News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Started by SlowPokemon, May 21, 2010, 05:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Offkey

Meh, the perfect run. To be honest, it's rather frustrating and annoying than hard. The tempo is way too low, and the constant interruptions like the flying parts or when you turn all the tiles in the second part are major nuisances. In the 2D Mario's, the speed was high at least and it would be a matter of seconds before you got to the hard part where you were stuck last time, but now I get to the last zone relatively easily, and that takes like 3 minutes to get there at least.
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

SlowPokemon

I disagree. I keep losing but I love it and I'm not frustrated in the least. Only gotten to the hammer bros twice so far...
But I love playing the level, especially the cloud part. I'm glad of a challenge for a change.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Offkey

Well yeah but what I mean is, the speed is a bit low, which isn't even that bad by itself, but the flow is interrupted constantly. Things like those little "cinematics" where you see a shooting star appear and such and you lose control of the character for a few seconds just really grind my gears, but that's just me I guess.
The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Youtube channel.
Video's coming soon(ish).

SlowPokemon

Cobraroll

Okay, I've played this game for a while now, and here are my two Øre:

I think it's somewhat less epic than SMG1. Sure, the backgrounds around Starship Mario are awesome (I wish this game had HD support and I had a cinema to play it in...), but the levels aren't as visually spectacular as in the first one (remember Melty Molten Galaxy, encased within the shell of a molten planet, with kilometer-high lava spires connecting the two halves? Or Freezy Peak, with the giant mountain? Good Egg, with the music? Dusty Dune's spire?). However, I like the gameplay, the enemies, power-ups, challenges and everything a lot better in the sequel. It seems that even more thought is being put into every little platform and planetoid, and the variety gets me smiling every time. Starship Mario is definitely on par with, if not better than, the Comet Observatory in every aspect apart from the music.

This is an awesome game. Oh, and I like Starshine Beach the best here. The other galaxies are too linear, though very, very creatively designed. 75 stars now.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

I don't like Starshine Beach
It has a cool design but it is sometimes hard to navigate. That second green star had me for awhile.

I love Supermassive Galaxy, I'm going to say that's my favorite. I also looooove Throwback Galaxy.

The Mario Squared Galaxy would be cooler if we hadn't already seen both levels IMO but I loved it just the same. lol.

universe-X

Supermassive and Starshine, I actually had a little. I expected them to be these big galaxies to be able to explore like in the last game with Beach Bowl or the other one I forget the name. I had a lot of fun freerunning in the last game, but this game is so... crowded.

universe-X

Oni-Link

universe-X

YA DOUCHE

I DON'T HAS GECKO OS X(

Oni-Link

Dude

universe-X

Dude

SMG2 requires Riivolution to patch stuff to it. So yeah.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Riivolution

Also, you can be on 4.3 and still use it.