News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Criticism

Started by SlowPokemon, May 24, 2010, 12:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 27, 2010, 10:51:30 AMIn no particular order:

Lombre
Pelipper
Plusle&Minun (damn Pichu clones. That's also why I hate Pachirisu and the electric rodent in Gen. V)
Makuhita
Skitty
Sableye
Meditite/Medicham
Volbeat
Illumise
Spinda (especially Spinda)
Chimecho
Snorunt
Huntail/Gorebyss

Metagross is among the coolest out there. I mean, look at it!

Lombre is cool but admittedly ugly. I hate the Wingull family (mostly because that's all you ever see on the ocean). Can't stand Plusle, but Minun is adorable. I like Makuhita but Hariyama I can agree with you. Skitty is cute no matter how I look at it. I don't like Sableye, prefer Mawile. Meditite sucks. Not a huge Volbeat and Illumise fan, but they're cute. I am so frickin mad that you not only put Spinda, but ESPECIALLY Spinda. I could go on about Spinda all day because that's one of my favorite Pokemon EVER, and it's adorable, and has a really cute unsteady, tottering walk. Chimecho is cute. Snorunt and Glalie are THE ugliest Pokemon from Hoenn. Huntail is grotesque but Gorebyss is not ugly.

Just because Metagross is COOL doesn't mean it's not UGLY. The only really cute and cool Pokemon, non-legendary, is Dragonite. It has a cute face.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Taser9090

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 26, 2010, 05:21:43 PMI had a Gardevoir, Salamence, and Cradily in their 60s and 70s in addition to my Sceptile. It was a terrible team, but I loved them all so much. ^.^
I'm just curious, did you ever import them to a DS game, left it in the game, or deleted them?

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 27, 2010, 10:51:30 AMIn no particular order:

Lombre
Pelipper
Plusle&Minun (damn Pichu clones. That's also why I hate Pachirisu and the electric rodent in Gen. V)
Makuhita
Skitty
Sableye
Meditite/Medicham
Volbeat
Illumise
Spinda (especially Spinda)
Chimecho
Snorunt
Huntail/Gorebyss
Luvdisc

Metagross is among the coolest out there. I mean, look at it!
I always thought the Ludicolo family was ugly. We don't always want to battle with the cutest Pokemon. There has to be a mix of them.

Luvdisc was ugly. I felt bad for it, it was weak, no evolution, and no one uses it.

They should stop making clones though. It's annoying.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Taser9090 on May 29, 2010, 06:04:23 AMI'm just curious, did you ever import them to a DS game, left it in the game, or deleted them?

None of the above. I lost the Ruby Version. xD
And my Sceptile was level 100. Legit... no cheats.
I didn't know about cheats back then lol.

Taser9090

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 29, 2010, 09:29:47 AMNone of the above. I lost the Ruby Version. xD
And my Sceptile was level 100. Legit... no cheats.
I didn't know about cheats back then lol.
That's sad. I always put my 6 Pokemon I used in one game, that way I can use different Pokemon teams. I love my Pokemon :p

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

SlowPokemon

I love Hoenn regions. Going through Emerald again. right now. My team right now (I'm in Lavaridge) is...

Marshtomp
Kirlia
Loudred
Aron
Bagon
All in levels 25-27. :P
I traded the Bagon from a Ruby version (a different one, of course). I trained a Ninjask till Lv 24, then dropped it (same with Shedinja). I also had a Beautifly at first that I dropped for Ninjask xD.

Any suggestions on my final Pokemon? I want to train a Lileep, just for old times' sake. However, it's pretty hard to train and it's awhile before it's really good (same with Ninjask, though). Plus, I already have a Rock-Type.

Keep in mind that in the same game before I restarted it, I just trained Cacturne, Seviper, Minun, Azumarill, Camerupt, Skarmory, and Shuckle, so I don't want to reuse those. (Yeah, I didn't raise a starter in my last game.)

DrP

I just read through all the posts. I have some mixed feelings with R/S... because well, Blue was my first game (wayyyyy back in the day). R/S were refreshing, even to G/S, but some of the Pokémon (some of the ones you've been discussing) are just pain horrible. And Sinnoh did get boring REALLY quickly for me, though I didnt like the battle frontier changes in platinum. but i still like G/S (and their new HG/SS releases better [No 1] because of the extensive gameplay you can achieve), though R/S/E is on the mediocre side, however I loved the fact that Kanto didnt pop up (something really refreshing) but Kanto is still amazing in its own way. Contests were cool, too... not like the ones in D/P/Pt...

I can go on and on, but I wont (just to save some people from what they dont want to hear)  :D

But in Summation... R/S/E were three games that were ok

SlowPokemon

Wow... I saw that you posted and read through all the posts as well. lol.
God, what is it about me that loves Pokemon that other people think are ugly? i.e., Spinda (love that thing!), Slowpoke, Mime Jr. ...Quite a few others too. o.o how strange

Taser9090

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 02, 2010, 10:56:10 AMWow... I saw that you posted and read through all the posts as well. lol.
God, what is it about me that loves Pokemon that other people think are ugly? i.e., Spinda (love that thing!), Slowpoke, Mime Jr. ...Quite a few others too. o.o how strange
Spinda and Mime Jr. aren't ugly...
They just have low stats.

DrP

Spinda, in my book, look fine and all, but on that one route before fallarbor town... they are just plain annoying, so i have grown not to like them.

Mime JR can sometimes pack a punch!

but I think snorunt is awesome though (cause it looks like a christmas tree)... and it does evolve into froslass, who can really do some damage

What I've never seen in this thread is the ralts/kirlia/gardevoir family, they may look strange, but they are probably some of my favorite psychic pokemon, especially if they have the right moves

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on July 02, 2010, 11:16:23 AMSpinda, in my book, look fine and all, but on that one route before fallarbor town... they are just plain annoying, so i have grown not to like them.

Mime JR can sometimes pack a punch!

but I think snorunt is awesome though (cause it looks like a christmas tree)... and it does evolve into froslass, who can really do some damage

What I've never seen in this thread is the ralts/kirlia/gardevoir family, they may look strange, but they are probably some of my favorite psychic pokemon, especially if they have the right moves

Gardevoir is my favorite Psychic-Type. Or at least one of them. You said you read through the earlier posts... you should know I've trained one in my first game and probably every time I go through Hoenn. I also trained one in Platinum.

DrP

I saw that! I was talking about the whole evolutionary line in general. but... there are those "I have to have these pokémon" every time I go through the game! Gardevoir (or gallade, depending on what Gen of pokémon you're playing) is a must have!

SlowPokemon

Haha, I know JUST what you mean! It's kind of like, the first time you play Blue/Red you typically train Pidgey. Or there's also Taillow, or Starly. I don't use those anymore because I've trained them so many times. (Well, Starly I've trained twice. But you also know I've only gone through Sinnoh three times, haha)

So, drpamplemousse... (tell me something to shorten that to, please!) ... answer my poll about types on the nintendo board. I like feedback on whatever useless threads I start. ^_^

DrP

you can shorten it to drpamp!

And yes! I always have to go for the early birds and train them... i didnt go for the rattata, sentret, zigzagoon or bidoof when i played the games. they have REALLY low stats and aren't meant to be used in the long run!

SlowPokemon

The only good thing about Bidoof is its ability Unaware.
Do you know, I'm still having trouble keeping track what some of the new D/P/Pt abilities do? I still find myself looking some up.

DrP

I still look everything up! Bulbapedia is a godsend... they have everything for my pokémon needs!