News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

Nintendo 3DS

Started by pumpy_heart, April 27, 2010, 03:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sekter77

I dunno KF. Twilight Princess may have pixelated graphics, but technically it was a Gamecube game. The graphics were good for the GC, but pretty meediocre for the Wii. And even though it's not the prettiest, it still had a great art design and did what it could with what it had. And I can't think of any other game on the Gamecube that surpassed its graphics except for maybe Super Smash Bros Melee. Of course games on other consles would look better, but not all of them played better. And again, bad graphics don't hamper my enjoyment of a good game. Just because the graphics on the N64 sucked doesn't mean that the games are any less fun now that we know what they could have looked like.

Skyward Sword's art is an excellent compromise between the WW and TP. As long as the Motion Plus works, it should be pretty good. The thing is that cel shading doesn't fit with every Zelda game. If TP or OoT had cel shading, the story just wouldn't have meshed well with the artistic atmosphere. I really think this new Zelda is trying to please everyone by combining the best of both the realistic styles and the cel shaded styles.
Guitar and video games.

KefkaticFanatic

idgaf about 'mature', I just want it to be a fun Zelda game.  Wind Waker was a fun Zelda game.

me irl
[close]

Meta-Ridley

Quote from: Sekter77 on October 08, 2010, 09:13:32 PM. And I can't think of any other game on the Gamecube that surpassed its graphics except for maybe Super Smash Bros Melee. Of course games on other consles would look better, but not all of them played better.

Metroid Prime, much? Probably had the best graphics for GCN. And Metroid Prime 3 probably has the best graphics for Wii.  

Also, I think twilight princess had the right graphics for the atmosphere of the game. I think they are the best graphics for a zelda game. And how the "Nintendo dude" (can't remember his name :P) said he wanted the game to look like a painting, unfortunately, this cannot be fully achieved with the graphics capabilities of the Wii, and will possibly turn out to look like unfinished job.I like the textures, but the way they are animated make it look blockish (look at the trees for an example.)

SlowPokemon

Personally, I thought the graphics on Super Mario Sunshine were pretty great. :P

Maybe a little rough in that shot... But the graphics in that game are not bad.

Luigi's Mansion, too, is pretty good... :P

Or am I completely out of left field here?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 09, 2010, 03:27:49 AMidgaf about 'mature', I just want it to be a fun Zelda game.  Wind Waker was a fun Zelda game.

WW was bleh.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Sekter77

Wow, I can't believe I forgot all these games! Yep, they do look really good, although I think the Mario Sunshine one looks worse because it's from an early build of the game. The life meter and Delfino Plaza both look different from the actual game. But I think Luigi's Mansion deserves special notice because it had really great graphics, and it was a launch title!
Guitar and video games.

Meta-Ridley

Don't forget metroid prime.

Shadoninja

wind waker was okay from what I remember... except that fetch quest at the end...
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

KefkaticFanatic

@Skyward Sword pic:  Holy babbyface batman

me irl
[close]

pumpy_heart

If only this was a console wars thread haha.
Gamecube looked pretty great for it's time. Wii doesn't, but it wasn't meant to be that way. It's doing what Nintendo wants.
I'd love to hear an "obvious flaw" about the 3DS. I think it's going to be pretty grand. Will do way better than any handheld thus far.

SlowPokemon

I just hope they release Pokemon Silver for the VC. Nintendo would be a fool not to, because all of the stupid batteries are worn out. :| A plethora of people would download it.

Shadoninja

I wouldn't unless I fucked up my gold cartridge replacing the battery.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

My Silver won't hold a save file for more than ten minutes, I'd definitely download. :(

Roz~

I bought batteries and changed it. It feels like it's brand new :D
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: pumpy_heart on October 11, 2010, 12:24:34 PMI'd love to hear an "obvious flaw" about the 3DS. I think it's going to be pretty grand. Will do way better than any handheld thus far.

Okay.

According to people that have used it, if you don't hold it properly, it totally burns your eyes.
The price is silly
It's still using Nintendo's horribly outdated online service

Seriously.  Stop being a fanboy.  Don't just be all HERPADERP IT'S NINTENDO AND THEREFORE WILL BE AMAZING.

Wait until the fucking thing launches.  And if they managed to have a very large window in which 3D works, have enough awesome games to be worth the price, potentially have made the online not complete shit, then you can say it's the best thing ever.

But don't you come in here saying that there's no possible way it's not going to be "way better than any handheld so far".  That's fucking moronic.

me irl
[close]