News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Nintendo 3DS

Started by pumpy_heart, April 27, 2010, 03:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

No, Nintendo needs to have HD.  It's just pathetic that they still don't now.  The graphics capabilities of the Wii are just embarrassing.
Quote"As for the battery, it is inevitable that Nintendo 3DS will be a device which requires more frequent recharging than Nintendo DS" Iwata said during a recent Q&A session with investors. "This is why we are going to include the cradle, which is a dedicated battery charger. Perhaps we may need to dispatch to our consumers a message, something like, 'Please place your Nintendo 3DS on the cradle as soon as you return home with it'."

thaaaat doesn't sound good.

me irl
[close]

DrP

^^ Sounds kinda like my cellphone! holds a charge for a max of 10 hours if im doing stuff on it... otherwise I think it can last 2 days on standby.

Whatever Nintendo's next new television console should be has to be amazing... or well, I might make the switch like I did from PC to Mac (even though I still use windows most of the time)

KefkaticFanatic

So what you're saying is, you'll buy it for the gimmick, play it for a while, and then not really use it ever.

Sounds exactly like the Wii.

:|

me irl
[close]

Meta-Ridley

Nintendo does need a HD console. When playing Wii games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the big screen, it looks like a low quality youtube video. It should be perfect.
I was playing Metroid Prime trilogy on my plasma TV, and as good as they are graphics wise, they lacked something because they weren't HD 1080p. I forgot this as well with my last post.

*Better graphics engine - enjoy our games with the best graphics possible.

@Sekter77 I wasn't saying that there weren't any good games on wii. I was merely saying that there should be MORE good Wii games and less of the crap like wii sports resort.
               At least 2/3 of wii games are completely useless. Nintendo should have it the other way around.

KefkaticFanatic

Not only that, with the weak graphics it can't even handle some games like Dead Rising.  Which is why they had to ridiculously gimp the Wii version.

And just imagine trying to run Oblivion on it.  Stutter would be worse than on a 5 year old PC.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: metroid/bkfan on October 08, 2010, 01:15:11 PMAt least 2/3 of wii games are completely useless. Nintendo should have it the other way around.

More like 95%.

The only real good ones are Brawl (which few people even play anymore), and the Super Mario Galaxies. :P There are others, of course, but most of it is crap.

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 08, 2010, 02:59:44 PMNot only that, with the weak graphics it can't even handle some games like Dead Rising.  Which is why they had to ridiculously gimp the Wii version.

And just imagine trying to run Oblivion on it.  Stutter would be worse than on a 5 year old PC.

That's depressingly accurate.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Well, adding to that, you have Twilight Princess and Mario Kart

SlowPokemon

Yeah, I thought of those two and added the "there are others" part. There are plenty more. Like Battle Revolution, since Nintendo DS Wi-fi is fairly screwy. The Wii's is pretty bad too, but it's good by comparison.

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 08, 2010, 05:41:20 PMYeah, I thought of those two and added the "there are others" part. There are plenty more. Like Battle Revolution, since Nintendo DS Wi-fi is fairly screwy. The Wii's is pretty bad too, but it's good by comparison.

Err, no, the DS's wifi's not screwy. The only (major) problem it has is the WEP/WPA thing.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Yep, so all I can do on my DSi is go on the internet. But why would I use my DS when I have a working computer? :-|

Sekter77

I don't know why but I really couldn't care less about HD graphics. I play my Wii on my big screen and never even notice that the graphics are bad. Should the next console have HD, absolutely. However, it does not need to have HD graphics. If it doesn't, everyone else will be upset, but I really won't. The fact that Dead Rising had to be gimped does suck, but honestly it probably wouldn't have sold well even with the full version. Most people who have a Wii don't have it to play games like Dead Rising. I just want to say that graphics aren't absolutely necessary or the only mark of a good game. Having hundreds of zombies is cool, but a game can't stand on that fact alone. Dead Rising was good because it used its graphics well to make a claustrophobic environment. But developers can use even weak graphics to their fullest potential to make good games. It's just a different constraint.

I don't even use Wi-Fi either. I'm too lazy and cheap to set up the wireless internet so that doesn't hold much weight with me. I'm really weird aren't I? I don't care about graphics or online, which leaves me in quite a superminority.

And to be honest, most games are crap. However, this is not Nintendo's fault. Note that they've given up on their "seal of quality" that used to be on all the game boxes. This is because there are simply too many games released by too many shoddy developers which means quality control would be absurdly troublesome. No one else has that kind of filter anyway. Almost every first party game has been great, but too many third party developers tried to make a quick buck off a slapdash attempt to force some waggle into a weak concept. This is what has turned off so many gamers to the Wii. Now that the craze has died down though, I think we can expect more quality coming up and Sony and Microsoft will have to fight through the wades of gimmicky games that will be thrown out on their new motion controllers. (Why do I talk so much?)
Guitar and video games.

Roz~

@ Slow ~> Just change your router's settings. If you can't well just too bad I guess.

KefkaticFanatic

I went back to replay Twilight Princess, and it makes me cringe how dated the graphics look.  Especially since I play games older than it that look better.

They really should have stuck with cell shading.  I'm glad they're going back to it with Skyward Sword.

me irl
[close]

Roz~

I liked the TP's atmosphere. I'm glad they're going back to cell-shading but at least it's not as "cartoonish" as WW. Hopefully it still has a more "mature" feeling.

DrP

I actually liked the Graphics improvement from OoT in TP, but I agree with Roz, the cell shading is better than WW, giving it a more mature look, though we wont know HOW mature until we see it more in depth.