to us forever including your creative works."

Nintendude73

Quote from: universe-X on June 10, 2010, 10:48:10 AMDoes that mean veterans on NSM as well? I was thinking about putting up a few of the old songs in the submissions sub-forum up for submission...
Hmm... that could be a different situation.  I'd say in that case, since they did intend to get them on the site, we'd accept them, but we'd of course take them down if they changed their minds.

However, there's a difference between someone who intended to get their songs on the site and someone whose songs end up their without them ever meaning for them to.

universe-X

Well, I'll look into their "attitudes" then ;)

Ruto

Hehe...I blocked out my name and my Firefox tabs. This is just a cap of my email page. It could be a bit hard to read...

Nintendude73

Ruto

Updated first post for more annoyance.

Sorry everyone.

TheLegend

Quote from: Ruto on June 17, 2010, 11:49:36 PMUpdated first post.

fixed. We don't feel you're annoying, people only feel that I'm annoying. 

for the pedal, you know how when you try to add a pedal, sometimes the arrow will be hollow and sometimes it will be black with a small note somewhere near it?  You gotta move to the left a little when the arrow is only outlined.  If I'm not mistaken.  Or you could just add "with pedal".  people are usually smart enough to make their own good pedal markings. 

for the sharp one, you don't need to score to look perfect.  as long as the reader can understand it... also, it might be because he used sibelius, and the natural f (first note) would make the one on the bottom natural, too.  except this is finale... I remember hearing this song...

EDIT:  IF I COULD ONLY GET ONTO MY DAD'S LAPTOP, I COULD SAVE YOU ALL THE TROUBLE! 

universe-X

Quote from: TheLegend on June 18, 2010, 08:44:39 AMfixed. We don't feel you're annoying, people only feel that I'm annoying.
People only feel your annoying because you want to be annoying.

Hmm, I wish I could help you out here, Ruto. I would suggest going to someone like Brassman, DekuTrombonist, or Nintendude for this sorta help. :-\ Not much that I can say here except that the last picture is too hard to read and could be fixed up a little.

Ruto

Quote from: universe-X on June 18, 2010, 10:05:44 AMNot much that I can say here except that the last picture is too hard to read and could be fixed up a little.

I actually did fix up the last one a bit. I just can't write that in Allegro (with what I know about the program so far) reasonably. The scrawls were to point out the major key and whatnot. Link is there because Link is Link.

Quote from: TheLegend on June 18, 2010, 08:44:39 AMfixed. We don't feel you're annoying, people only feel that I'm annoying. 

[...]

EDIT:  IF I COULD ONLY GET ONTO MY DAD'S LAPTOP, I COULD SAVE YOU ALL THE TROUBLE! 

Oh yikes, maybe personal things should be avoided in a simple Q&A.  Walked right into that one  :'(. Also, maybe ask your dad? Lol.

Also @Legend

With the pedal business, there's no way to assign it to the grace note, I think that's why. I tried that cursor thing and I just can't place the PED there or move it there. Even after removing it the grace note just doesn't appear in the playback or in the MIDI.

If tomorrow comes and no response, I will ask Delldongo. He's really being a good sport about this.

TheLegend

hahaha.... you can't move the pedal for it to work.  You have to delete it, and try what I did again.