News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Nintendo 3DS

Started by pumpy_heart, April 27, 2010, 03:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

they were probably parents buying shit for their child(ren)

pumpy_heart

Played the 3DS at BestBuy last night.

Yeah, pretty much the coolest piece of technology ever.

SlowPokemon

I have a shitton of birthday money...I can afford the 3DS next week. :)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

How good does the 3D actually look on it?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

im not going to buy it now... i have more important things like textbooks, espresso machines, etc..

Sammbo101

Quote from: drpamplemousse on March 20, 2011, 04:03:21 PMim not going to buy it... i have more important things like textbooks, espresso machines, etc..

Go to hell. more for us.

KefkaticFanatic

The only reason I would even consider buying it at launch is because my DS is already dying as it is, so it would let me play a lot of the DS games I missed.  However, buying it based solely on potential is a comically stupid fanboy move, as there aren't even release dates for reasonable titles yet.  The 3D itself is certainly not worth buying the thing for, as it's really just a nice bonus effect rather than an OMG feature.  Really, when (and if) they get a bunch of solid titles, the price will be either lower or there will be a bundle with one of the nice games you should be getting.  At least wait until E3 so you can make sure they're not going to gimmick rape it into oblivion like the Wii.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

sorry, but i dont care! ill buy mine right at the STROKE of midnight and enjoy it forever :)

however, u are entitled to ur opinion :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

KefkaticFanatic

I find it amusing that the note under your profile pictures states that you are a perfectionist, yet you cannot even type out a few grammatically correct sentences.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

lol When he's right, he's right.

Until I see a steady stream of good games coming out for the 3DS, I'm definitely not buying it. I don't have the money, nor do I want to spend the money on something that could very well be what the Wii was for the first 4 years it was out. In lack of more than 5 games actually worth buying.

Give me games or give me a different system.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Olimar12345

u can say what u want, u wont change my mind. and typing informally does not mean that i am not a perfectionist when it comes to music. i find it funny that u think u know me, but u dont-similar to how u think u know exactly what will happen with the 3ds.

say what u want, im still getting one.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

pumpy_heart

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 21, 2011, 02:39:58 PMThe only reason I would even consider buying it at launch is because my DS is already dying as it is, so it would let me play a lot of the DS games I missed.  However, buying it based solely on potential is a comically stupid fanboy move, as there aren't even release dates for reasonable titles yet.  The 3D itself is certainly not worth buying the thing for, as it's really just a nice bonus effect rather than an OMG feature.  Really, when (and if) they get a bunch of solid titles, the price will be either lower or there will be a bundle with one of the nice games you should be getting.  At least wait until E3 so you can make sure they're not going to gimmick rape it into oblivion like the Wii.
I agree with most of this. My DS is a fatboy and it's about time to upgrade myself. I'm waiting til E3. However, the promised titles do look good enough to keep the system sustained.

The release date being set in March was an amazingly brilliant marketing move. Kudos to Nintendo and their ingenuity. This gives everyone a chance to try it out multiple times before the holiday frenzy hits.

As far as the 3D effect itself, the first time viewing it did strain my eyes a bit. I felt like I had to take time to find the sweet spot than playing the demo of Pilotwings (the only demo available; the menu isn't even accessible except by glitch). This took maybe 2-3 minutes, though I kept progressing through the demo as well. I also kept dabbling with the 3D slider, trying to make things easier. I eventually found halfway 3D was best for my first go with it. The sweet spot is pretty small, but the demo device has a cord attached to it to allow the user to move the 3DS to wherever it needs to be moved to be comfortable for the user. My girlfriend and I alternated turns. The second time I went, the sweet spot still took a while to obtain, but not nearly as long. After both going through the demo twice, we walked around the mall for a while. We then went back. By my 4th demo playthrough (yeah yeah, call me a fanboy; however, there were 3 different ways to fly and 3 different flyable objects), we were taking pictures with her phone. I was able to go from full blown 3D to her phone's camera and back without any problem at all.
This all being said, it will take time to get used to the 3D. To call it a gimmick would be nonsensical, as it definitely enhances some parts of the gameplay. None of the 3D imagery was "pop out" to try to scare you like most people think of 3D in movies. If anyone saw Toy Story 3, the 3D effects more resemble that style. The whole movie was shown in 3D, not just a few objects. And it definitely allows for better judgment on the turns and judgment on the speed of which you move.
The graphics were on par with the Wii for Pilotwings without the 3D slider. It looked like Wii Sports Resort or the like. Nothing amazingly technical, but impressive for a handheld. I found it hard to compare the two when viewing in 3D because it is truly a different experience.
You lose the widescreen in 3D or so I thought, but that made it seem like the bottom screen and top screen were the same size.
The thumb pad felt amazing. The PSP's nub felt like an outdated gimmick in comparison (not being a fanboy). However, I was able to put my thumbnail in the pad and leave a mark.
I went back to BestBuy the next day to do it all again haha.

That's about it. I'm pretty convinced I want one just for the technology sake. I'm going to try that glitch next time.

Here's where you can find a retailer near you offering that possibility as well.

Sammbo101

Fist pump for comically stupid fanboys! I'll be playing RE:3D before any of you doubting infidels.

KefkaticFanatic

At least pumpy is moderately reasonable for a fanboy.

But really, I refuse to believe you would be saying anything like
Quote from: pumpy_heart on March 21, 2011, 09:49:18 PMThe release date being set in March was an amazingly brilliant marketing move. Kudos to Nintendo and their ingenuity.
seriously unless you were just trying to be sarcastic.  Oh well.

Sammbo, I'm not saying it will be bad, it's just that it easily has a chance of being so!  I learned my lesson after I got the Wii at launch, and am not making that awful mistake again.  It's simply not logical to run ahead and purchase something before you know for certain that it will even be worth the price.

Also, the one and only thing that makes the nub better is that it has much less resistance, so I'm wondering if I can just mess with the spring on my PSP and make it a bit nicer to use.  I definitely like the bumps on the PSP nub better than the slippery smooth 3DS one.

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

nintendo sure does know how to do handhelds...