News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Started by SlowPokemon, May 21, 2010, 05:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: universe-X on June 08, 2010, 07:21:21 AMI finally beat SMG2! :D

Star Update: 72 stars.

Sweet. I'm not even going to point out that I had 105 stars after beating Bowser.
All putting-down aside, congratulations. Seriously.

Quote from: Maretocks on June 08, 2010, 02:26:27 AM*Cringe*

Not 100% at least. :P

...How dare you call yourself a Mario fan...

Just kidding! ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

Hehehe, thanks!

The last level was a real bitch, especially when I lost Yoshi. Then I realized a different path that I could take without needing him. But now, i have to go back and get the comet medal for that world...

meh, I'll do it next year.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: universe-X on June 08, 2010, 12:59:10 PMHehehe, thanks!

The last level was a real bitch, especially when I lost Yoshi. Then I realized a different path that I could take without needing him. But now, i have to go back and get the comet medal for that world...

meh, I'll do it next year.

Haha! The comet medal... Not that hard, is it? Just lick the flo...

Quote from: universe-X on June 08, 2010, 12:59:10 PMThe last level was a real bitch, especially when I lost Yoshi.

... ._.
Oh.

universe-X

Yeah, it REALLY sucked after that. I was lucky to avoid the Blargg.

Maretocks

I can't wait to get this game.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 08, 2010, 12:44:55 PM...How dare you call yourself a Mario fan...

Just kidding! ;)

Holidays are coming up, I have it on my new Pokemon N64. I will have it 100% in 4 weeks. :D
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maretocks on June 08, 2010, 11:55:37 PMI can't wait to get this game.
Holidays are coming up, I have it on my new Pokemon N64. I will have it 100% in 4 weeks. :D

Great! I still say the hardest level is Dreadnought Ammo Depot.

*cringes in remembrance of whiny robot maid*

Cobraroll

^Nah, just aim for the yellow spots, and you'll be fine.

Battlestation's Purple Coins, however...

I'd still say Luigi's Purple Coins is the worst of them. The easiest has to be the Grand Finale. That ending disappointed me, though not as much as the ending of Sunshine when you got 120 stars.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Cobraroll on June 09, 2010, 07:59:47 AM^Nah, just aim for the yellow spots, and you'll be fine.

Battlestation's Purple Coins, however...

I'd still say Luigi's Purple Coins is the worst of them. The easiest has to be the Grand Finale. That ending disappointed me, though not as much as the ending of Sunshine when you got 120 stars.

I didn't figure out to aim for the yellow spots until after I'd already lost a few billion times. Then it took me awhile to beat it after that.

See, and Luigi's purple coins (maybe because of the times i had lost with Mario) took me practically no time with Luigi (yeah, I've already posted this...). Battlerock (I'm assuming that's what you meant  ;)) purple coins admittedly took me a while.

But I am on this freakishly hard level in SMG 2 right now.

all the green stars of Hightail Falls. It's a nightmare, seriously.

universe-X

Which is why I love walkthrough vids! :D

Cobraroll

^^I meant the Purple Coin level in Dreadnought Galaxy. Gawd, took me ages with Luigi. Perhaps mostly due to clumsiness, though.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

universe-X

Yeah, that level's not so hard for me now. You just gotta focus a little and know how to stay safe.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: universe-X on June 10, 2010, 11:23:35 AMYeah, that level's not so hard for me now. You just gotta focus a little and know how to stay safe.

Same here. I am better with Luigi, due to me always choosing him when there's a choice. I've kind of gotten used to him.

The Dreadnought strangely didn't take me as long as the Battlerock...
But its ammo depot sure as heck did.

universe-X

Battlerock was much easier mainly because it was a shorter route with less coins to focus on.

Star update: 77

Rainbow Road Roll pissed me off but it's many colors relaxed me again.

SlowPokemon

lol that was one of the few levels I did with a partner. Lots of extra star bits.
Oh, and if you think its hard, listen to this - there's a purple coin mission on it, and there are only 110 purple coins in all. It's not easy. Good luck with that. ;)
Star count: 141.

universe-X

Meh, we'll see.

I found the "expert" route a lot easier to go through, considering the other route was too far.

Star count: 84.