NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Started by SlowPokemon, May 21, 2010, 05:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

The orchestra is amazing.  T.T
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

Just a question, though:

The original Super Mario Galaxy's soundtrack was performed by a real orchestra. Is this the case here too, or is it all computer-generated?
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

universe-X

So far, my two favorite songs are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVCDUHnx9b0
Possibly the most epic battle music I've ever heard

@Cobra: it is orchestra again. However, I do believe some instruments are computer generated...

SlowPokemon

SPOILER ALERT, but this is cool.

Dejavu.

http://supermariogalaxy.com/#/gallery

Click on the video at the bottom, called "Transmission 15", or something like that. Made me laugh and anticipate tomorrow even harder.

If you're wanting the new aspects to be a surprise, don't watch the video.

Universe-x - you do know that's just the Honeyhive and Maple Leaf song from SMG, with added instruments?

universe-X

Yeah, which is why it's my favorite :D

SlowPokemon

Got the game today. No spoilers, only advice: GET. IT.

It's amazing.

But, more importantly, I have a problem with my Wii. I'll be playing for like a half hour, and it will, I don't know, overheat or something and turn off. Does this happen with any of you?

Roz~

I've never had this kind of problem with my Wii, and sometimes I played for 2 to 3 hours straight when my friends were here.
And I don't know if I should get that game, I didn't really like the first one. Is it better than SMG?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

I'll buy it in a few months when it's budget priced.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

I got it as a [middle school :P] graduation present! :D

@SlowPoke: Never had that problem, and I charge my iPod on the Wii. Get it fixed, asap.

@Roz~: If you don't wanna waste money yet, then wait a little more for reviews.

KefkaticFanatic

Reviews already said it was great.  I just have too much to play now.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

I actually think it meets, perhaps even outdoes Super Mario Galaxy 1.

I wasn't crazy about the Yoshi thing, but it is EXTREMELY addicting. If you don't like it, good news - Yoshi is not in it a whole lot. Only had a couple levels with him so far.

Hardest galaxy so far? Flip Swap Galaxy. One star. I beat it, but it took me quite a few times.

About my Wii...

My dad and I did some stuff, cleared a few things up today, and now it still messes up... But I can play for about an hour - an hour and a half before it messes up. We think the fan in the back of the system is, I dunno, dusty or not working.

universe-X

Flip Swap, so far is one of the few that I've died in because of the level. The others were dumb timing. But, there's not only 1 star in that galaxy ;) These comet medals have me really curious to see what they do.

I'm still not crazy about Yoshi. :-\

I'm so close to Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla! This game is better than it looks.  It definitely outdoes SMG1.

It's pretty much SMG + SM64. SMG's gameplay, but you have to think outside the box, like in SM64.

KefkaticFanatic

So long as it's more difficult, I will be interested.  SMG was stupidly easy.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

The 1-UPs, you're gonna want a few of those. The comet medals are already a bit hard to acheive; getting past the level they offer is even better.

SlowPokemon

I'm in World 2, Cosmic Cove, last star - would be farther but the game keeps dying on me (see above). :P

I've gotten all the stars I can so far, and all the comet medals (which probably summon prankster comets like Speed run and all that crap)...

Love the music in Bowser Jr.'s Fiery Flotilla. My favorite piece in the game so far.