News:

All Hail President Bowser!

Main Menu

Nintendo 3DS

Started by pumpy_heart, April 27, 2010, 03:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Even I, who until a week ago thought I was the biggest Nintendo fanboy here, am not quite to that level... not that I'm calling you stupid, Pumpy. But one must have one's doubts... :P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

pumpy_heart

If you turn off the 3D effect, it is hands down the best handheld machine thus far. So even if the 3D effect does not work properly for all (the mass public says it does and will), it still beats anything else out there. We're talking about the machine. Look at how well the DS succeeds with the tons of crap games, bad online service, and bad graphics for both the release time and now. The hardware still sells itself. Those possible flaws of the 3DS have nothing to do with the hardware.

Cursing never helps an argument. Nor does flaming.

KefkaticFanatic

You really are a fanboy.

me irl
[close]

pumpy_heart

I am defending the hardware. I'd do the same for anything else this impressive.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Sammbo101

Now that iPod Touch is an actual contender in the handheld console genre, I'm interested to see how much the 3DS will effect Apple's sales of said device. i've had 2 iPod touches (the first of which broke almost straight out of the box >:(), and 3 DS systems (of which even the big clunky classic one still works), and where they both have their strong points, unless Apple completely redesigns the Touch, I doubt it will last as a real competitor.

DrP

It's never going to happen (the redesign). Apple is going to keep making things smaller and thinner and appealing to the "app" world of things... yes, people are playing games there but I don't see Apple really tackling Nintendo unless they release a game system running iOS and competing with Nintendo (and luckily for me, I only buy First Party Games from Nintendo). We shall see in the coming years!

Sammbo101

SuperFireKirby

People want their iTouch games to be short, sweet, extremely addicting, and the ability to be competitive with friends(high scores and such). Not some huge game with an epic storyline that takes up half of their memory. So its in a completely different market when comparing to the DS.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Exactly.  The only reason the iTouch has a large "gaming" population is because they count essentially every iTouch sold.  Mobile games are completely different from portable games seen on the DS or PSP.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 16, 2010, 05:59:08 PMPeople want their iTouch games to be short, sweet, extremely addicting, and the ability to be competitive with friends(high scores and such). Not some huge game with an epic storyline that takes up half of their memory. So its in a completely different market when comparing to the DS.

I can't agree with you more. People want stuff like Farmville and Angry Birds... something you might find on addictinggames.com (if that still exists)... It's like comparing a photo and a painting, they are both visual media but one takes hours or even days to complete, and the other takes 1 second.

Now, what if Apple signs a contract to start making games for a game system they build that aren't like Cut the Rope, then Nintendo could be in a world of hurt. Apple is out to get Microsoft, and if anything gets in the way, they get taken down... Sony's game division and Nintendo may suffer huge losses if this happens. It is somewhat unlikely, however

SuperFireKirby

Apple doesn't make games....

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Sammbo101

Yet. Who knows if they'll try overthrowing the video game masters. i Highly doubt it, but it is Apple...

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on November 17, 2010, 11:30:33 AMApple doesn't make games....

Just wait... and Apple has made a Chess game for Mac and a Texas Hold-em game for iOS devices... i think those are games by definition

Winter

I don't know how people make their handheld systems last so long :/ My DSi broke yesterday, Sam you remember that thing! if im using the ds and i put too much pressure on the bottons or casing itself, it freezed, also the sd card slot NEVER reads, and the R/L buttons havent worked since a month after I got it. my first boxy ds works fine besides the L button, and the SP is the only thing that is playable nowadays. it's 8 years ols I think, got it in 3rd grade.

Sadly, though I NEED to upgrade I'm scared this one will only last a week before exploding, considering the trend :(