News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Criticism

Started by SlowPokemon, May 24, 2010, 12:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 06, 2010, 03:22:45 PMI disagree. I think everyone has a different kind of nostalgia.

Dictionary definition of nostalgia:
1. a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life, to one's home or homeland, or to one's family and friends; a sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time.
2. something that elicits or displays nostalgia.

There is no WRONG view of nostalgia. Just because I was born a bit after you all doesn't mean that Pokemon isn't nostalgic for me. A later gen CAN be nostalgic. It doesn't have to be the original to be nostalgic.

Which makes you wrong here in my field of vision. I'm so not trying to make you mad though. :P

I agree. Its all about the person and what THEY view as nostalgia... for some people Diamond and Pearl will be nostalgic to some people, for me its Gold and Silver (and before)... people have to respect what people believe as nostalgia

pumpy_heart

Yea, I misstated. Your view of nostalgia is newer, but it still hides the main point.
You can't use nostalgia to prove a point. It will never work. The topic is Ruby/Sapphire criticism, and though you started it, you refuse to listen to true criticism of it. Which is fine, if you're going to hold to your nostalgic values. Just know that for the most part, you'll be holding to that alone.

SlowPokemon

Yeah, unfortunately I'm really pigheaded sometimes. :P Sorry.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

The final say about Ruby and Sapphire from me... it was just one of those "interim" games, between something good and something else to come that's good (im not saying Diamond and Pearl were good). R/S is like Majora's Mask... not really the best (but different). It came in between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker (two great games, with the middle not so great)... it was basically made to make Nintendo money until they could release something great (and that is HeartGold and SoulSilver [which, suprisingly, was a remake])

As i stated above, ill still play it, but it won't be my favorite (haha, rhyming)

pumpy_heart

I'd like to agree with everything drpamplemousse said about Pokemon.
Zelda on the other hand... Some other time xD

DrP

I was just giving an example (and this isnt a zelda thread anyways)

Roz~

My friend gave me is Emerald game. I managed to get to the 2nd badge, but then I stopped. I thought I'd give Gen 3 another chance, but to me they're still as boring as the first time I tried it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

I play it for the battle frontier there... its so much more fun than the one in platinum... more variety!

Master_Z

Ruby/Sapphire beat Diamond/Pearl. Sinnoh in general was horrible. The cities were weird, the 4th gen Pokemon were "different" (Pokebeach.com said that 4th gen had a different group of designers for the Pokemon), and the plot was kind of redundant. Sadly, 5th gen won't be any better.

SlowPokemon

I don't think Sinnoh was HORRIBLE

And it wasn't a brand new design crew.

Ken Sugimori designed the first two generations single-handedly (and did all the box art) and then had a bit of help designing gens 3/4, but still did the box art. So he did the final designs. :P

DrP

im guessing why the first 2 generations of Pokémon look the best!

SlowPokemon

DrP

once you bring in "outsider art" then it begins to look bad

Roz~

Pokemon from Gen III and Gen IV are not ugly nor do they look bad, they just look different.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP